Favorite Greek Yogurt

Options
saiabone
saiabone Posts: 29 Member
I love Greek Yogurt I do love choboni and when I lived by a Wegmans I loved their honey Greek yogurt. What is your thoughts on Greek yogurt? Is it worth eating it?

Replies

• angel_eyez718
    angel_eyez718 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I think Chobani is my favorite! Fage is also good. i'm not too much of a fan of Oikinos though.. to avoid some of the sugar from the mixed fruit kinds. i've been buying the organic plain Greek yogurt and mixing in some fresh fruit or a couple of drizzles of honey.. :-)
  • lyttlewon
    lyttlewon Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    I don't like to eat yogurt plain but I love to cook with it. I prefer to cook with Greek Yogurt especially in marinades.
  • quixoteQ
    quixoteQ Posts: 484
    Options
    Speaking as someone who enjoys plain greek yogurt--either by itself or as an ingredient--I have to say that Fage Plain is by far the best. Chobani tastes like plastic.

EDIT - not that there is anything wrong with plastic. Hope I didn't offend any plastic fans.
  • Monny287
    Monny287 Posts: 109
    Options
    I just discovered Greek yogurt last week and I LOVE it. I thought I would hate it, because I'm not a fan of regular yogurt, but I love the stuff. The only flavor I've tried so far is vanilla, and I get the generic of whatever grocery store I go to. Yum!
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    any vanilla greek yogurt with honey..... with the exception of B&J Greek FroYo Peanut Butter Banana
  • EchoKnight09
    EchoKnight09 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I love it! Plus it has around 4x more protein than regular yogurt.. I really don't have a favorite brand I like certain flavors from them all. I would say, yes it is worth it to eat it. :happy:
  • WildFlower7
    WildFlower7 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    any vanilla greek yogurt with honey..... with the exception of B&J Greek FroYo Peanut Butter Banana

I second Yoovie! Or Vanilla with my own fruit mixed in!
  • gsager
    gsager Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    I love Dannon, vanilla......the texture is wonderful.
  • shivles
    shivles Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Total 0% is my fave, but I always have honey and/or fruit with my Greek yoghurt :)
  • darkchocolate68
    Options
    Fage
  • SuperSexyDork
    SuperSexyDork Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    Dannon Oikos 0% plain (1/2 cup) with frozen mixed berries, 1 TBS pecan coffee creamer and 1/2 TBS honey!

That is the most awesome snack ever for less than 150 calories...
  • SuperSexyDork
    SuperSexyDork Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    Fage

The chocolate that you have in your picture is DELICIOUS! I just wish I knew where to find it since I moved!
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    Fage Total (whole fat). I don't buy fat-free or reduced fat dairy products.

I also get plain since I prefer to put my own fruit. The fruit-filled ones have too much sugar and not enough protein. One of my rules - protein has to be at least 2:1 over sugar.
  • holly1283
    holly1283 Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Chobani peach and oikos black cherry. YUM:love:
  • Cordy1228
    Cordy1228 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Plain Fage is my top choice. I add stuff to it.

I also like Stoneyfield/Dannon Oikos.
  • julia_shealy
    Options
    Greek God
  • AJ_Pete
    AJ_Pete Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    Three words: pineapple greek yogurt.

Done.
  • KCMinn
    KCMinn Posts: 20
    Options
    Love Chobani the most... My favorite flavor is Plastic. Lol, just kidding.

I like the plain. I add my own yummy stuff!
  • PrincessPoetess
    Options
    i was a chobani pineapple girl until i tried fage. I LOVE fage! i love that i can use as much or as little of the topping as i want. :-)
  • AJ_Pete
    AJ_Pete Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    Three words: pineapple greek yogurt.

Done.

The 'done' is imaginary. That would make it four, technically.