• bbbsmama
    bbbsmama Posts: 96
    Options
    1200 calories here :)

Add me!
  • Serenajeans
    Serenajeans Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hey there! My calorie range is also 1200, and for me, (some one who is not used to regulating my portions) it is hard. I have found eating lots of healthy foods that do not have that many calories,gives me more food and makes it easy to stay under my calorie range. & Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • rachael52
    rachael52 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I haven't figured out what adding Friends means but by all means add me! I'm at the end of week two on 1200 calories and I do feel really good and have lost five pounds (or close to it). But I have to say I'm hungry a lot and think about food all the time. I don't want to do that. I need to find low-calorie foods or drinks that fill me up. I could use a little encouragement, I have a bad habit of falling off the wagon, so to speak.

Rachael

PS - I'm nervous about going out to dinner tonight with my husband. Whatever I get, I'm going to ask them to go very light on oil. And get a salad along with it!
  • lmc8774
    lmc8774 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Also, don't pay attention to these people that say 1200 isn't enough. Don't go too far under and eat your exercise calories, but these people don't seem to understand that 1200 is fine for short girls. My BMR is right around 1300, so losing weight would be hard if my goal was more than 1200.

I totally agree. Usually, the smaller/shorter you are, the less you can eat. I'm tired of people say that I'm starving myself and that I need to eat more to lose weight. It just isn't true for everyone. Believe me, if I could eat more I would! I love to eat! If I eat much over 1,200, I gain weight. It is a pretty narrow range between weight loss and weight gain for me.
  • vryanz
    vryanz Posts: 49
    Options
    Please add me! I am on 1200 cals a day.. I am 5'4", medium build, right now I am about 143 and would like to be 135-130.I do a modified version of P90x (only 20 min a day of lifting) and I don't log my exercise as I don't burn a ton of cals. I am just interesting in muscle building. Please also look at my diary and keep me honest!! :D
  • RejoicingL
    RejoicingL Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    ..... I keep reminding myself being a little hungry is the the feeling of losing weight. Good luck!!

I love this!!! I am going to "adopt" it! I am 1200 cal/day allowed. I have 75lbs on my current goal. (5'4"here)
  • brinaz88
    brinaz88 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    i eat 1200 calorie! i add you!
  • lauralind5
    lauralind5 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Im in the 1200-1300 range too, feel free to add me !
  • artbkward
    artbkward Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I'm in the 1200 range and in need of friends too. I find that if I don't work out, I sometimes have a hard time staying under that but I usually don't go over 1400. Ideally, I'd like to lose about 15 lbs, I don't think I'm built to be much less than that. Also, I'm 5'3".
  • Iwuvdzny
    Iwuvdzny Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Great advise!!!
  • bittykitty94
    Options
    I'm currently doing 1200 calories a day as well. My mom told me about eating mini meals so now I eat 5-6 200 calorie mini meals a day and it seems to be working pretty well.
  • SLN11
    SLN11 Posts: 210
    Options
    Feel free to add me anyone !

I am working around 1200-1300 daily sometimes over depending on types of exercise/workouts :D

xx
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    I'm confused. You use one number (1200) and range in the same sentence.....1200 isn't a range. A range is usually a value in between two numbers.
  • angelakj23
    angelakj23 Posts: 51
    Options
    I am 5'5" and my calories are at 1450 per day. Feel free to add me if you like. I wish you all the best!:happy:
  • deb_jones
    deb_jones Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I just joined recently and I'm eating at the 1200 range. I'm 55 years old, 5'7" and I want to lose about 40 - 50 pounds. Feel free to add me! :happy:
  • xX_Samantha_Xx
    xX_Samantha_Xx Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! I'm 5'3" and I'm doing 1200/day, too. It's tough, but I know it will work if I stick to it! I can't wait to not feel hungry, though.. that's the worst part. Aiming for 30 lbs. Good luck everyone!
  • ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    I'm sticking to 1200 as well, 5'6 and 140lbs looking to get fitter and if I lose 10lbs that'll be great!
  • MizSaz
    MizSaz Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Please start eating more than 1200 calories!!! It's WAY too little!!! Can we say starvation mode?!

Sure. STARVATION MODE.... does not exist the way this website says it does! It's basically there so MFP doesn't get sued. Do a little research on your own before you start spouting off myths as fact.

OP, I net about 1200 a day, feel free to add me or have a look through my diary. I promise you I'm not starving.
  • joanie1313
    joanie1313 Posts: 17
    Options
    Please feel free to add me. I just started today, well really tomorrow now that I have the tools. I need inspiration too. I know things work alot better when you have someone to talk to that can honestly relate to what you are doing.
  • robinhardysmall
    robinhardysmall Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I"m 5'2 and try to stay around 1200- however some days with exercise I do eat some of those calories back~ feel free to add me~ always willing to give support- :)