Lululemon Worth the $$$? Love it? Hate it?

Options

Replies

• litatura
    litatura Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I've become a Lulu addict. However, I refuse to pay full price - I either only buy when it's on sale or I'll buy used.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    Not worth the money. I'm working out, I don't need to look stylish and cute.
  • stargazer008
    stargazer008 Posts: 531
    Options
    I don't think it's worth it in my opinion because you can still workout with less expensive clothes. You're just paying for the logo. Just don't wear your lulus everywhere like as pants or something. They should be kept as workout clothing!
  • RainaWalks
    RainaWalks Posts: 72
    Options
    i own four pairs plus a top...none of which fit me now...looked great when i wore them but i bought a lovely pair of yoga pants at Reitmans that rivaled them easily....wish i had bought two pairs at Reitmans now...

i was out of my mind when i went shopping, put the pants on my credit card and slowly paid them off vowing to never do that again...i have not walked back into that store since...

the pants sit neatly folded waiting for the day when i can fit into them again...they are size 8 and 10...i'm currently a size 16....
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    LOL I've been reading it as 'Lou Lou Mon' ha ha!

I like the clothes and when I reach my goal weight I will treat myself to a few pieces.

I had no idea they were involved with Landmatk Forum though. That seems to be a very wack-a-doo organization.
  • wendi105
    wendi105 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    IMHO - totally totally worth it. I love everything I've bought from there. I used to buy my stuff from Walmart and Costo but felt that they didnt dry as quick, chafed under my arms, etc.

I saved up and bought some lulu stuff and now I'm addicted. I think I might need an intervention. I understand that it's not a fashion show when you work out but the confidence it gives me and knowing the price I paid, helps with my motivation.
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    BUMP for when I reach my goal! :)
  • mariabee
    mariabee Posts: 212 Member
    Options

See, this is what is quite misleading about Lululemon (or other high-end workout clothing/runners)... yes you're just "working out", but the clothes are cut so that they make exercise, in my opinion, easier, safer, and just better all around.

If I'm wearing a cotton t-shirt, for me personally, when I do more than 2 burpees, it ends up riding up my back, and when doing a spin class or yoga, regular shorts ride up too, etc...

I think looking "stylish and cute" is just an added benefit!

LOVE IT!
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options

I love looking stylish and cute while working out :)

This thread has decided it. When I reach a stable weight, lululemon pants shall be my reward. I had no idea they had sales, and now I know. I deserve it after hiking up old navy and target pants for 13 months, right?
  • seapard
    seapard Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Totally worth it. I've had two pairs of Lululemon yoga pants for over 5 years. One pair is a 10, the other an 8. Both cope with the ebbs and flows of my weight/shape and don't ever stretch out after wearing. They still fit and look great after wearing twice a week for years.

A good practice is to go through the website and see what products continue to be made vs. items only manufactured once or twice. And it's definitely best to buy in store vs. online.
  • chi18
    chi18 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I've heard that there has been a decline in the quality of their products lately. Can anyone who has purchased from them in the past and then more recently offer any insight here?
  • Jenney92
    Jenney92 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    TOTALLY worth the money! Every Lulu item I have is in perfect condition and lasts a long time. A few of their shirts are really great if you sweat a ton like me, cause I can barely feel myself drowning in sweat! The trick is to watch all your Lulu items together and then they won't be ruined ;)
  • dane11235813
    dane11235813 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    I've heard that there has been a decline in the quality of their products lately. Can anyone who has purchased from them in the past and then more recently offer any insight here?

is that what "THEY" said?
  • InTheInbetween
    InTheInbetween Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Love me some Lulu! I'm not convinced their prices are entirely justified however their clothes are among the few that truly fit my body WELL and are equally comfortable and functional. I'm a cheapo so I usually opt for less expensive options but I do sacrifice the good fit that way and my experiences have taught me that where workout clothes are concerned I really do get what I pay for. The clothes I've shelled out a little more for are the ones I keep around and use the most because they fit the best and serve the functions I need!
  • NoSpandex
    NoSpandex Posts: 54
    Options
    Totally overrated. That said, I did not say no when my ex bought me a bunch of it. I would never spend my own money on it, I have better things to buy (like a second pair of running shoes to wear on mud race courses).

It's good quality clothing, but you pay a premium for the brand/label.

The exception for me is their sports bra, the Ta-Ta Tamer. Stupid name, excellent bra. It was the first thing I found that's,add running with 34Ds tolerable. Shock Absorber, another brand, does the same thing for less though.

So glad to hear that. I have heard many times that the Ta-Ta Tamer is great for those of us that are D and above. I want to try it, but have to order online. Do you wear your normal bra size in that? I usually go up a size (band not cup) in sports bras.
  • chi18
    chi18 Posts: 95 Member
    Options

So... was that not a reasonable question to ask on a thread titled "Lululemon Worth the $$$? Love it? Hate it?" Or was that your way of answering that there has not been a decline in quality?
  • Toxictwist
    Toxictwist Posts: 274
    Options
    Love!!! :)
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    now i'm interested. my butt already looks fan freaking tastic thanks to squats and deadlifts.sounds like if i wear some lulu pants, one look at my right cheek will cure cancer and one clench of my left cheek will turn water into wine.
  • belenramirez
    belenramirez Posts: 1 Member
    Options

So... was that not a reasonable question to ask on a thread titled "Lululemon Worth the $$$? Love it? Hate it?" Or was that your way of answering that there has not been a decline in quality?

I've only been wearing lulu for a little over 2 years and I do agree with people saying that sometimes wearing the right clothing for your workout helps you work out. I love their running crops and tanks and the ta ta tamers.

That said, there has definitely been a change in quality lately. And on top of that, lululemon probably has the most restrictive return policy (14 days, with tags on & receipt). A lot of the issues lately deal with bleeding colors (in the wash, on you when you sweat, on the drying rack, etc). Other issues regarding changing of fabrics and sheerness and general changes in design have also come up.

I believe it's worth the money, but if I don't LOVE and KNOW that I love something they make I don't buy it.

You can check out their facebook page for some of the recent issues and some blogs out there to see pictures of the issues (luluaddict & lulumun). I use that as fyi's to figure out what to stay away from.
  • DaveRCF
    DaveRCF Posts: 266
    Options
    As a guy I have to squeeze into the tiny corner of the store that sells men's clothing. BUT, I have never been dissatisfied with a single piece of clothing from the store. I'm the guy who cruises the clearance rack and buys the bright orange workout shorts for 50-70% off. Great quality and I don't really care that I look like a traffic pylon at the gym.

Truth be told, I also have some casual shorts and a black zip up top that I paid full freight for. The top is essentially my go-to piece of clothing for layering when skiing or as a light fall jacket.

The stuff is basically indestructible.