What's something you've given up since MFP?

Options

Replies

• happythermia
    happythermia Posts: 374
    Options
    Randomly eating something lol! Not in the sense that I pre-plan everything but now I pretty much measure & weigh EVERYTHING. So when I eat a pb&j, I measure out EVERY BIT OF EVERYTHING lol! I'm on automatic at this point lol.
  • CajunNino
    CajunNino Posts: 269
    Options
    Given up completely:
    1. Cokes
    2. Fried foods

Enjoy in moderation:
    1. Beer
    2. Pizza
    3. Cheesecake
  • b_fit4life
    b_fit4life Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Nothing!

^^^^THIS!! For me, if I start restricting and saying things are totally off limits that I love, I'm setting myself up for failure. The difference now versus before MFP....I pay attention to not just what I'm eating but how much and how that effects my daily goals.
  • Michellemtjpjt
    Options
    over eating yeaaaa :)
  • SONIA820
    SONIA820 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately for me, MILK was my pop....Haven't had a glass of milk (or four or five) in a long time....milkaholic....true story! LOL!
  • leia_ophelia
    leia_ophelia Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    nothing in terms of food. i just eat in moderation, but i still eat everything.
    i gave up all my large big clothes that hides the fat, so i can wear fit clothes during exercise. when i see the fat then i am more motivated to exercise to burn them off
  • VeganZombie13
    Options
    I've given up nothing! I love working out and eating healthy..
  • hottfarmchick724
    Options
    pickles :(

pickles are good! no carbs, sugars, fat, HIGH potassium! they are actually one of the things i eat if im still hungry after a meal!
  • bodiva88
    bodiva88 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Not a damn thing :)

I love seeing this with your progress.

I haven't given up anything either. And don't intend to. I'll eat things less often and less of them, but if I really want something I'll plan an extra long swim or extra time walking or on the cycle and I'll fit a little in. The best part of this version of eating better/exercising more is that it feels like something I can do forever. I know it will get harder as I get further along, but I'm developing the tools now to be able to do it then.
  • KissMyAx
    KissMyAx Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    my social life

Ahaha! THIS!
  • MrFreshman
    Options
    Sugary snacks, most carbs, any drinks other than water, most of my social life, and free time in place of cooking. It was pretty hard at first, but it's not too bad nowadays. :)
  • ktrn0312
    ktrn0312 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    I gave up Pepsi soda the 20oz variety. I was an addict - drank 2 bottles daily. No longer miss it. I drink water ( spring or sparkling).
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    I still eat everything I used to, just in moderation. I don't drink regular pops anymore (although I never did much anyway). When I go to restaurants, I'm always bringing something home. I stop eating when I'm full, but I haven't given up anything for good. In fact the other day I had an oreo...and not 5 or 6, but just one. I really stay away from fried foods and fast food, but it's not always possible. There isn't one thing I've given up, just scaled back quite a bit.
  • MommaKit79
    MommaKit79 Posts: 852
    Options
    202792.jpg?2

I NEED to give this up! Just so hard since my girls LOVE it!! :)
  • jesusHchris
    jesusHchris Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Also, I haven't sworn them off completely but I don't keep a steady stock of sour gummy worms at home any more. Poor little worms.
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    Laziness.
  • MichelleB1427
    Options
    Well let's see... Before MFP I quit smoking. And I havent wanted it back since, thank god! I dont know why I ever smoked in the first place! When I think of being healthy that is definitely NOT on the list. I also have stopped drinking my fav soda ever, Mt. Dew. It is horrible for you and your insides. I've been drinking mostly water since I have been a part of MFP and I tell you I havent felt heathier! I will have a soda here and there but not every single day like I used to. I am feeling FANTASTIC!! I cant wait for the day where I can post my "After" photos!! =) This site is SO inspiring!! Love it.
  • thinnnnnnner
    Options
    Bingeing.

I can't give up any type of food, it only makes me obsess about it which will always lead to a binge.
    Moderation is key.

I love this post. Inspiring!
  • Impy84
    Impy84 Posts: 430
    Options
    STARBUCKS
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    peanut butter