Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Looking for runners, or wannabe runners, or novice runners

Replies

• eileengerace
    eileengerace Posts: 2 Member
    Hi, I've started back with my running and working on increasing my mileage per week. I've lost 50 pounds in the past year, about 18 since I started My fitnesspal and looking to lose about 20 more pounds.

I do strength training and run each week. I finished my first 5k in a long time last weekend. Please add me to your list looking for motivation and ideas from other runners.
  • WendyFitMomCHANGED
    WendyFitMomCHANGED Posts: 311 Member
    Started running again in Jun and have my 1st 5K tomorrow. It's the 1st one i've done in about 2 years. Would love to have more friends that can share running tips and successes.
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    You can add me! I started running about 7 weeks ago and have a 5K coming up on the 28th. Looking for more fun races to keep me going. Possibly looking to train for a 15K in November!
  • phresh21
    phresh21 Posts: 132 Member
    I'm a so-so runner.... I started about 4 months ago and stopped because I really needed good running shoes and have since started again with a vengence now that I have good shoes. Love to have other runner friends. :) I'm working on being able to run 2 miles (almost there) then onto more
  • OnTheReg
    OnTheReg Posts: 20 Member
    I'm starting to run as well C25K week 3 day 3 is next on my to run list. Feel free to add.
  • anna0478
    anna0478 Posts: 505 Member
    I'm starting the Galloway program in August for a half in February. That will be my third half. Hope to reach a full by 2014.

Sep 2012 5k
    Feb 2013 13.1
    Feb 2014 26.2
  • DonniesGirl69
    DonniesGirl69 Posts: 644 Member
    Hi there.....I've been running for about a year. Completed a marathon and a half marathon.

Right now I'm running around 15 miles a week...still coming back from a sprain I suffered in the aforementioned half marathon LOL.

Training now for a Super Spartan race in October.....will be my first mud run/obstacle course.

Sent you a friend request

:happy:
  • Anthyitis
    Anthyitis Posts: 43 Member
    I tried to start a C25K program twice and felt the first workout to be ridiculously difficult, so I went back to walking. A month later and I'm slowly adding in a little bit of jogging. I guess you could call me an aspiring runner?
  • tnrunningnurse
    tnrunningnurse Posts: 549 Member
    I am a seasoned runner. Quit smoking 16 yrs ago, gained weight, bought a treadmill, started walking, then jogging, ran a 5K and I was hooked. I have 2 full marathons under my belt, and multiple 1/2's, and tons of 5ks,10ks etc. I only run 4 days a week due to working 12 hours shifts the other 3 days. I am always looking for more running friends.
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    I am a novice runner - I am only 26 weeks old in my running age!

I started running back in January.
    I have taken three 10week courses and can run 5km.

I am not sure I am ready to jump into a 10km training program and I am considering re-joining the 5km group for another go around to build a stronger foundation.
  • Carofab16
    Carofab16 Posts: 16 Member
    I am doing my first half marathon in 11 weeks!! EEEK.... Better start training properly from now :)

You can add to your friends... :)

Caroline
  • "Wannabe runners." Haha, I think thats what I am. I've been runing for about 3 months and just completed my second 5k. It was tough but I beat my previous time. I'd love to have more running friends who can be encouraging and that I can learn from. I'd love to be able to do the Music City half marathon next year. Feel free to add me!
  • miguelrunner
    miguelrunner Posts: 156 Member
    Thanks EVERYONE! If I didn't add you, could YOU please add ME?? I would LOVE to have running buddies here to keep me motivated as well as motivate others.

MiguelRunner.com
  • freya33
    freya33 Posts: 149 Member
    Just been out for a jog 12k I do do aquite a bit of walking and hoping to reduce that down as I lose weight and get fitter. !0 mile charity race in October so 14 weeks to go. I CAN DO IT
  • tashaa1992
    tashaa1992 Posts: 658 Member
    I used to run alot and have recently only just started running again. At the moment I can't run for very long, I guess it's where I haven't been active in so long but I love it so much and I know over time my speed and time will increase yay! Feel free to add me:)
  • bpmartyr
    bpmartyr Posts: 141
    Sent you a request. Longest run is 12 miles and that's about as far as I ever really want to go. Prefer the physique of a sprinter over marathon runner. Was running an average of 35 miles a week off road on dirt trails before injuring my ankle. Signed up to do a Tough Mudder event in September so hoping to be healed before then to resume training. Currently do resistance work a few times a week and walk 3-5 miles daily. :)
  • Dani_wants_to_be_fit
    Dani_wants_to_be_fit Posts: 550 Member
    A beginner runner here. Only been at it for a week but really want to improve since I enjoy it =) Feel free to add me.
  • jaimrlx
    jaimrlx Posts: 426 Member
    Definitely a noob runner here! Actually on a week or so break from a foot injury (plantar fasciitis, we think) while running a mile! Feel free to add! My first 5k is on October 6th, and I'm 1/3 of the way there! :smile:
  • small_ninja
    small_ninja Posts: 365 Member
    Hey Miguel! :smile:
    I'm just a moderate endurance runner who uses the treadmill on an incline 3 times a week or so - no races or marathons for me :tongue:
    I'm averaging about 6-8km per run with a goal of 10km sometime in the next few weeks.
    Feel free to add me :flowerforyou: