Peanut butter and jelly lovers PBJxoxoxoxo

Options

Replies

• ValRAAAAY
    ValRAAAAY Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Have you ever had a PB&J GRILLED (like a grilled cheese) ....mmmmm??? Grill it in a pan after you butter the bread (or use spray butter) sprinkle the bread with JUST a little sugar....grill it...the PB gets all gooey and melty, the jelly oozes out the sides, and it....sigh. SO YUMMY!!!
  • raiseyourgame
    Options
    Stay away from reduced fat PB...more sugar and crap is added to it and its really not any healthier. Try a natural peanut butter (you know, one that just has "peanuts") and add honey or a fruit butter that usually has less sugar, naturally.

I love the natural peanut butters but I absolutely hate mixing it haha. I have this skippy one that says it's all natural but you don't have to mix it- I have that one, I decided it's not as healthy but it's better than the ones that have icing sugar in them :S
  • DonniesGirl69
    DonniesGirl69 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    I'm very seriously addicted to peanut butter.
    I eat natural peanut butter on whole wheat bread and I don't get sugar free preserves, but I get "no sugar added".....basically all I'm looking for is no artificial sweeteners and no HFCS.

I don't eat the jelly part every day, but often I'll scarf down a tablespoon of peanut butter just before a run.....GREAT energy boost and it's a "good fat" :D
  • luvmyflpflops
    Options
    thanks for the recipe...sounds yummy! definitely gotta try it:smile:
  • sun33082
    sun33082 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Get the spreadable fruit. The kind where only fruit and fruit syrup are listed. That way all the sugar in it is coming from fruit instead of being added.

No reason to use reduced fat peanut butter if your daily allowance for fat allows it. The reduced fat kind has more sugar and probably other additives anyway.
  • ErinNichole76
    ErinNichole76 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I love pb&j!!
    according to my baby book I've been eating pb since I was about 3 months old.
    I'm a jif extra crunchy lover and welch's grape jelly. Doesn't really matter what type of bread its on, I'll even smear it on a tortilla and roll it up but that can get messy with the jelly.
    If I make the effort I enjoy wheat toast with pb & honey but the toast has to still be warm when I spread the pb so it melts a little.

not to gross anyone out but my mom used to eat pb & Mayo sandwiches. that's just nasty if you ask me.
  • Musikelektronik
    Musikelektronik Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    I love PB&Js too, but I haven't eaten them much since I started losing weight a few months ago. But I've always loved them.
  • krissagray
    krissagray Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    BigAlfrn!......PEA-NUT BUTTER JELLY TIME!!!!! I normally eat mine on Very Thin White bread so I can keep the cals as low as possible and not cut any of the PB&J from the equation.

haha, sounds like me! Plus, you can taste the peanut butter so much more on thinner bread. :)
  • Musikelektronik
    Musikelektronik Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Have you ever had a PB&J GRILLED (like a grilled cheese) ....mmmmm??? Grill it in a pan after you butter the bread (or use spray butter) sprinkle the bread with JUST a little sugar....grill it...the PB gets all gooey and melty, the jelly oozes out the sides, and it....sigh. SO YUMMY!!!

How many calories is that? Like 700? :laugh:
  • brushe
    brushe Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Love PB&J. Fresh White Bread (i know not the best but it's softer than most whole wheat), Jif Natural and Welch's grape. A tall glass of milk to go with it too!!
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Love it...period!!
  • DonniesGirl69
    DonniesGirl69 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    BigAlfrn!......PEA-NUT BUTTER JELLY TIME!!!!! I normally eat mine on Very Thin White bread so I can keep the cals as low as possible and not cut any of the PB&J from the equation.

haha, sounds like me! Plus, you can taste the peanut butter so much more on thinner bread. :)

You can taste the peanut butter even better on just a spoon....... :laugh:
  • krissagray
    Options
    I think it is a shame I have to count peanut butter as calories consumed. Obviously, it is like medicine. :)

I buy Barney Butter. Just in case you guys havent heard of it. It is the SMOOTHEST almond butter ever and comes in handy 90 calorie packets! I get it from Amazon, auto-delivery. :) I know myself so I keep jars out of the house!
  • tomusiakl
    tomusiakl Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I have a peanut butter and jelly sandwich just before bed most nights. LOve it. I use reduced fat PB but regular jelly.
  • krissagray
    Options

You can taste the peanut butter even better on just a spoon....... :laugh:

SO RIGHT!
  • TKHappy
    TKHappy Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Yes Yes YES!!! More PB than jelly but no two things make a better sandwich!! I put peanut butter on everything...apples, celery, pretzels, carrots!! I put it in my shakes, my yogurt, even make peanut sauce for my veggies :) I have resorted to using the powdered peanut butter just to decrease those calories! :)
  • carld256
    carld256 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Two slices of Aunt Millie's Whole Grain Bread, 1T Jiff, 1T Smucker's Sugar Free Jelly:

180 calories
    29g carbs
    9g fat
    8g protein
    10g fiber

Not sure how much sugar. I don't track that. It's a decent snack and not too bad all the way around, unless you're doing a very low-carb diet or something.
  • ValRAAAAY
    ValRAAAAY Posts: 270 Member
    Options

How many calories is that? Like 700? :laugh:

Haven't had one in a LOOOOONG while. Just daydreaming about it.... LOL
  • SF2514
    SF2514 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I wouldnt think it would be that much more to be honest lol. maybe 40-70 calories more
  • Halleeon
    Halleeon Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I'm diabetic, but I LOVE PB&J's so I completely understand craving them. I had to stop eating them (at least as often as I was) due to all the carbohydrates and sugars. Whew! It's A LOT, especially if you are like me and like a thick layer of PB. XD

If I would eat a PB&J and do it a healthier way, I'd probably cut the crust off of my bread (Since I don't like it THAT much so why waste the calories on it), toast the bread, to help with breaking down the carbs in my stomach, use freshly ground peanut butter (from Whole Foods or wherever you can get it) and use as close the serving size of jelly as I could. Then I would sit down somewhere comfy and slowly chew each bite, at least 20 times each bit, savoring that gooey yummyiness and making me feel fuller.

I really like the idea of replacing the jelly with fresh fruits, like berries, or bananas, you could add a little bit of honey, stevia, or some agave nectar to give it a little bit more sweetness, if you like that sort of thing.

MM mm MM! PB&J woo woo!