Dieting WTFs?

Options

Replies

• jcmartin0313
    jcmartin0313 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I heard if you take cold shower and poop alot for 7.25 days you will lose weight!
  • tanith88
    tanith88 Posts: 5
    Options
    Saw one recently at a fair that said you can lose 15lb in a week by drinking aloe vera (cactus juice).
    Um...my mum used to make me drink that stuff as a kid for a while (she always had a new 'miracle' thing can't remember what this was supposed to do now). It was disgusting - probably one of the most vile things I had ever tasted.

I rather weigh the extra 15lb I think even if I believed it would work.:laugh:

I do drink aloe vera juice every morning - it's a great colon/gut cleanser and I've found that if my stomach is feeling off a good shot of it in water really helps. Yes, when I started drinking it I was gagging but I actually got used to the flavour and even crave it sometimes! I do tend to forget that it is rather disgusting to most people and have offered to let people occasionally try mine when they've asked and failed to warn them that the taste is rather 'acquired' haha
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,311 Member
    Options
    To be honest, I've never seen more dieting WTF's than right here. "Not losing weight? Eat more!"

So true. I eat 1500 cals a day and was told I should eat more. WTF?! I gained (I was nearly 12 stone at one point) eating 1700 cals a day over 5 years. I know what my maintenance is.
  • jankris
    jankris Posts: 1
    Options
    The summer before entering my Jr hear of High school...I lived on unsweetened ice tea and granola bars....lost weight...had energy...but I was 16 not 54! LOL
  • futuremalestripper
    futuremalestripper Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    To be honest, I've never seen more dieting WTF's than right here. "Not losing weight? Eat more!"

I'd say the biggest "wtf's" are the people who bash some diets that actually work.
    If you look through the forums, at least one person is bashing every diet that exists
    or saying that every concept is a lie or myth. It happens all over on here.
    Sure, some of them are bad or b.s, but there is quite a few that are true and work.
    Just because you don't understand it, doesn't mean it's a lie.
  • healthymission92
    Options
    The special K diet, were you eat 2 bowls of special k instead of 2 meals then you can eat any meal what so ever for the evening. By far the stupidest and lack of nutrition!
  • cobracars
    cobracars Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    I do drink aloe vera juice every morning - it's a great colon/gut cleanser

So why don't they prescribe it before a colonoscopy?
  • ZeroWoIf
    ZeroWoIf Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Saw one recently at a fair that said you can lose 15lb in a week by drinking aloe vera (cactus juice).
    Um...my mum used to make me drink that stuff as a kid for a while (she always had a new 'miracle' thing can't remember what this was supposed to do now). It was disgusting - probably one of the most vile things I had ever tasted.

I rather weigh the extra 15lb I think even if I believed it would work.:laugh:

My friend made me try this aloe vera drink a few weeks ago! It was actually kind of good, once you got over the floating aloe bits.

I wish I could say the same when I had aloe vera a year or two ago. It felt like I was drinking bengay in a drink form.
  • ZeroWoIf
    ZeroWoIf Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    The special K diet, were you eat 2 bowls of special k instead of 2 meals then you can eat any meal what so ever for the evening. By far the stupidest and lack of nutrition!

Problem with cereal is that is mostly processed. There is something about processed food and weight loss that just don't go at times.
  • Weaz66
    Weaz66 Posts: 1,846 Member
    Options
    I always liked the infommercials that promise a guaranted weight loss in "X" amount of days, and in small print put....."in addition to drinking a glass of water before each meal, exercise plan and dietary restrictions".........DUH, doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out why the person would lose weight.
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    "A calorie is a calorie" always raises a laugh for me.
  • jamonthelam
    Options
    I saw a magazine with "Be bikini ready in seven days!" written on it yesterday and just kind of laughed. Yeah, I'm literally only a week away from being small enough to wear a bikini.
  • desonice
    desonice Posts: 5
    Options
    i did akins about 10 yrs ago lost 100 pounds in 6 months hurt my kidneys on that one now i have 63 pounds till goal and iam really unsure that iam not eatting enough calories but i fell full.
  • ironmom77
    ironmom77 Posts: 45
    Options
    A friend of mine (also a doctor, I might add) was bragging about all the weight she was losing using the Sacred Heart Soup diet. You basically just eat as much vegetable soup as you like. She lost 7 lbs in one week, went to work, passed out, and ended up in the emergency room. The WTF moment came when she posted about her fainting, and having to go to the ER. All her blood work was screwed up (low blood sugar, anemia, etc) and people were still asking her about the diet. They didn't care about the obvious health risks, just that she lost 7 lbs in one week without exercising!
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    God, if I hear another Paleo/Atkins/HFLC zealot rave about how you can eat 5,000 + calories of animal protein and dark leafy greens and NEVER gain weight, I'll eat my hat.

I'm not wearing a hat. :laugh:

I would LOVE to see someone eat 5,000 calories in meat and leafy greens. I don't think it is possible unless you are a sumo wrestler or a competitive eater.
  • BriaMc
    BriaMc Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    The ones i love on pinterest are the ones that are like 6-10 excersizes (pushups, jumping jacks etc) you do for only TEN MINUTES and it claims you burn more than an HOUR of running....um ya i call BS on that!
  • angiezturn
    angiezturn Posts: 49
    Options
    HCG drops - I actually had a relative suggest those to me. She has lost 60lbs taking those drops and eating next to nothing.

I told her no thanks, that I'd rather exercise and eat less and she said "Ohh, I hate exercise. Why would you want to get sweaty like that?" :noway:

Yeah, you go ahead and enjoy those 500 calories that you eat today. I'll be over here enjoying my food and running for miles :bigsmile:

OMG I have a friend who just said the same thing to me!! She needs to lose well over 100 pounds, I suggested she do this site with me and she simply said "oh I will get back on the HCG" Forget she probably needs exercise or proper nutrition. I didn't say anything, I think I was in shock.
  • Bigmama0210
    Options
    We have a boutique in town that recommends slimming wraps. All you have to do is grease down and wrap yourself in plastic wrap a few times a week and ta-da you're skinny!

LMAO thats a funny one!
  • EvaB93
    EvaB93 Posts: 101
    Options
    I highly Doubt that Dr. OZ says Skip breakfast, hes always encouraging it on his show ! :wink:
  • Frisky_CoastalNative
    Options
    Sensa ~ granules you shake on food, according to commercials on TV

African mango ~don't even know what this is

SafSlim ~ drinking fat to lose belly fat...:laugh:

If you bought every supplement Dr. Oz wanted you to for weight loss, you would be to full to eat real food not to mention broke! I don't think he knows what he's talking about.