Is your significant other 'on board'???

Options

Replies

• kafergie
    kafergie Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Can't really say whether my husband is on board, but he doesn't try to sabotage me or 'dis' what I am trying to do. I do the shopping so I try not to have the cheat foods in the house to begin with then we all eat healthier. I even try to replace his snacks with healthier ones so he can benefit as well.
  • NJGmywholewrld
    NJGmywholewrld Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    My husband has just sorta learned to live with it. He does like the difference he is seeing physically, but my physical appearance never really mattered too much. As for him joining me on this journey, ummm, not gonna happen. But, that is not going to stop me!
  • jjean905
    jjean905 Posts: 175
    Options
    he is totally supportive and eats the healthy meals I cook but he always adds tons of cheese to the items when I use the fat-free cheese. He's blessed with a high metabolism and has never had to watch what he eats. I do find it hard though when he sits next to me with a bag of Doritos or Oreos and just munches away
  • emtb319
    emtb319 Posts: 87
    Options
    My husband doesn't know how to support me properly...usually it comes out in public that he wants me to slim down. Cooking wise, I cook for him and then I cook for the rest of us, he's not used to eating things from up here and it's taking a while to get him used to new foods.
  • MsNewBooty83
    MsNewBooty83 Posts: 1,003 Member
    Options
    Mine doesn't eat exactly what I eat. He's only home for 2 dinners a week, works out of town. If he were here full time, I would fail miserably in my diet. He makes it easier for me to say yes to everything, because he always does. He is happy for me and talks about changing for himself, but its hard when ur on the road.
  • tara_seay
    tara_seay Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    me and my fiancee are doing weight watchers together. he was skeptical before because he was a football player in HS, and when he did even try to lose anything - it was radical, greens and baked chicken.

but as I am describing the weight watchers curriculum to him, he's like "oh i can eat this, but just count it in my points.."

we're getting married in 16 months, so it's kind of a common goal...
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    My soon to be wife and I are are both on board with it all. I'm doing 30DS for the second time because I want to be there with her the entire step of the way no matter how difficult or how much I dislike it. She does the same thing for me day in and day out. We keep each other motivated and pushing forward.

Adorable!
  • apedeb09
    apedeb09 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    My hubby is fine with me trying to lose weight.. He is not trying to lose weight himself but he eats all the healthy meals that I cook and we both generally eat healthier together now. We have cut down on meat and have drastically reduced our red meat intake. We also don't buy junk food anymore.
  • kreuzen
    kreuzen Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    My significant other is all for helping me in any way he can, but he is a stick in comparison to me. He usually eats twice what I do. Just a naturally quick metabolism I think (lucky). He also loves his meat. the closest thing I can do to meatless with him is the weight watcher turkey chili, chicken Caesar salads, or Asian chicken salads. :ohwell:
    Not that I'm complaining. I'm very thankful that he's on my side to help anyway he can. He even takes all his junk food out of the house to his friend's houses for game nights. ...or hides it if he does have some in the house. :heart: him. :love:
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    We are both on board. At first it was just me and he's been on and off. He doesn't log with MFP but he does eat what I eat at home. Which is all home cooked, low calorie, whole food vegan meals. He also runs, hikes, bikes and exercises with me.
  • weefreemen
    weefreemen Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    My husband is wonderfully supportive, he's also a great cook so will cook whatever I need to have or alter recipes accordingly. He has his own dietary restrictions as he has Crohn's Disease and a kidney transplant, so we don't interfere with his meals very much especially as he has always been underweight! He's awesome with the complimentary comments as well!
  • 916lude
    916lude Posts: 305
    Options
    We both are losing weight together. My wife has never worked out a day in her life and we are almost done with the Insanity 60 day program. She also used to eat tons of cookies a day and she's now down to two !! hahaah. I think she's on board ;)
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    Eh. I guess he "supports" me... but I don't really need support. I just do what I want. lol. He is not doing it with me... he doesn't really eat very healthy at all. Mostly just processed junk food. The only thing healthy he eats is fruit. He eats fruit like nobody's business. But he doesn't eat vegetables. I haven't been eating healthy lately either though because I'm broke as a joke.

Other than that... now that I've been working out he wants to. He's been doing push ups and pull ups and stuff but doesn't lift weights because he doesn't go to a gym. We live about 30 minutes apart from each other and there are no nice gyms where he lives lol. He lives in a really bad area right now. But I do like that he's interested in working out now... he is going to be moving in the near future and he's been checking out gyms.
  • bailuna
    bailuna Posts: 56
    Options
    Absolutely! My husband and I joined this site together, work out together, plan meals together. It makes it much easier to have someone else there to keep pushing you when you feel like eating an entire bag of Doritos... lol.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    Not on board at all. I think he was afraid of me dwindling away to nothing. Then I hit goal and he realized I'm not losing any more weight and seemed happy and but is suddenly concerned about himself. He often makes comments to me and others how I can out eat him. We still go to fancy restaurants (a love of his) so all is well. But he was totally not on board and voiced his concern and fried goods often lol.
  • shaynak112
    shaynak112 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    My wife are both on board, but I won't give up meat either. We need to squeeze it in for a healthy diet IMHO. That and men like meat.

Not true. My boyfriend is vegetarian as well. And it was his idea more than mine at first.
    Generalizations ...
    Men don't NEED meat either ... just FYI.

Anyway, my boyfriend thinks it's great that I'm logging all my foods and keeping on top of it :)
  • marie_cressman
    marie_cressman Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    NOPE! my husband is lazy. LOL Ok, he's not REALLY lazy. He eats whatever I cook, but since he does PT in the morning (he's in the Army) he doesn't workout with me or care to talk about health and/or fitness in any way shape or form.
  • paulvt65
    paulvt65 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    My wife and I joined at the same time. It makes a big difference to have the support of your partner!
  • dorkusmalorkus
    Options
    a stick in the mud would accurately describe my hubby. he doesnt want to hop on the bandwagon with me yet plans for this mysterious zombie apocalypse. hed be completely ****ed if it came along in his lifetime. foodwise, hes always willing to try what new recipes i stumble upon but he still sticks with his pizza and fast food
  • Kara_xxx
    Kara_xxx Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    My OH is totally on board and he loves our new ways of cooking.

He is naturally into healthy foods, and cooking from scratch and non-processed ingredients, so he's loving it. He's also not a fussy eater so he loves when I experiment with new foods.

With hindsight I think he probably suffered a bit after he moved in with me at a time when I wasn't a clean eater, but he never complained at the time.