1200 calories food ideas!

Options
I'm on 1200 calories a day, and it's my third day and I'm feeling hungry and irritible. Any meal/ snack idea that are not over processed but help keep you fuller longer?

Replies

• easycure
    easycure Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    tuna salad in lettuce wraps!!

can o tuna (in water)
    sweet relish
    green peppers
    red onions
    fatfree mayo
    salt
    pepper
    and romain lettuce leafs!

its really low in calories and keeps me full for a while!
  • AriG88
    AriG88 Posts: 14
    Options
    I like steamed veggies: asparagus, zucchini, onion and garlic with some steak seasoning and a smidge of olive oil keeps me full for hours. Also, lentil soup is low on calories and keeps me full, too. You can also add a bunch of stuff to it to make it your own style, so long as you are mindful of the calories.
  • MelsFitLife
    MelsFitLife Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Frigo light cheese stix
    Dannon diabetic friendly yougurt
    raw carrots
    100 calorie popcorn mini bag
    fruit
    steamed veggies

Just a few of the things I eat...
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    14" pizza?
  • SF2514
    SF2514 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    lean hamburger topped with an egg and bacon =) That's my dinner tonight =) I usually put a little ketchup on it as well.
  • fitnfancy80
    fitnfancy80 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I take a fiber supplement with my Vitamins and it is helping me feel fuller. Also try apples.
  • ValRAAAAY
    ValRAAAAY Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    14" pizza?

BAHAHAHAHA!!!!

I'm not sure that's exactly what they had in mind, but it made me LOL!!!!!

:laugh:
  • jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Egg whites, carrots dipped in hummus or tzatziki, soup, tuna with chopped up celery, tilapia and salmon I find veryyyy filling with a veggie on the side.
  • _TastySnoBalls_
    _TastySnoBalls_ Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    feeling hungry and irritable? probably not eating enough...are you sure 1200 calories isn't too low?
  • shaynak112
    shaynak112 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    - popcorn (without any toppings)
    - beans
    - rice
    - oats
    - steamed veggies
    - low calorie yogurt
  • Catherinekiss
    Catherinekiss Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Celery and Peanut butter! (or nutella if you prefer)
  • divinebird
    divinebird Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    you're welcome to check out my diary--I am on 1250 calories and I very rarely have a hard time staying within the lines...and I am always full. :)

FYI, when I make salads, I make them HUGE. Lots of flavor, lots of fiber, and I am always stuffed afterward.
  • guardian419
    guardian419 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    one meal from cheesecake factory. Don't starve yourself :)
  • Ekoria
    Ekoria Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I eat things that are all pretty bad for me so I can only really give you an idea on low cal (bad for you) snacks! But if you fancy a treat I eat:

2 finger Kitkats (106kcal)
    Aero bars (99kcal)
    Space Raiders (62kcal)
    Fridge Raiders (115kcal)

If I fancy bread I eat Warburtons "thins" (100kcal per thin)

If I feel "good" I eat a lot of pickle onions/mini gherkins (they are next to nothing in kcals)

Good luck on your weight loss journey :)
  • mpena1980
    mpena1980 Posts: 23
    Options
    saving for future reference
  • cfregon
    cfregon Posts: 147
    Options
    I just got my sweet tooth satiated with breakfast for under 300 calories:
    Breakfast Calories Iron Fat Protein Carbs Fiber

Baker's Select - Cinnamon Sugar, 2 tsp 30 0 0 0 8 0
    Walmart Great Value - 100% Liquid Egg Whites , 8 TBSP 67 0 0 13 3 0
    Great Value (Walmart) - Sugar Free Syrup, 1/4 Cup 35 0 0 0 11 1
    Whole Wheat - 45 Calories & Delightful (100% Whole Wheat Bread W/ Honey), 3 slices
    135 12 2 9 21 8
    Add Food Quick Tools 267 12 2 22 43 9

It's good to have a sweet breakfast every once in a while, and something like this doesn't break the calorie "bank".
  • littlewitch1973
    Options
    Tuna wraps are the bomb!! (In lettuce, that is!)
    Yogurt
    Salads
    Carrots with low fat dressing
    Chicken (plain or wrapped in lettuce - one of my faves is chicken with Franks red hot, wrapped in lettuce and a little blue cheese)
    popcorn (no salt or butter though - they do make low cal cheese that you can add for some flavor)
    Hard boiled egg
    protein bar or shakes
    Any veggie really - raw if possible or steamed (raw takes longer to break down, and will make you feel fuller longer)

I have been doing 1200 calories for the longest time - I went up to 1400 a few months ago, but rarely hit it. I eat mostly low carb, and sometimes have days (like today) where I feel like a bottomless pit - lots of protein helps me on those days!! Shakes especially, for snacks, to help keep you fuller longer.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    I like Gardenburgers. The black bean ones are really yummy... I eat them with mustard and a little shredded cheese on Sara Lee 45 calorie bread. Probably about 250 calories altogether.

*Note: I believe 1200 to be too low for most people to get by on. I certainly couldn't. I'm on 1700 now and still doing great.
    http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/bmr/ <-- this should help. You can manually adjust your calorie count & macros. Aim for .8 to 1g of protein per your body weight. It will help keep you fuller, longer, and helps you maintain your muscles while in a calorie deficit.
  • myfitnessval
    myfitnessval Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    my under 300 cal meals usually look like this:

breakfast is a low carb tortilla, 2 eggs, with a small side of fruit.
    lunch is a tuna wrap in romaine or a low carb tortilla depending on cravings. i sub hummus for mayo and add pickles, spinach, olives, and artichoke tapenade.
    dinner is focused around a lean meat or fish (usually less than 150 cals) and a side of veggies that I love. and depending on how many cals the veggies are you can usually squeeze in a 1/4th cup of brown rice or quinoa

i try to find 2 150 cal or lower snacks throughout the day when i'm being strict. most days if my meals come close to 350 i'm happy.

23mAiZR.jpg23mAm7.png
  • MtnKat
    MtnKat Posts: 714
    Options
    feeling hungry and irritable? probably not eating enough...are you sure 1200 calories isn't too low?

I agree with this.

I lost weight on a 1200 cal diet (MFP).

I lost weight on a 1947 cal diet (TDEE).

Hmm, which would you chose?