Healthy foods to survive the Zombie Apocalypse?

13»

Replies

• LesterBlackstone
    LesterBlackstone Posts: 291 Member
    Poppycock.

Never had it. What does it taste like?
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Have you looked into hyroponics? You will need to make sure you have a generator or some source of energy for the lamps.
  • mcarter99
    mcarter99 Posts: 1,666 Member
    Yeah, the dried beans and rice are going to taste lousy if you don't have power to cook them.
  • becki1815
    becki1815 Posts: 51 Member
    The high sodium just means you need to stockpile bottles of water with it to wash it out. Then of course you need to have a way to dispose of your chamber pot, with all that water....

Costco at least has coffins in stock....
  • Loulady
    Loulady Posts: 511 Member
    Brains.

FTW!
  • Loulady
    Loulady Posts: 511 Member
    Poppycock.

Never had it. What does it taste like?

poppycock.jpg
  • The worlds not going to end get over yourself
  • Meggles63
    Meggles63 Posts: 916 Member
    In the case of a zombie apocalypse - i would no longer care about which foods I am eatting, as long as if i am eatting something. In a time of emergency, you cant be too particular and just be thankful for the fact you have food.

Haha I could just imagine being locked down in the basement during a zombie apocalypse reading the ingredient labels saying "this has way too much sodium".
    ^^^This! Wouldn't worry about the sodium. However, DO make sure you have a non-electric can opener.....
  • Newf77
    Newf77 Posts: 802 Member
    I don't know about you guys, but I am going to costco when the zombie apocalypse happens. They can't break in and and you have all the food you need! :) but shhhh, don't tell anyone ;)

do they sell guns? i think i'd choose wal mart so that i can get some weapons.

yah but they can break into walmart!! costco is a warehouse, you are safe there ;)

You would be better off going to a business that has a second floor {not going to tell you my fall back location}. Block off the stairs cases and wedge the elevator. Warehouses have a weakness called delivery bay doors.
  • But then you will get affected, i would stock up on dried carb's and dried fruit, added with canned veggies, and beans.
  • NoxDineen
    NoxDineen Posts: 497 Member
    First of all, I like where your head is at.

Secondly, do you have canned tuna in your stockpile? That would probably be the first thing I'd grab.
  • michaelsgirl1210
    michaelsgirl1210 Posts: 37 Member
    Freeze dried fruits and vegetables. Depending on the variety and how they are canned, some can last up to 20 years if they are unopened. And they taste good dry or re-hydrated. I buy them from Shelf Reliance because my toddler has texture issues and can't handle a lot of fresh vegetables.
  • SgtMindy
    SgtMindy Posts: 53
    Learn how to can.... it's easier than you think.