Breakfast Ideas

Options

Replies

• lilah808
    lilah808 Posts: 60
    Options
    I usually have egge whites - either scrambled (with some low-fat cheese) or I make an egg-white omelet. I pair that with some light multigrain toast and it's pretty satisfying.

May I ask why you eat your eggs without the yolks?:ohwell:
  • lilah808
    lilah808 Posts: 60
    Options
    Scrambled egg whites with some reduced fat cheese. I also like Better Oats raw/natural oatmeal with some fruit thrown in. The envelope is also the measuring cup so it can even be eaten at my desk.

Why would anyone have eggs without the yolks? The egg nutrition discussion is riddled with disinformation.

Egg yolks are the richest source of two superstar carotenoids—lutein and zeaxanthin. Not only are they bright yellow and cheerful looking, but yolks are loaded with fat-soluble antioxidant nutrients.

Besides providing all eight essential proteinbuilding amino acids, a large, whole, fresh egg offers about six to seven grams of protein and five grams of fat (with about 1.5 grams of it saturated), which comes in handy to help in the absorption of all the egg’s fat-soluble vitamins.

One egg contains the valuable vitamins A, K, E, D, B-complex and minerals iron, phosphorus, potassium and calcium.

Choline, another egg-nutrient, is a fatty substance found in every living cell and is a major component of our brain. Additionally, choline helps break up cholesterol deposits by preventing fat and cholesterol from sticking to the arteries.

:flowerforyou:
  • hunter624
    hunter624 Posts: 252
    Options
    Here's a quick breakfast that's really good!!!

Crack a couple eggs into a coffee mug. Mix well. Take a wedge of Laughing Cow light cheese and cut it up into small pieces and mix it in with the eggs.

Put in microwave for maybe 60 seconds. Take out and stir. If the eggs are still liquidy, put back in the microwave but not too long because you don't want them to overcook.

While they're cooking, rip up a few pieces of baby spinach. Add them to the cooked eggs the minute they come out of the microwave. Let spinach wilt.

Put the scrambled egg mixture on a whole wheat english muffin and you're good to go!!!

bump for later, sounds goodish!
  • anaussie
    anaussie Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Scrambled egg whites with some reduced fat cheese. I also like Better Oats raw/natural oatmeal with some fruit thrown in. The envelope is also the measuring cup so it can even be eaten at my desk.

Why would anyone have eggs without the yolks? The egg nutrition discussion is riddled with disinformation.

Egg yolks are the richest source of two superstar carotenoids—lutein and zeaxanthin. Not only are they bright yellow and cheerful looking, but yolks are loaded with fat-soluble antioxidant nutrients.

Besides providing all eight essential proteinbuilding amino acids, a large, whole, fresh egg offers about six to seven grams of protein and five grams of fat (with about 1.5 grams of it saturated), which comes in handy to help in the absorption of all the egg’s fat-soluble vitamins.

One egg contains the valuable vitamins A, K, E, D, B-complex and minerals iron, phosphorus, potassium and calcium.

Choline, another egg-nutrient, is a fatty substance found in every living cell and is a major component of our brain. Additionally, choline helps break up cholesterol deposits by preventing fat and cholesterol from sticking to the arteries.

Thank you.

Why doctors recommend eating no more than two to three eggs per week if you're trying to lower LDL “bad” cholesterol?
  • kristianamonroe
    Options
    i usually have a shake made with 1 banana and 1 cup of almond milk because of the health benefits and its really filling 1 whole egg + 2 egg whites scrambled w/ 1 serving of any vegetable you have i usually go with spinach. =)
  • ClairBears84
    ClairBears84 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    i have frozen Quiche crustless in the freezer I make a batch and defrost one the night before, or like this morning 1 slice rye toast with orange marmalde on and 2 boiled eggs.

I love eggs and eat them 2- 4 times a week, the days i dont have eggs i try have peanut butter toast or cheese on toast something like that!

