My Stupid Pal

Options
124»

Replies

• HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    FYI...since I have suddenly been demonized for voicing an opinion let me add some facts.

The mortality associated with bariatric surgery in several peer reviewed medical journals (not Google or the news) approaches 1 percent for all risk groups. This is extremely low.

...but aren't you demonizing others for having an opinion?? You are calling people stupid for having a different opinion then yours. Sooooo........isn't that the pot calling the kettle black?
  • 17ChargerGirl17
    Options
    There is nothing wrong with having the surgery if you feel that is the only way to go. However, I work with a Bariatric Dr and his opinion is that when you are that heavy you should just have the surgery because you're not going to be able to lose it on your own. I disagree with him. I could have had the surgery, I was over 325 lbs when I started this and have lost 75 lbs with determination and good old fashion hard work. So it is not hopeless and anyone can do it if they have the right mind set and the determination to do it. The problem is that having surgery is a quick fix. NO I dont mean that you will lose all this weight really quick, although, a lot of people do. But there are also quite a few people that gain the weight back and then were are they?

Having said that, to each his own. If you feel like it is hopeless and you can't do it on your own, they do what you gotta do. But with me and I know alot of people on here. We have done it, so anyone can.....
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Well people can only give you their opinions, what else can you expect?! If you don't like it, do some research and come to your own conclusions.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    FYI...since I have suddenly been demonized for voicing an opinion let me add some facts.

The mortality associated with bariatric surgery in several peer reviewed medical journals (not Google or the news) approaches 1 percent for all risk groups. This is extremely low.
    1 in 100 is not, by any measure of death, extremely low.
  • T0M0
    T0M0 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Dear Posters,

I wanted to offer a brief explanation for the locking of this thread.

The forum guidelines include this item:

1. No Attacks or Insults and No Reciprocation

a) Do not attack, mock, or otherwise insult others. You can respectfully disagree with the message or topic, but you cannot attack the messenger. This includes attacks against the user’s spelling or command of written English, or belittling a user for posting a duplicate topic.
    b) If you are attacked by another user, and you reciprocate, you will also be subject to the same consequences. Defending yourself or a friend is not an excuse! Do not take matters into your own hands – instead, use the Report Post link to report an attack and we will be happy to handle the situation for you.

If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

At our discretion, this locked thread may be deleted entirely in the near future.

With respect,
    T0M0

MyFitnessPal Forum Moderator
This discussion has been closed.