Who are our Gamers? What are you currently playing?

Options
With work and fitness i've switched from being a hardcore gamer to a casual gamer.
Just picked up Dead Island and Payday: The Heist from the Steam sale.

Are you a gamer?
What console?
What are you playing now?

Replies

• Sapporo
    Sapporo Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    StarCraft II on my computer. Yeah I'm slow, I know it is old but I don't have much time so I haven't finished yet. I'm also still working on Assassin's Creed II on the PS3.
  • Vonwarr
    Vonwarr Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Dead Island was pretty fun! I'm an avid gamer, although kinda in limbo waiting for new games... Fitness has started to eat into my gaming time too, not that it's a bad thing.

I have all consoles, but by FAR prefer gaming on PC.

Playing Diablo 3, Mount and Blade: Warband, Tribes: Ascend, and a bunch of time wasting games at the moment.
  • ethansmug
    ethansmug Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Just got an ok vid card for my PC so the Steam Summer Sale is slowly draining my bank acct. So far the games I am playing are Orcs Must Die, Shogun 2, Half Life, Half Life 2, Shank 2, Fallout Vegas.

On the 360 the games I am playing are too numerous to count =P
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    I don't understand why people need to give up gaming for fitness :P It's the snacking while playing that does you in, and gaming was one of the few times when I never used to eat... anyway, currently;

World of Warcraft (raiding)
    Skyrim
    Pokemon White
    Diablo III
    SSX (Xbox 360)

and in eager anticipation of Halo 4, Mists of Pandaria, Pokemon Black and White II, Borderlands 2 and the Skyrim DLC for PC.
  • sawace
    sawace Posts: 4
    Options
    (1) Yes I am a gamer
    (2) Any console :D

Right Now currently working on Diablo 3 Nightmare, I will be playing Fallout Vegas next and then Borderlands 2!! Yaaay! My Xbox is currently broken so I'm searching for a new one to fit my hard drive. If I don't end up getting an Xbox soon I'll work on torchlight and Portal 1 and 2 (I know I know, get on it) haha.
  • McBully4
    McBully4 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    Warcraft and Diablo III havent played either in months school has me completely locked down.

85's are belf mage, worgen mage, ud warrior, tauren shaman, troll rogue. my annual pass runs out in october and there is pretty much zero chance ill renew.
  • mrkennethjay
    Options
    When i play Diablo 3 i set a goal that for every hour i play i have to go AFK and go 25 sit ups, 25 push ups and 25 pull ups.
  • Desterknee
    Desterknee Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    Diablo 3, Star Wars the Old Republic, Skyrim, Mass Effect 3 (insanity), Super Mario 3D Land

I always go back to my SNES games too

PS3 all the way.

Also own SNES, n64, Wii, 3ds and pc
  • Desterknee
    Desterknee Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    I don't understand why people need to give up gaming for fitness :P

For me it wasn't the snacking. It was the sitting on my *kitten* for 10 hours at a time haha

I'm trying to start gaming while I ride my stationary bike. Trying. I have been gaming less tho just to get out more.
  • Vonwarr
    Vonwarr Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I don't understand why people need to give up gaming for fitness :P It's the snacking while playing that does you in, and gaming was one of the few times when I never used to eat...

It's more that I used to game every waking moment that wasn't otherwise occupied by work or the essentials of life. Long term WoW raider, not going back any more though.
  • mrkennethjay
    Options
    I agree. For me it was just balancing my time. Between Work, Gym, Cleaning, Cooking and a social life, My gaming time went down to about less than 6 hours a day.

I work third shift so mon my off nights Sun-Tuesday i might squeeze in a couple of hours on Blacklight Retribution or Diablo 3, but my 12 hour gaming sessions of SWTOR and WOW are over.

