If you are bored I would like an opinion

Options

Replies

• Romans624
    Romans624 Posts: 822
    Options
    I'm glad I clicked on the thread... I would have worn the first one but I don't necessarily know all that much about clothing ettiquette.

They both look very nice.... If you are worried I'd go with the second which is really nice. Maybe the day before or after go out and wear your favorite and get all decked out so you don't feel like you have to hide yourself... its just that the bride's day is supposed to be about her and her groom , etc etc.

At the end of the day choice is yours and I don't think either will crash the wedding... I have seen lots of dresses similar to the first one at the wedding (receptions) I have been to and the brides never made mention of it. :)
  • sassylilmama
    sassylilmama Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    2nd one is a safer bet for the boss' daughters wedding.
  • taxidermist15
    taxidermist15 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    the first one would be fine with a little cropped cardigan or something.

remember the rule. if your showing your legs, cover your arms,

if you show your arms, cover your legs.

i like the first one much better, but just tone it down a bit for a wedding. great clubbing dress though! and as the first guy said, a nice wide belt, with a matching color cropped jacket would be so cute, and still be sexy, and conservative. show it off!
  • katy84o
    katy84o Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    I think the second one looks better for your boss's daughter's wedding. If it were a friend or family member, the black may be more appropriate, but if it were me, I'd go with the second one. **Unless you can find that "splash" of color to go with it, to make it less of the little black cocktail dress that you'd wear when going out to the club or a party.
  • chanty1234
    chanty1234 Posts: 56
    Options
    I like both dresses, but I don't think that the second dress is wedding material. I do like the first dress you can always tone it down a little bit by adding a shrug or a cute belt and necklace. Well that is just my opinion.
  • Tapemymouthshutplease
    Options
    I know times are changing, maybe I am old fashioned, but I was always told to never wear black to a wedding. Since it is summer it would be appropriate to wear something lighter in color, but not white either. I am sure you will look beautiful no matter what you wear. Good luck! : )
  • 180farm
    180farm Posts: 230
    Options
    i like the second one better for a formal wedding. if you do something with the first to give a splash of color like a belt or something it could work though. yes i did say splash of color and no im not gay i was just married to someone who watched what not to wear constantly

^^^Agree. Second one. The first would also look great with a shawl, especially if it's an evening event.

But I have to say if I had to match the quotes with the profile pics I would have lost. Lol
  • SuffolkSally
    SuffolkSally Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Where's the third option?

The second doesn't flatter you.

The first - well it clings, certainly; even less flattering - not the best thing unless you could accessorise extensively, and you'd have to, to make plain black at all suitable for a summer wedding.

I'd go and buy something altogether different.
  • KayakAngel
    KayakAngel Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    If the wedding is formal and at night, I think wearing a little black dress is totally appropriate, but you might feel more comfortable wearing a shawl or shrug with it, as other posters have mentioned. You do look really good in the second one, though it is less dressy.
  • itsafrappe
    itsafrappe Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    i like the second one better for a formal wedding. if you do something with the first to give a splash of color like a belt or something it could work though. yes i did say splash of color and no im not gay i was just married to someone who watched what not to wear constantly

^^^Agree. Second one. The first would also look great with a shawl, especially if it's an evening event.

But I have to say if I had to match the quotes with the profile pics I would have lost. Lol

so i dont look like i know fashion? lol i guess thats probabl a good thing
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Another vote for the first with a colorful shrug. You can always lose the shrug at the reception if others are showing skin and keep it on if they are dressed more conservatively.
  • mbddawn
    mbddawn Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Second one is more suitable for a wedding especially in a church
  • Briski1411
    Briski1411 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I think u looked great in both of them but the first black dress was sexier. Definitely would be my choice I feel the second dress looked more professional. That's my opinion but I've been married long enough to know that it doesn't matter what I say it is about how you feel so go with the one you are comfortable in.

Which dress will be the easiest to dance in?
    Which dress is easy to slip off? just in case.....lol
    Which dress will you not care to ruin if u happen to drink a LOT to much?

Think about which dress will allow you to have more fun in?

:drinker:
  • Kitten2629
    Kitten2629 Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    I love the first one.. not so much the second. It all depends on your relationship with boss and family.

Every where I have worked I've been close enough that I would socialize with boss and my co-workers outside of work. So if it was me the first dress is what I would wear.. Now if I was attending one of my husband's co-workers events I would cover up more.
  • SuffolkSally
    Options
    If the wedding is formal and at night, I think wearing a little black dress is totally appropriate, but you might feel more comfortable wearing a shawl or shrug with it, as other posters have mentioned. You do look really good in the second one, though it is less dressy.

Do people have formal, night-time, weddings? Cocktail parties, Burn's night, and formal black tie evening dress dinner parties are all one sort of category - weddings are surely another? In any case I'd want either an extensive cover-up and acessorize job, or something considerably less clingy, longer - to the knee, and with at least short sleeves.

Surely? This is the boss's daughter' wedding, not a booze cruise with the girl's where everyone will be too drunk to notice much?
  • SuffolkSally
    Options
    I am going to formal wedding next weekend. My boss's daughter is the one getting married so pretty much everyone I work with is gonna be there. I orginally bought this little black dress that hugs my curves, and makes me feel uber sexy, but here is the problem I am having is it too sexy? I bought a back up dress to wear just in case, but just curious which one looks better in your opinion..
    Thanks

photobucket-8651-1342310406223.jpg

photobucket-1189-1342310379718.jpg

Well no - it's certainly not too sexy. A bit of extra coverage would be good.

photobucket-1732-1342310390379.jpg
  • sheleen302
    sheleen302 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Dress number 2, definitely. You look gorgeous without looking like you are trying too hard.
  • RamTX22
    RamTX22 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    You look very nice in both, very beautiful :)
    My vote is for the second , considering the event. You make both outfits look great !
  • lamos1
    lamos1 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    For a wedding....I would go with the second one!
  • PrincessShay135
    Options
    I would wear the black one if it is an evening wedding and the other if it is a daytime one. You will look great either way.