Is there anything you have Given up because you go too far?

Options

Replies

• caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    a social life.
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    No, I refuse.
    Just eat or drink in moderation.
    Once you start cutting things out totally, you have just merged onto the road to nowhere.
  • lizzybethclaire
    lizzybethclaire Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    I can't have cheese and crackers. I will eat it compulsively. same thing for pop-tarts.
  • DonniesGirl69
    DonniesGirl69 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    I give up nothing.......but, I won't keep guacamole in the house on any sort of regular basis. Once every other month or so, I'll make some or buy some (Dean's if I'm getting ready made) but it's with the understanding that I'm going to eat it all in one sitting. LOL

It's my occasional reward for eating clean 95% of the time.

I just can't stop, so no, I didn't give it up but I do what you might call "calculated cheats" with it. :)
  • mandypizzle
    mandypizzle Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Yes, I struggle really bad with sweets of all kinds! Especially ice cream. I CANNOT keep it in the house and expect to eat it in moderation. I still get it but it's an out of the house treat once in a while. If I buy a box, It will be gone in a couple days. It's so ridiculous.
  • gemmalouise85
    gemmalouise85 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Fruit and nut chocolate just because I ate it in slabs not bars - to be honest I dont feel like ive gien up alot i just look at it different as now i think 210 cals on chocolate that will not fill me up or cure my hunger or 210cals on something that will not make me hungry after, I just choose right choice ..... for now
  • loufranks
    loufranks Posts: 45
    Options
    I wouldn't say I've given up anything forever! Forever is a really long time.

How I have done this before is abstain for a few months - enough to get out of the habit - then reintroduce infrequently an din small quantities. I have zero self ocntrol normally but find that works. For me it's all about habit and compulsion.
  • HardyGirl4Ever
    HardyGirl4Ever Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    I was addicted to mini eggs. I would eat a colour from a huge bag a day. I had to give them up. Though, I was given some for Easter, and I was fine when they were gone. I was addicted to Fun Dip. I had to give that up. I haven't had any yet, though there's a package from the weekend I was on vacation that I haven't opened yet. Most recently I had to give up Nutella. I can't help but eat half a large container in a day.

14877786.png
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Potato chips. They are my danger food. I haven't had one in nearly 2 months. Not exactly forever, but I consider that a nice NSV. :)
  • bstoebner
    bstoebner Posts: 10
    Options
    Chips-Will eat until I'm sick and then keep eating!
    Ice Cream-I will eat 2 or 3 servings. Try to order small when I go out.
  • ladykate7
    ladykate7 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Salt water taffy, oh so good. Velveeta macNcheese, Ben&Jerry's- health mhmmm. Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal - the whole darn box!

But I don't cut them off completely. Just find sneaky ways to limit access to portions. Limit them to treat meals and not often treat meals. Knowing I can have them later and not feel guilty when I do makes it so much easier to deal with the uncontrolability power they wield. Planning them into the overall meal plan steals the power back. :)

I pretty much draw the NO line on cereal. Even when trying tricks to limit I'm not able to.
  • bcampbell54
    bcampbell54 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    I refuse to quit anything outright, but I find I must exercise much self control when Soy and Wasabi Almonds are within reach.
  • crystal_darling
    crystal_darling Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Coca-Cola. If I drink one, I will drink a 12 pack. I try to not touch them at all. I have been known to drink a 2 liter in less than 2 hours! This is why I know that foods are addictive

That was me 2 years ago!! I gave up soda, expecially Coca-Cola for a whole year. I wouldn't even let myself have a sip! After the initial year I drink it from time to time. At most a cup a week. But I started drinking about 2 Arizona Lemon Iced Teas or more a day so I recently cut that out as well. That was 20 times easier to quit than cola. I still get cravings for Iced Tea but I drink water instead and it goes away. With Cola, all I could think about was drinking it. I'm glad I'm in a place where now if I have a cup I don't feel the need to drink more.
  • stlhrs
    stlhrs Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    broccoli. had to give it up. it was obsessive.

I should also probably stop stirring my coffee with chocolate covered bacon
  • shivles
    shivles Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Cake of any kind! I've been offered a small eclair by my MIL but I want more! If they were mine all 4 would be gone by now.
  • missconceitedme
    Options
    I can't have anything Reeces.. Cups, fastbreak.. If I even see them I want them.. I even have to watch when I go to the store that I only take enough money for what I need, cuz if I see it I want it.. I haven't had any in a little over 2 weeks, so the addiction is simmering, but I still don't trust myself to have them around.. Also, chips.. I've been able to cut them to serving sizes only thus far, but I still try to keep them out of the house so I don't get tempted..
  • Scandinavia
    Scandinavia Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Lemonade I haven't made myself, and ginger ale. I don't really even want it anymore, to be honest.

Organic Peanut Butter...well, I have half a tablespoon everyday after my workout. ;)
  • annbanan85
    annbanan85 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter! Or chips of any kind.

I am also headed down a dangerous path with hummus and wheat thins :/
  • lisabinco
    lisabinco Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    Fritos! Full of my favorite cravings: fat and salt. The bag calls my name until they're all gone.
  • mrsnathanandrew
    mrsnathanandrew Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Molton hot wing potato chips. I seriously could eat a whole bag in one sitting. Luckily they don't make them anymore lol