alot of weight to loose :/

Options

Replies

• Kimmer2011
    Kimmer2011 Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    You should join the group for those who need to lose more than 100. I'm in it too!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/669619-need-to-lose-100-lbs-or-more-lets-start-a-group

I've just started my journey, but I'll tell you some things I've learned:
    1) Break up your weight loss into smaller, nutrition/exercise oriented goals. For example, my first week of my journey, I added eating a nutritious breakfast. The next week, I added a snack and cut back on my dinner. The next week, I added lunch and started eating my meals on smaller plates. And so on and so forth. As far as exercise, I started out taking small walks every day for a week, then the next week increased my speed, the next my distance, etc. I'm now walking 3 miles every night. I started out walking 1/3 of a mile.
    2) DRINK WATER. Don't try to meet your daily goal right away, instead adding a glass a day, every day for a week. The next week, add another, and another the next week, etc.
    3) Don't deprive yourself. Allow yourself one small treat at least every other day. For example, I have a cookie every other day, or I may have butter on my baked potato.
    4) Don't think of this as a diet. You are not on a diet. You are on a journey to change your lifestyle, and this is a permanent change.
    5) Don't be afraid to ask for help. Add people as friends on here, view their food diaries, look at their before and after pictures.

I can't say it any better than this! I've been working on my health since February of 2011, and and slowly getting to where I want to be. It takes time, but time passes anyway, so we might as well be doing what we need to be healthier and happier!
  • littlewitch1973
    Options
    I have a little under 100 left to lose... its been a lifetime battle, but change is the only way to make it happen!! I have learned that in order to get something different than what I have, I need to do something different. So, I walk, run, work out, try new things... eat cleaner (not 100%, but working towards it). I also focus on small goals - it makes things easier. Sometimes, its a clothing size, others its a BMI number. Not always a number on the scale, but when I meet thosse goals, I celebrate. I bought myself 2 pairs of good running sneakers when I hit my 100lb weight loss - they were expensive, and I decided I was going to run - I wouldnt waste money on something I wasnt going to use, so now, I run (jog, really) and it makes me feel good.

Keep going - you CAN do it...
  • THEErikaR
    THEErikaR Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I started with the goal of losing 100 and I'm at the halfway point now!!

After looking at different sizes of ppl in the 250 range, which is where I'll be once I lose the 100, I realized I may have a bigger goal for myself. I'm thinking another 100 from where I am now would feel great!!
  • sailorgrad
    sailorgrad Posts: 26
    Options
    Yep, I do! My initial weight loss goal is to lose 130 pounds, but I still will need to lose a lot more weight from there to get to my Ideal Body Weight (which is not my goal). However, right now I'm focusing on lifestyle/thinking changes and losing "slow but steady." If you want to friend me, please do. Support along this journey is the key to success!.
  • want2B140
    want2B140 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Ive lost 55 total since my highest weight, I still have 70 lbs left to go... feel free to add me :)
  • batgirl8809
    batgirl8809 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I started with 117 to lose. Only 83.8 to go! :) You can definitely do this.
  • karenpdavey
    karenpdavey Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I dont need to loose that much, just another 7lbs, but have lost 2stones (28lbs overall) put on 14lbs when I stopped smoking. Was going to the gym 5 days a week and working out for 2 hours a day, but found I was just building up muscle and not loosing the weight, so now I still go to the gym but only 3 days a week and I am using Power Plates (Vibration plates). Started laast week and so far I have lost 4lbs! Yipee!!!
  • YoshiZelda
    YoshiZelda Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Yep. Lost 25, but still have a ways to go. Feel free to add me anyone in the same situation :]
  • steph1278
    steph1278 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Not anymore, but I have lost 102 pounds so far. I have 55 more to get to my personal goal. My advice would be to break it down into smaller goals instead of looking at the big picture. It takes a lot of work and dedication, but is so worth it. I feel so much better now. I am happier and healthier all around. Good luck!
  • star0207
    star0207 Posts: 21
    Options
    100 to lose... feel free to add me
  • Bere4ever
    Bere4ever Posts: 188
    Options
    Me.....I am trying to loose 100 lbs...feel free to add me:wink::wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
  • CindyAnnJohns
    Options
    How do you stay motivated? I go as long as one day of conviction, then lose it. I have 85 lbs to lose to reach a modest, healthy weight of 150. So many distractions and temptations out there! I am 58 and feel pretty hopeless.
  • after_the_rain
    Options
    I do, yeah :(

I've always been big, I was just over 300 in my teens. I had my first child when I was 18 and went up to 380 while pregnant with her. I got down to the 320's by the time she was 2, but then I got pregnant with my son. After I had him I lost my pregnancy weight and was around the 340's. But then for medical reasons I was put on a medication (Coumadin) that caused me to gain 34 pounds in 3 weeks, with no changes to my diet or exercise. I've been around 375ish for the last year since starting that medicine. And then earlier this year I had some more health issues and got blood clots in both of my legs. While I was in the hospital my legs ballooned up from swelling, and I gained over 30 pounds in just one week from all the swelling. So my starting weight is...414. UGH. I can't even believe it. I'm 5'9" so my goal weight is around 150-160. I just started trackinjg on MFP and regularly going to the gym last Sunday, it's been ten days and I've lost 17 pounds. (I also lost 17 pounds before that, not sure when exactly, but that's just from the swelling.) I'm at 380 now and just hoping I can continue to lose and lose and lose. It's daunting, it's something you have to stick with for a very long time. But the success stories on here really help to motivate me and everyone here is so nice and helpful and supportive! really hoping I can stick with it and finally get the weight off!!!

and yeah, anyone feel free to add me :)
  • mdove3411
    mdove3411 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Me! I want to loose 105. Feel free to add me!
  • Jazzberry91
    Jazzberry91 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    YES!!! Feel free to Add!! To reach my first goal weight I have 110lbs total to lose, ultimate goal weight is around 140lbs
  • TheLessOfMe
    TheLessOfMe Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    How do you stay motivated? I go as long as one day of conviction, then lose it. I have 85 lbs to lose to reach a modest, healthy weight of 150. So many distractions and temptations out there! I am 58 and feel pretty hopeless.

A trick my boyfriend's mother used was to print off a photo of herself in which she looked her biggest and stuck it on the fridge. It acts as a reminder everytime you go for a snack that you don't want to look like that photo anymore and may put you off food!

Also drink lots of water!! seriously if you feel the munchies coming on just have a drink!

something that's always helped me is to just only have healthy food in the house, or at least no snacky foods - if the temptation isn't there you can't be tempted!!

Hope this helps :)
  • THEErikaR
    THEErikaR Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I do, yeah :(

I've always been big, I was just over 300 in my teens. I had my first child when I was 18 and went up to 380 while pregnant with her. I got down to the 320's by the time she was 2, but then I got pregnant with my son. After I had him I lost my pregnancy weight and was around the 340's. But then for medical reasons I was put on a medication (Coumadin) that caused me to gain 34 pounds in 3 weeks, with no changes to my diet or exercise. I've been around 375ish for the last year since starting that medicine. And then earlier this year I had some more health issues and got blood clots in both of my legs. While I was in the hospital my legs ballooned up from swelling, and I gained over 30 pounds in just one week from all the swelling. So my starting weight is...414. UGH. I can't even believe it. I'm 5'9" so my goal weight is around 150-160. I just started trackinjg on MFP and regularly going to the gym last Sunday, it's been ten days and I've lost 17 pounds. (I also lost 17 pounds before that, not sure when exactly, but that's just from the swelling.) I'm at 380 now and just hoping I can continue to lose and lose and lose. It's daunting, it's something you have to stick with for a very long time. But the success stories on here really help to motivate me and everyone here is so nice and helpful and supportive! really hoping I can stick with it and finally get the weight off!!!

and yeah, anyone feel free to add me :)

I started at 347 and yes it's difficult, but YOU CAN DO IT!!!!! :wink:
  • mjpra
    mjpra Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I have over 100lbs to lose but after listening to many MFP member am now keeping shorter goals. I still toy around with my calorie goal, checking what works and what does not. But never below 1200 nor over my TDEE. I had lost 7lbs but have today gained a pound and have no idea what to do. Hope to get more MFP friends who can help me with support and motivation.
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    I don't have 100 pounds to lose anymore, but my total when I reach my goal (which will still be technically overweight, but I am going for feeling good more than a number) will be a loss of nearly 130 pounds. Try not to look at the big picture, because it can feel SO overwhelming to look at how far you need to go. Break things down into small, logical chunks, like, make your first goal 5 pounds. Reach for THAT one. You CAN do this!!! <3
  • erniewebbiii
    erniewebbiii Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    I'm at about 110 lost right now. I never looked at it in those terms, though. I went in 10s and adjusted my goals. Looking at it as having to lose 100 pounds is daunting.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!