NSV - I just did my first triathlon! (with pictures)

Options
ipsamet
ipsamet Posts: 436 Member
I have never, ever, ever EVER seen myself as any sort of athlete - I was the kid who had every excuse in the world to get out of gym class.

beach-2.jpg

Yeah.

So when my friend suggested after seeing my weight loss success that I do a triathlon with her, it kind of took me aback. Me? No way. But, after some time to think I figured with 5 months to train I could at least drag myself across the finish line, right?

Well today I RAN through that finish line:

Littleton-20120715-00169small.jpg

Totally breaking all previous expectations I had of myself. If I can do this, I can do absolutely anything I put my mind to. And i am finally starting to see myself as an athlete.

photo1small.jpg

Replies

• kao708
    kao708 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Outstanding! Great Job! :happy:
  • Laurej
    Laurej Posts: 227
    Options
    congrats! :) aren't they fabulous!!! :)
  • LemonBurns
    LemonBurns Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    YOU are AWEsome! HUGE Congrats to YOU and your gigantic! Success! Inspirtational... truly!
  • brittany17love
    brittany17love Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Wow you look great!!
  • lachesissss
    lachesissss Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    You inspire me - I want to do a triathlon so badly! Way to go!
  • surimurphy
    surimurphy Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Good for you! This really motivates me. I am on week 7 of C25K and plan to run a 5k at the end of September. This is a HUGE step for me, but I would love to complete a triathalon in the future!! With 50 lbs down and 50 to go, I'll get there!
  • smoore1988
    smoore1988 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!!
  • chuckyp
    chuckyp Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Fantastic accomplishment! Great job!
  • ipsamet
    ipsamet Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Good for you! This really motivates me. I am on week 7 of C25K and plan to run a 5k at the end of September. This is a HUGE step for me, but I would love to complete a triathalon in the future!! With 50 lbs down and 50 to go, I'll get there!

Do it! I started C25k when I was training for this thing because I had NEVER run before, and I'm still only on week 8! I still have a long way to go on the weight loss thing, but hey, every step counts right? Good luck on your race, you'll rock it I'm sure!
  • ladytinkerbell99
    ladytinkerbell99 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look so amazing! Thank you for sharing. :flowerforyou:
  • jcmartin0313
    jcmartin0313 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I did my first one last month. Congratulations TRIATHLETE!!!
  • rooster70460
    rooster70460 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Your doing things that only some people dream of. Kudo's to you!!!
  • lorettaasmith
    lorettaasmith Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Awesome! What an inspiration!
  • kellibean13
    kellibean13 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    It's an amazing accomplishment and you deserve to feel every ounce of pride and to own sense of athleticism!!! You aren't just an athlete...you're a TRIathlete!!! Welcome to the club ;)
  • MrsFolk
    MrsFolk Posts: 205
    Options
    Way to go!!
  • FlamingJune67
    FlamingJune67 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I am truly impressed! Losing weight is one thing... but getting Triathlon fit... incredible!
  • Cgirlish
    Cgirlish Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Great job, Congrats on your finish
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    As someone who considers herself no kind of athlete at all, this is very inspiring for me. And you look great, as well as really happy! Congrats! :drinker:
  • blaze1zanebrobst
    Options
    that is just so great!
  • Leanz
    Leanz Posts: 2,025 Member
    Options
    Oh wow!! Congratulations!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!