Sweating too much! Help!

Options
2»

Replies

• knittingbandmom
    knittingbandmom Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I don't workout to look good during the workouts.

Thank you for reminding me of this. I take an aerobics class and swear sometimes I am the only one dripping on the floor!
  • echandle12
    echandle12 Posts: 82
    Options
    I lose 4 pounds a workout in sweat (sure its a bunch more when outside in summer) Sweat is good, you are hydrated, your body is cooling itself, you should be happy that your body is working correctly, sweat your *kitten* off. Just don't sweat on the person next to you on the stairmaster like I did. OOOPS!
  • taahine01
    taahine01 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    yes, nothing you can do really except carry around a towel and don't care about what you think others are thinking!! :wink:
  • Lyerin
    Lyerin Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I sweat like crazy (like soaked through my shirt, hair totally dripping wet sweating). I totally don't care at all. I wear deodorant and shower after working out. No one is going to care that I'm sweaty and stinky right after I exercise. LOL
  • DawnVanSlim
    DawnVanSlim Posts: 10,471
    Options
    When I first started working out I never sweat, my face just turned beat red. Now I don't turn that red anymore, but I sweat like a beast. It's unbelieveable how I changed. Now I call a good workout my "wet towel workouts"
  • subcult
    subcult Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I think its more likely that now you're in better shape you're so smoking hot your setting off the gyms sprinkler directly above you.
  • BSchoberg
    BSchoberg Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    sweat is the new black. i'm sweating just reading this post about you sweating. i'm sweaty mcsweatington.

^^^ THIS

My headband only keeps my bangs from transporting the sweat directly into my eyes --- and (swear to God) after a heavy spin class, I can actually ring it out. I've stopped wearing shorts that show too much sweat, cuz that's just yukky - let's face facts. But I am seriously considering taking my shirt (a day I wear a gray one) and snapping a picture of it, front & back, just so I can show people. LMAO (or should I say LMSAO?)

My face still turns red, though - and always will. People have finally stopped asking if I'm ok... apparently, I look like I may just DFO right there in the middle of the gym.
  • yourenotmine
    yourenotmine Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    I'm a mess when I workout, and I'm fairly sweaty whenever it's hot. But you know, that's to be kept hush hush because we Southern women don't perspire, we glow. ;)

On a side note, we have a delivery man at work who is just dripping all the time, no matter the temp or how big or small the load he's carrying. He said he was doing something for it the last time he was in, and I could tell because he still had sweat droplets on his face, but his shirt wasn't wet. Poor guy - I really feel for him (and his fiancee).
  • yourenotmine
    yourenotmine Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    I think its more likely that now you're in better shape you're so smoking hot your setting off the gyms sprinkler directly above you.

subcult, I like you. :)
  • ashlafer
    ashlafer Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure there's really anything you can do about it to get rid of it naturally. Maybe talk to your doctor about getting some prescription. But I feel like you should just let your body do its thing and trust it to be doing its job :)

OR. Go to one session of hot yoga. Where you will sweat so much that you won't have a single dry piece of clothing to wipe anything off on. After that experience, everything else will seem like nothing ;D
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I sweat like a freaking pig when I workout... no matter what I do.

When I run, I'm literally dripping buckets.. and when I lift weights it's even worse.

My suggestion is to find some really good moisture wicking clothing.. it will make all the difference!
  • txbutterfly69
    txbutterfly69 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I was talking to my mom about a similar problem- it seems like all of a sudden, I'm peeing all the time!! She said that initially, when you start to work out your muscles retain water, but that after a while, it releases that water. It could just be that you're at the point where your muscles are releasing that water and you're excreting it in the form of sweat. It could also be that you're just really really hot when you work out. Are you doing your workouts outside, or in an air conditioned space?

I take a zumba class outdoors, but it's hot and humid and always have to use the bathroom at least twice during the class. That and I feel like I sweat all over my body!

The other day I went to the doctor right after zumba class and sat on the the table with paper over it. I got up and there was a big wet mark all over it. I tore if off and threw it away, how embarrassing!

I suppose I am very hot when I work out (do get hot fast, face gets super red), and must have tons of water in my body.
  • txbutterfly69
    Options
    sweat is the new black. i'm sweating just reading this post about you sweating. i'm sweaty mcsweatington.

^^^ THIS

My headband only keeps my bangs from transporting the sweat directly into my eyes --- and (swear to God) after a heavy spin class, I can actually ring it out. I've stopped wearing shorts that show too much sweat, cuz that's just yukky - let's face facts. But I am seriously considering taking my shirt (a day I wear a gray one) and snapping a picture of it, front & back, just so I can show people. LMAO (or should I say LMSAO?)

My face still turns red, though - and always will. People have finally stopped asking if I'm ok... apparently, I look like I may just DFO right there in the middle of the gym.

OMG! You sound like me. I now wear black all the time as everything else shows the wet marks. It's as if I fell in a river while working out. My hair looks like I just took a shower and my face is super red. I'm so glad I'm not the only one!!
  • txbutterfly69
    Options
    When I first started working out I never sweat, my face just turned beat red. Now I don't turn that red anymore, but I sweat like a beast. It's unbelieveable how I changed. Now I call a good workout my "wet towel workouts"

You are so fit! I'm 20 pounds overweight and I thought maybe it was because I had more too loose. I swear nobody else sweats as much as I do during zumba. There are heavier women in there too and they are as cool as a cucumber. :=(