Where are you from and what is your favorite hometown food?

Options
1235»

Replies

• Impy84
    Impy84 Posts: 430
    Options
    SOUTH AMERICA!!!!!!!!!
    bake and saltfish
    fried rice
    dhal
    roti
  • Sissy4EverX3
    Sissy4EverX3 Posts: 247
    Options
    Evansville, Indiana.. and you know, it's probably the WORST kinda food anyone can have, but I love me a brain sandwich. I grew up watching my grandmother & mother clean them, then prepare the batter. They were my first solid food when I was 4 months old and I only eat one a year.. don't knock it til ya try it. :) (Speaking of, the Fall Festival is coming up in October.. I'm ready!! LOL)

brainsandwich.jpg
  • sunsetwest
    sunsetwest Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    i have never heard of or seen such an odd sandwich ingredient! waste not, i suppose ... i could never bring myself to try it, even if i started eating meat again. :sick:
    Evansville, Indiana.. and you know, it's probably the WORST kinda food anyone can have, but I love me a brain sandwich. I grew up watching my grandmother & mother clean them, then prepare the batter. They were my first solid food when I was 4 months old and I only eat one a year.. don't knock it til ya try it. :) (Speaking of, the Fall Festival is coming up in October.. I'm ready!! LOL)

brainsandwich.jpg
  • Papabear0428
    Options
    County Westmeath, Ireland.........
    It has to be Sunday Roast dinner!! Roast Chicken, Mashed potatoes, roast potatoes, carrots, gravy, YUM.

OR
    Traditional Irish Stew with all the trimmings!!!

AND
    Tea of course!!

We used to have the same thing every Sunday too! Small world!
  • ucpg
    ucpg Posts: 158
    Options
    from Alberta, and Taber Corn is the most sweetest delicious corn ever!
    Grasshopper bigRock beer is fantastic too, wheat ale made from these parts :drinker:
  • Meg_78
    Meg_78 Posts: 998 Member
    Options
    Currently in Sweden, and can't say I favor anything in particular from here, though the quality of milk is better than anywhere I have tasted (and I loooove milk!!) , but originally from Melbourne Australia and the cafe culture there is some of the best in the world so my favourite would be good coffee and a good quality brunch fry up with eggs, bacon, hashbrowns and grilled tomatoes and mushrooms, maybe a little spinach, and sourdough toast.
  • mrsasad
    mrsasad Posts: 4
    Options
    i am from pakistan and i eat extreme meal from KFC on every weekend...
  • charitas32
    charitas32 Posts: 58
    Options
    I'm from a Ilkley in west Yorkshire and I should say Betty's Fat Rascals ( kind of a spiced scone/ rock cake) , but if I'm honest it's the fish and chips fried in beef dripping, fish always always cooked to order. Apparently it's fine to eat the fish and leave the batter as the fish steams inside the batter, but really that's the best bit.

I was going to argue with Blue fox about the best curry City , but I was a student in Liecester and the veggie curry houses were the best,. Lived in Bradford and Akbar's and Mumtaz are pretty amazing , but comparing Kashmiri food with Sourthern Indian is a bit like comparing French and Italian food ( geographically)
  • txlissa62
    txlissa62 Posts: 128
    Options
    Currently in Sweden, and can't say I favor anything in particular from here, though the quality of milk is better than anywhere I have tasted (and I loooove milk!!) , but originally from Melbourne Australia and the cafe culture there is some of the best in the world so my favourite would be good coffee and a good quality brunch fry up with eggs, bacon, hashbrowns and grilled tomatoes and mushrooms, maybe a little spinach, and sourdough toast.
    I haven't been to Sweden, but the best milk I've ever had in my life was in Norway. Must be something about those Scandinavian cows. :)