Rude people....learn some manners!~

Options
curvykim78
curvykim78 Posts: 799 Member
I can't believe what I heard a group of teens talking about yesterday. While I was waiting for my kids to ride a ride at the amusement park, I overheard a group of 5 teen boys commenting on a large lady. She was obviously overweight, but so what. She was taking her child out of the stroller so they could ride the carousel together when they walked by. They LOUDLY said "I hope they have bigger seats for her big, fat a**!~" and continued to make fat jokes. I looked at my daughter in amazement that I couldn't believe what I heard...I was so mad! About that time, the lady heard as well and turned to look at them too. My heart broke-all I could see was her sad face. I was in shock and all I could say was Damn, that was RUDE...and I hope those little douchbags heard me too!~ Another guy heard as well and told them they were being rude... Apparently someones parents didn't teach them any manners.

Replies

• curvykim78
    curvykim78 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jcmartin0313
    jcmartin0313 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Yes it should be legal to kick kids's *kitten* when they act this way.
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    I would have said something to them!
  • VanillaBeanSeed
    VanillaBeanSeed Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    :frown: Terrible. I hope that lady heard you both saying they were being rude, so she knew some people are caring!! Id like to think in that situation I would have jumped to her rescue and said something, but in reality, I dont know what Id do :[
  • Treesy72
    Treesy72 Posts: 230
    Options
    I'm mad just reading about it! :mad:
  • RealWomenLovePitbulls
    RealWomenLovePitbulls Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    yeah, a lot of people just do and say whatever they want, without any thought of how it might hurt someone. don't be afraid to tell someone when they are being a jerk because they don't know what is going on with that person who they just made fun of or how deeply it can effect a person, so at least by sticking up for them, u can show them that someone is on their side and doesn't think that way about them. whatever happened to "if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all"?
  • PsiChi
    PsiChi Posts: 157
    Options
    Jeez some peoples kids, if my dad heard me talking like that he'd take me out back and kick my *kitten*.
  • brentdaniels
    brentdaniels Posts: 127
    Options
    There is no accountability anymore...if the parents heard you saying something to the little darlings they would probably want to sue you for infringing on the little angel's right to free speech. Makes me sick.
  • lindsy721
    lindsy721 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    That's awful :-( That poor woman. I hope she could just forget it and have fun with her child.
  • noiinteam
    noiinteam Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    what goes around comes around.. someday they will get theirs
  • KayeeDaisyBee
    Options
    I am that lady...i am someone who is abused by groups of skinny little teenage ****bags on a regular basis. I hate these kids, their rudeness stays with a person forever, trust me. I remember incidents from years ago like this...and those kids don't remember i was even in their presence...but i remember their faces and words and the way it made me feel...i believe in karma so i hope life has got them back for hurting me...every last one.
  • rozsbluejay
    rozsbluejay Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I would have said something to them!

Sometimes it makes the situation worse. Sad but true.
  • mermx
    mermx Posts: 976
    Options
    It is really rude to be sure! On the flip side ( I am certainly not excusing their behaviour)

I was out to lunch with my Dad about 18 months ago, my Dad was 71 at the time, he was dithering at the counter ordering the food and a man in his 40`s was saying very loudly, hurry up you old f*** we haven`t got all day. So I went in all guns blazing and told him to shut his big mouth etc.etc. His first words were "what has it got to do with you, you fat f***" I was around 180lbs and 5`4" He was a lot bigger than me (fat wise) We continued to banter words till the Manager came over and threw him out.

But it played on my mind that yes I was overweight and so here I am down to 140lbs. I don`t want anyone to say that to me again!
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Reminds me of the overweight lady bus monitor and the kids that made fun of her. The father of one of the boys couldn't BELIEVE his kid acted like that and was so upset and disappointed. Every kid who does something like that should be made to face the same punishment those kids did.
  • lindalou4850
    lindalou4850 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    That is sad!! That poor lady knows she is overweight she doesn't need to be reminded by p#@s Pots that are rude. If you would have said something to them do you really think they would have cared??
  • Josette89
    Josette89 Posts: 244
    Options
    Oh believe me, it's not only kids. I was at the store one day and a woman came in with her baby, Her baby started crying (as most babies do) and these two adult women were snickering about her. I was looking through clothes right next to them, They were saying, "OMG, if that were my kid I would have just stayed home, why would she bring a baby to the store if she were crying." I couldn't help myself, my blood was boiling the more they talked about this poor woman who was obviously frustrated as well. i straight up told them, "Yeah, so she is going to let her baby control her life and stay stuck in her home just to convenience rude people like you." They had the audacity to back up there complaints with, "well, when I had my kids I would have never come out in public if they were crying like that" I just looked at them in disgust and walked away. Sometimes people are just really rude and unfortunately that rude behavior gets transferred to their children. I think it is terrible to comment on someone whom you have no clue of their life or their story.
  • arcticfox04
    arcticfox04 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Most people in this world are a bunch of idiots. What goes around comes around to them in the future.
  • Assassins_Angel
    Options
    that is really sad!! some teens just arent brought up well, though if i'd have over heard that i'd have said something but i can be very confrontational when it comes to things like this!! it is disgusting on how some people see/treat overweight people
  • julialla
    julialla Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    That makes me so sad...I'm 18 but would never, ever, ever, in a million years make or allow comments like that to be said by either me or my group of friends. :(
  • DrowningMermaid
    Options
    I can't stand people like that. Years ago, I was outside watering my garden (in grubby clothes, looking pretty gross, I'll admit) and two teenage boys were walking on the sidewalk. One said to the other "There's a girl for you!" and the other responded "Ugh, no thanks!"

I sprayed them with the hose.

I suppose if they'd have shown a little more restraint, I would too. I don't put up with BS like that and neither should anyone else.