"Attractiveness" Threads

Options

Replies

• nothing1994
    nothing1994 Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    I agree about the positive side .
    & i hate to admit but i am glad i was told no today and a rate of 4! Why? Because they were honest..

Now ill just go back to my tub of choco ice cream....

It's the duck lips!!

Yes today is attack of the duck lips! Check forums!
  • kerrymh
    kerrymh Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    OP you look great.

I think these threads are great..so many of us have a hard time receiving compliments now in real life after we've changed out lifestyles..maybe these threads are a light hearted way to deal with it. Also if you don't like them don't join!

But we've all worked hard and you all look great!
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    I'm not a fan of attractiveness threads, probably because I'm still fat and view myself as unattractive most of the time and am scared of what people will say about me. Brings back bad memories of high school. :(
  • nothing1994
    Options
    I'm not a fan of attractiveness threads, probably because I'm still fat and view myself as unattractive most of the time and am scared of what people will say about me. Brings back bad memories of high school. :(

EXCUSE ME LADY? take back what u said !!!! Im going to be honest when i tell you this : you ARE pretttyyyy!!!!! Get that negativity outta ur head! U see my pink duck lips? Sh*it cant be worse than those!!!
  • GodsGirl37
    GodsGirl37 Posts: 348
    Options
    I agree with the last poster about the attractiveness threads. usually in those when people see my photo I am considered unattractive to them. that does a lot of damage to other's self esteem. its great when people compliment and say nice things. there are some like me who people have said many times I'm unattractive.
  • jeff10278
    jeff10278 Posts: 8
    Options
    I agree with some of the statements that when you have struggled with weight and self esteem issues, it is a uplifting experience to be told you look good. It reinforces the work you have put and to continue towards your goals.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
  • RitaSantoss
    RitaSantoss Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Yes, you're cute.
  • nothing1994
    Options
    I agree with the last poster about the attractiveness threads. usually in those when people see my photo I am considered unattractive to them. that does a lot of damage to other's self esteem. its great when people compliment and say nice things. there are some like me who people have said many times I'm unattractive.

It hurts but you need to keep in mind not everyone sees u the same darling.
    Ive recieved many no's and rates lower than 5. Screw them! Carry your head up high and prove them wrong!
  • nothing1994
    Options
    Lol rita and captin this isent the actual rating / yes or no post
  • KeiKun
    KeiKun Posts: 51 Member
    Options

I felt like that, but then I read this and thought....screw that and uploaded a pic :D
    "Everything has its beauty but not everyone sees it." - Confucius
    I see you though, and you're prettyyy!! :)
  • tempest501
    tempest501 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I agree I think these sort of thread are great in a community like this. I have only been using the forum for the last few days and I wish I had started when I signed up because, honestly, you guys are great!!!. And why shouldn't we compliment each other on all our hard work=D
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    Eeh... I always assume everyone is lying. What's the point of a fake compliment?
  • KeiKun
    Options
    Eeh... I always assume everyone is lying. What's the point of a fake compliment?

Don't assume that! :tongue:
    A lot of people here are genuine.
    Personally I can always find something attractive about somebody's appearance.
    If I can't [this has never happened before] then I wouldn't comment.:smile:
  • Erisad
    Options

EXCUSE ME LADY? take back what u said !!!! Im going to be honest when i tell you this : you ARE pretttyyyy!!!!! Get that negativity outta ur head! U see my pink duck lips? Sh*it cant be worse than those!!!

Awww thank you. It just seems that my self esteem goes on a roller coaster. Sometimes it's really high and then it crashes to a real low place and stays there a while. >.<

I've been told I'm unattractive a LOT from people my age. Even grandma said once a couple years back before I started this journey, "I wish you'd lose weight so you could get a good boyfriend." . Some say it straight out and others veil it in a backhanded passive aggressive insult. "You SURE you want dessert?" "Some acne cleanser would really help."

I felt like that, but then I read this and thought....screw that and uploaded a pic :D
    "Everything has its beauty but not everyone sees it." - Confucius
    I see you though, and you're prettyyy!! :)

Thank you. My bf doesn't understand my self esteem issues or why I'm dieting at all. He loves every bump and curve on me but I don't like them. >.<

Also Confucius say, "He who stands on toilet is high on pot." :P
  • Erisad
    Options

I sometimes think this too. >.<
  • KeiKun
    Options
    Thank you. My bf doesn't understand my self esteem issues or why I'm dieting at all. He loves every bump and curve on me but I don't like them. >.<

Also Confucius say, "He who stands on toilet is high on pot." :P

You have to have had those negative high school experiences to understand how it feels.
    Like I can't even watch tv without comparing myself to every single woman on there. Her face, her figure, her personality.
    Some stuff never goes away :indifferent:
    Awwh, your bf sounds like a total sweetie, :bigsmile:
    Tehe @ pot :laugh:

EDIt: Just clicked on your profile!
    Girl, your eyes!!! They're stunning! :flowerforyou:
  • alarae
    alarae Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    @mbelt- you are beautiful. by reading your replies to posts you are beautiful on the inside too. keep up all your hard work.
  • nothing1994
    Options
    @mbelt - atleast u have a bf! -virgin right here- >:c
  • _CowgirlUp_
    _CowgirlUp_ Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    I compare myself to every woman I see. It's a sickness but not something I'm not overcoming thanks to MFP and MANY of the original posters threads in question. Like everyone else on this one...if you don't like it, don't read or comment. It's always nice to get a compliment and who knows if it's genuine or not...it still feels genuine and makes me feel good about myself and gives me more confidence to stand taller and taller with every comment so...keep 'em comin! LOL :laugh:

Cheers! :drinker: