I highly suggest Chalean Extreme!

Options
2»

Replies

• MissFuchsia
    MissFuchsia Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    I love CLX. I did it earlier this year. It helped me lose the last few lbs and reach my goal! I'm almost at the end of P90X. After I finish and going alternate each month between the two program's. Chalene is amazing. She really keeps you motivated

Which do you like better?

Not sure which I liked better. Probably why I can't decide which one to do again :). I like that there's more variety in P90X but the time commitment is hard! I love the Push phase of CLX. That's my favourite from the 2 programs
  • Journalartista
    Journalartista Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I am also a huge Chalene fan! Just started Turbo Fire last week. :). Going to get CLX next :)
  • kls13la
    kls13la Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    How heavy are the weights you all use for Chalean Extreme?
  • ofccat
    ofccat Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    It really varies per person. When I started it was pretty light 3-5lbs for some exercises. When I finished up I was lifting 40 on some exercises.
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    Thinking about doing this alternate days with couch 2 5 k. What do people think?
  • Melzy71
    Melzy71 Posts: 150
    Options
    How heavy are the weights you all use for Chalean Extreme?

I just started the push phase and I am using 5's, 8's, and 10's. I am pretty weak but this is an improvement over the first 4 weeks.
  • ofccat
    Options
    Thinking about doing this alternate days with couch 2 5 k. What do people think?

I was training for a 10K and usually ran on the burn interval and burn it off days. Sometimes I did both :-)
  • jdavis193
    jdavis193 Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    I love CLX. I did it earlier this year. It helped me lose the last few lbs and reach my goal! I'm almost at the end of P90X. After I finish and going alternate each month between the two program's. Chalene is amazing. She really keeps you motivated

Which do you like better?

Not sure which I liked better. Probably why I can't decide which one to do again :). I like that there's more variety in P90X but the time commitment is hard! I love the Push phase of CLX. That's my favourite from the 2 programs
    [/quote

I wasn't sure about doing p90x bc of time. I barely get by with half hour bc my husband wants the tv even though we have one in our bedroom our dvr is where I workout adn my daughter is 3 and she doesn't go to bed early anymore :(
  • JustMichelleB
    Options
    I have been doing Chalean Extreme (in various ways) since December 2011. Love it. I have been using CLX and Turbo Fire together for 5 months now and love the variety.

I did P90X twice last year and like CLX much more - shorter workouts, same (or even better) results. I never mastered "on your toes" pushups until I started CLX, now I do all my pushups on my toes! I like the variety of a CLX/TF hybrid. Hard to get bored!!
  • JenGranzow
    JenGranzow Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Ditto to MichelleB (except the P90X part!). I've had great results with CLX and more with the CLX/TF hybrid. Love it, great stuff. I could never really master the tricep pushup when I was doing Jillian videos, but CLX has helped me to make tri pushups my bit*h.
  • jdavis193
    Options
    So I am on the second week of chalean. I am not really feeling it in my lugs much IDK why. I am doing everything right I watch myself in the mirror. When I am done I don't have the usual feeling of being sore like I normally do with the previous videos I had. I may start doing those once a week just for that.
  • ofccat
    Options
    Are you not lifting enough the? If using bands use the highest resistance
  • Kristinemomof3
    Kristinemomof3 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I loved it too, until I started into my third month and had a dissected artery in my heart, thus resulting in a heart attack that may or may have been due to heavy lifting. I have always been a strong person, so it wasn't like I was doing stuff I'd never done before. It has been life changing, that's for sure. Not trying to scare anyone, just warning you that if you even end up with severe chest pains from it, don't ignore them, seek medical attention.
  • jdavis193
    Options

Yes I am I was squatting with 20 on each side. I am going to raise to 30. I have strong thighs.
  • ofccat
    Options

Yes I am I was squatting with 20 on each side. I am going to raise to 30. I have strong thighs.

Try going slower with the reps (pause the dvd) that way it feels heavier and you should feel it a little more to.
  • jdavis193
    Options

Try going slower with the reps (pause the dvd) that way it feels heavier and you should feel it a little more to.

Ya I go as slow as they do I will try heavier Monday burn 3 :) are you seeing results?