What's something you've given up since MFP?

Options
I'm about to enjoy my last coca cola/soda till I reach my goal weight.
What is something that was hard for you to give up completely, not talking about moderation?

Also looking for some friends add me, I keep my food dairy open for viewing. Just starting to get on the healthy eating wagon though! xD

Replies

• Drenched_N_Motivation
    Drenched_N_Motivation Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    my social life
  • tlucas69
    tlucas69 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I gave up pop/soda completely. I started my journey 5 weeks ago and thats the last time I had a sip of pop. Nothing but water for the last 5 weeks!!! I never thought that would be possible for me. But I'm doing it and everyday it's getting easier to live without my beloved pop. Good luck to you!
  • SaltyPlusSweet
    Options
    Ah ha. I hope I don't have to do that. D: I like drinking with my friends..... at least I've switched to light beers... xD
  • SaltyPlusSweet
    Options
    I gave up pop/soda completely. I started my journey 5 weeks ago and thats the last time I had a sip of pop. Nothing but water for the last 5 weeks!!! I never thought that would be possible for me. But I'm doing it and everyday it's getting easier to live without my beloved pop. Good luck to you!

Thanks I like soda a lot but I LOVE water so I think the transition to just water, unsweetened teas, and occasionally coffee will be just fine, Congrats on your 5 weeks w/o soda! :D
  • Twiztedbeing
    Twiztedbeing Posts: 389
    Options
    Every unhealthy food and drink for the last 1 and a half months, plan to continue the healthy lifestyle for a very long time.
  • iqbalkaurthin
    iqbalkaurthin Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    cocktails! i still enjoy wine and JD with diet coke but it has been hard to give up my cosmpopolitans and long island ice teas :)
  • SmartWhatever
    SmartWhatever Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    I gave up eating a lot of carbs and all junk foods. And I also gave up my boyfriend as of last night!!
  • SaltyPlusSweet
    Options
    Twiztedbeing - nice, I don't think I have the will power just yet to cut out every unhealthy food. Slowly but surely my list will grow. So far no sweets, chips or sodas. Keep up the good work you look really good and healthy!

iqbalkaurthin - oh don't get me started mmm missing those long islands. Now its down to beer that tastes like water -__- for me hahaa.
  • lilorphann
    lilorphann Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I haven't had sodas, fast foods, fried foods, and red meats in 502 days of logging into mfp.
  • SaltyPlusSweet
    Options
    I gave up eating a lot of carbs and all junk foods. And I also gave up my boyfriend as of last night!!

Aw, I hope it wasn't too hard of a break up?! On the bright side you could lose the "boyfriend weight". When my bf of 3 years broke up with me, I lost 20lbs pretty fast. Probably from the depression though. Ha D:
  • Chameleone
    Chameleone Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Juice.

I realized it wasn't worth the calories, it doesn't fully quench my thirst or hunger so I been sticking to water. And after 2 weeks of sticking to water I found juice way too sweet...so no more juice for me
  • LittleNicci
    LittleNicci Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I hardly ever drink alcohol anymore, absolutely NO soda, dont crave candy/sweets anymore (occasional piece of chocolate but not the way I used to eat)
  • earthtoemilyy
    Options
    ugh yeah me and my bf of four years broke up 2 months ago. that's when i started here. hopefully i can get him back though.

as far as everything else goes, chocolate has been my hardest :(
  • WestCoastPhoenix
    WestCoastPhoenix Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    202792.jpg?2
  • MeliJean78
    MeliJean78 Posts: 249
    Options
    Gluttony.

Greed, wrath, pride, envy, sloth and lust are calorie-free. I'm on my way to perfection!
  • SmartWhatever
    SmartWhatever Posts: 718 Member
    Options

Aw, I hope it wasn't too hard of a break up?! On the bright side you could lose the "boyfriend weight". When my bf of 3 years broke up with me, I lost 20lbs pretty fast. Probably from the depression though. Ha D:

I'm surpisingly ok with it. It was my decision and its been coming for a while.
    Thanks!
  • SaltyPlusSweet
    Options
    lilorphann - wow good job too you! I couldn't imagine going without fast food for that many days. I'm cutting down to twice a month the after I do that for a couple months, I'll just eat fast food once a month. This is coming from someone who would eat fast food at twice a week! :o

Chameleone - I love juice but yea its not worth the calories, and its hard picking one that's actually good for you. I tried juicing, myself but it was just too much effort haha. Rather just eat the fruit.

LittleNicci - Can't imagine not drinking alcohol, let alone cutting back more than I have already!
  • iwillsoonbeslim
    Options
    Nothing!
  • loneworg
    loneworg Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Hard liquer, not because I believe its bad (I'm one of those everythhing in moderation types) but because I when I get drunk I eat like a crazy person lol
  • MSimm62385
    MSimm62385 Posts: 227
    Options
    Since joining this site I don't even set foot in the snack/chips/candy aisles at the grocery store. There's no room for Chex Mix, Combos, Cheez-Its, or Skittles in my new lifestyle.

I'm also fighting to give up Pepsi. Sometimes I can go forever without soda, other times I just give in. But I always log it and make sure I still stay under my limit.