Anybody thinking about picking up Guild Wars 2 ?
  • KukuDan
    KukuDan Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Forza 4, I only have about 20 hours on this in 4 weeks. But that is probably more than I have played any game since Christmas. My wife and kids all enjoy the kinnect and kick my *kitten* at carnival.
  • Venturin
    Venturin Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Currently playing Bulletstorm on my 360.. Very fun game
  • SafioraLinnea
    SafioraLinnea Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    Female gamers win. :) World of Warcraft was my vise from a few weeks after release until about four months ago. I averaged 7 hours a day in the game on weekdays, 14/day on weekends. I was so addicted.

I was:
    A healing priest raider from Molten Core onward. (Loot the core hound, macro to /yell where the shards are in SSC, endless TK mount runs in which I only saw the ashes drop twice (OMG...) get out of the defile etc.)

Alt leveler(12 level 85s across 3 servers, 40+ characters leveled to 80 or higher, deleted multiple max level and early raid geared characters for a second chance at leveling them more efficiently...)

Guild materials farmer(blizzard froze my account for three days claiming it wasn't humanly possible for someone to farm herbs over a 29 hour period of time like I did -- I only slept 6 hours of that, the rest was farming -- and didn't sell a single one of those flowers -- all of them went to my inscriptionist to make decks for guildmates. I successfully completed 7 trinkets for guildmates that weekend and my guild master called blizzard to give them crap about banning my account when I was doing something to help the guild. I offered to do the farming in game in guild chat to the GM, updating hourly to her how I was doing, and spent the entire time talking in guild chat to everyone online, including screenshots that were posted to our guild website... I ended up with a week of free game time.

Guild achievement junkie(in competition with someone who would PvP and raid on the same character. The only thing I never enjoyed in WoW was PvP (exception being a guild premade to stand behind and heal so I could pretend it was a regular raid. Hated PvP otherwise!!).

I met every boyfriend I had in that game. I moved across the country for one of them and dumped him a year later after he quit playing and I didn't want to. I met some of the most interesting and amazing people ever through that game and broke in my passport meeting up with guild mates.

I imagine I'd still be playing if not for the fact that all of my closest friends, including my guild master, quit playing a year ago, made promises to return and never did. That and my classes at college started taking a lot out of me and I needed to prioritize them or risk not completing my degree.

After I quit playing, I realized I had a ton of time on my hands, disliked how I looked, decided to get healthier and found MFP. Now the closest thing I get to gaming is playing Diablo 3 at my mom's house for an hour or two a week, and Wii Fit. I simply reorganized my priorities and found that I didn't have time for world of warcrack anymore. I was just too addicted to be able to cut down to less hours of play rather than just quit.
  • mbcwild1
    mbcwild1 Posts: 7
    Options
    first im playing biggest loser and ufc trainer for xbox 360 kinect and playing call of duty 3, max payne 3 and sniper elite v2.
    but i have my days where i play alot but I dont miss a day on my work outs
  • Punktorian
    Punktorian Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    PC only, last console I owned was a PS2.
    I played World of Warcraft for over 5 years on and off, realized that when I don't spend 7+ hours a day playing it everything else is better.
    Right now I'm playing random stuff I buy during the steam sale. So far portal 1&2 and Alice Madness Returns. I'm waiting for guild wars 2.
  • blanhe2
    blanhe2 Posts: 88
    Options
    LOTRO, LOTRO and more LOTRO. I play on Landroval.
  • GenesisandEden
    GenesisandEden Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    FF all
  • Jaccyber
    Jaccyber Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Yes I am a gamer
    PC mostly
    Currently playing Deus Ex Human Revolution

Also have the Nintendo Wii but that is mostly for exercising right now. I do enjoy playing Super Mario Wii from time to time.
    Looking forward to the Wii U.
  • ethansmug
    ethansmug Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Currently playing Bulletstorm on my 360.. Very fun game

My son is playing that as I type this =P

It's a pretty fun game.

Anyone on the 360 that plays MW3 and wants to play a few games, PM me and I'll shoot you my gamer tag =]