I liek hassle free breakfasts and I do not like oatmeal at all!!!
  • lorryschoenly
    lorryschoenly Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Current breakfast 1/4 cup fiber one, 1/4 cup almond milk, sliced banana
  • sherriryan
    sherriryan Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    This seems to hold me until lunch time!:smile:
    sliced banana
    sliced strawberries
    zero fat vanilla greek yogourt
  • arlswallow
    Options
    I enjoy 2 egg whites with a veggies (broccoli, tomatoes, ect) and 1/8 cup of shredded cheese. Put in microwave bowl all together for 1 min 30 sec. It is so yummy.
  • Tinychancer
    Options
    Dude I cant believe youre posting that as advice. Never skip breakfast
  • ClairBears84
    ClairBears84 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Dude I cant believe youre posting that as advice. Never skip breakfast

I am also a "dont skip breakfast person." I wouldnt make it to 08:00am without falling over! hahahahahahaha!
  • _Mimi_
    _Mimi_ Posts: 233
    Options
    Egg Cup
    Cut the top inch off a green bell pepper; remove ribs and seeds. Stuff with a small handful of baby spinach or arugula, 1 ounce reduced-sodium deli roast turkey or ham, and 2 tablespoons shredded reduced-fat cheese. Top with an egg and a pinch of black pepper. Pierce the yolk and replace the pepper top. Microwave for 4 to 5 minutes. Let sit, covered, for 3 minutes.
  • schoeppner
    schoeppner Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I love to eat a Boca buger on a flat bun with tomato, lettuce and mustard... less than 200 cal and tons of protein. Keeps me going for 4 to 5 hours. (you can also put on egg on top)
  • adietron
    adietron Posts: 155
    Options

Thank you.

Why doctors recommend eating no more than two to three eggs per week if you're trying to lower LDL “bad” cholesterol?

The yolk contains the vast majority of the cholesterol in a whole egg. The white contains the vast majority of the protein. If you feel the need for fats at breakfast, sub the yolk for a 1/4 of an avocado (cholesterol is an animal-derrived fat, plants don't contain any cholesterol). Studies also suggest a couple of other diet modifications for lowering LDL: consuming LOW FAT dairy products (dairy calcium improves fat excretion), and moving toward a plant-based diet.
  • lil_pixie
    lil_pixie Posts: 48
    Options
    i usually have granola with low fat yogurt and fruit (usually dried apricots or banana). I even have it on the go when I';m in a rush. I put it in a Tupperware box with a plastic spoon and then eat it on the train to work.

At weekends I have poached egg on toast , or omelet with mushrooms, both of which are really filling.

I also keep a few yogurts at work with some trail mix and dried fruit in case I'm tempted to skip breakfast at home. It stops me going to the cafe for a bacon butty and is really tasty.

I also love hard boiled eggs which you can do the night before then put in a tortilla wrap with some ham and some salsa - really yummy and easy to eat on the go, or wrap up for later.
  • _Pepper
    _Pepper Posts: 8
    Options
    Soak the oats overnight in yog. Its delicious!!! x
  • stoneysteve
    stoneysteve Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    OK, this is the breakfast I live by!
    Put 150ml of semi skimmed milk in a liquidizer add palm full of almonds a "frozen banana", 3 ice cubes, 1 scoop of chocolate whey protein a few blueberries and 50g of steel cut oats and blitz..... It's so tasty and full of goodness and will set you up for the day ahead,
    530 calories

47-Carbs
    25-Fat
    35-Protein

Enjoy!!
  • Amandajp79
    Amandajp79 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    everything thin bagel, sliced whole boiled egg, sliced boiled egg white, lettuce, three slices of turkey, and a little olive oil mayo.
    248 Calories, 29 Carbs, 10 Fat, 15 Protein, 5 Fiber, 392 Sodium

Very yummy and filling.
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    Here's a quick breakfast that's really good!!!

Crack a couple eggs into a coffee mug. Mix well. Take a wedge of Laughing Cow light cheese and cut it up into small pieces and mix it in with the eggs.

Put in microwave for maybe 60 seconds. Take out and stir. If the eggs are still liquidy, put back in the microwave but not too long because you don't want them to overcook.

While they're cooking, rip up a few pieces of baby spinach. Add them to the cooked eggs the minute they come out of the microwave. Let spinach wilt.

Put the scrambled egg mixture on a whole wheat english muffin and you're good to go!!!

That sounds amazing! I'd try it right now if I had eggs lol
  • meglynne1987
    meglynne1987 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    2 slices of Whole Wheat toast
    Egg whites on Whole weat english muffin
    Fruit Salad
    Special K
    low fat yogurt with Kashi go lean crunch on top

I would not skip breakfast ever, I would be too inclined to overeat later in the day, but to each his own! :)