I challenge all of you

Options

Replies

• kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    :tongue: another day and no scale, your right aslavichit gets easier everyday. :smile:
  • mollymay
    Options
    Even though my scale drags is chained to my foot and drags behind me everywhere I go, I refused to give in!! No peeking today!!

He He...
  • mamatusa
    Options
    Okay....today was hard! I had it already set in my mind that when I got to the gym I was going to head to the ladies locker room and weigh myself. Would you know it, the locker room was closed for cleaning.

I think someone was looking out for me today. :smile:
  • sturge161
    sturge161 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Well I am joining the challenge today because this is the first day I noticed this post but actually I haven't weighed myself for about 2 weeks since I don't own a scale. I am going to have to weigh myself over Thanksgiving because that will be the first time I will be around a scale but I will be ok with that since by that point it will be over a month since I last weighed myself.
  • babblingbarbie
    Options
    okay since it has been about a month already for me for not stepping on the scales I went ahead and weighted yesterday because i realized my pants were looser! I'm so happy and psyched because i re-lost the 5 lbs I put on when i went back to work 2 month ago....i couldn't believe it! it was like a special gift because it usually takes me forever to lose teeny amounts but i have been faithful with eating smaller meals with more protein...and eating more than i use to...at first i was afraid to eat more food because i could go all day between breakfast and supper and never lose anything but i've had to relearn that i need more calories and with the muscle i built up from cycling all summer this has helped me with losing...it's been years since i've lost this...i'm so happy...i'm so happy ...i'm so happy!!!
    passing on my good energy to everyone to share!:flowerforyou:
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    Great work guys. Congratz on all of those who have shown loss!
    Working on day 10 today, the treadmill ad my office is broken
    so I didn't spend any time in my work locker room, it was nice
    not to stare at the work scale for a day. The weight gods haven't broken
    me yet!
  • cathyt56
    cathyt56 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hey, I haven't been posting for a while. I only made it 3 days without weighing.....
  • cherylkf
    Options
    I do not own a scale. I have a small bathroom and I kept stubbing my toe on the blasted thing (the scale not the bathroom) so I tossed it, rather angrily, into the trash. :-D
  • Petal
    Petal Posts: 27
    Options
    Hi Banks... Just to let you know that despite completely forgetting when I joined your challenge, I have still managed to stay away from the scale.. Instead, I`m focusing on your advice re: my last post and trying to change my eating habits.

Today I went for a swimming session at the gym and ate chicken and vegetables and even had a chocolate bar But still, I have about 800 calories left. I can`t possibly eat anymore because I`m just not hungry now.... You seem to be a bit of an expert around here Banks... any more ideas?

Petal:smile:
  • banks1850
    Options
    Hi Banks... Just to let you know that despite completely forgetting when I joined your challenge, I have still managed to stay away from the scale.. Instead, I`m focusing on your advice re: my last post and trying to change my eating habits.

Today I went for a swimming session at the gym and ate chicken and vegetables and even had a chocolate bar But still, I have about 800 calories left. I can`t possibly eat anymore because I`m just not hungry now.... You seem to be a bit of an expert around here Banks... any more ideas?

Petal:smile:

Dunno if I'd call myself an expert, just someone who has had a lot of time to gather the info I use :)

What kind of advice are you looking for? I have lots of semi-useless info stored in my head and somewhere in that jumble is usually some scrap of useful knowledge. :tongue:

P.S. I'm very proud of what you have done today, its ok to mix some treats in with your diet, just as long as your base foods are healthy and you stay close to your daily calorie totals. :smile:
  • SUGARPLUM098
    SUGARPLUM098 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I weighed in today so im starting over! I really needed to know how much i hve lost since i started. I'm going to "not weight" for the next 3 weeks. My next weigh in will be Wed, 28 nov. (changed from monday weigh in to wed)
  • banks1850
    Options
    I weighed in today so im starting over! I really needed to know how much i hve lost since i started. I'm going to "not weight" for the next 3 weeks. My next weigh in will be Wed, 28 nov. (changed from monday weigh in to wed)

Aww Sugar, hey, remember, this is for you, nobody else, weigh in when ever you feel like you need to.

Best of luck.

-Banks
  • SUGARPLUM098
    Options

Aww Sugar, hey, remember, this is for you, nobody else, weigh in when ever you feel like you need to.

Best of luck.

-Banks

Thanks Banks!!:drinker: It's a great idea to not weigh in for a while and then to surprise urself on how well you've done. thanx for starting this. great motivation for me!
  • banks1850
    Options
    Day 11, not sure If today will be the last day, I have a doctor's visit today (completely forgot until yesterday), they may weigh me, I don't know whether they do automatically or not. I'll ask them not to tell me my weight if possible. If they dont' tell me I'm counting it as another sucessful day.:ohwell:
  • Najah5150
    Options
    Day 11, not sure If today will be the last day, I have a doctor's visit today (completely forgot until yesterday), they may weigh me, I don't know whether they do automatically or not. I'll ask them not to tell me my weight if possible. If they dont' tell me I'm counting it as another sucessful day.:ohwell:

Hey Banks~ if they do weigh you...just get on the scale and turn your head while they are weighing you. And of course...do as you said and tell them not to tell you your weight. Hey...you gotta stick this out with the rest of us!! You started this...so YOU definitely have to finish it. I love the fact that you started this challenege...I've been hanging in there...and not weighing myself because of you:wink: ...OH and because my boyfriend hid my scale.:laugh:

Best of luck...on another day:happy:
    Naj:flowerforyou:
  • cardgrl
    cardgrl Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Banks, stand on the scale backwards...and besides...doctor's scales are usually wrong anyway.
    :smokin:
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    still not looking...

banks, how could anyone resist a corgi puppy?
    adorable.
  • banks1850
    Options
    Don't worry Naj. I would have started over again if they blurted it out. But I'll make sure
    they don't tell me anyway. I love the concept of this. and I am starting to not think about
    the scale either, I really do see a difference in my body, around my stomach. I found a
    great Ab workout book that I believe is helping me out.
  • aslavich
    aslavich Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Good job babblingbarbie!!! congratulations...

Still haven't weighed in and Najah, you know you could weigh yourself in the BR here at work and I'm so proud of US that we haven't!!!

My pants are feeling looser even though I go over in calories almost every day. ugh! Anywho, I better get back to work.

Have a good day!!!
    Angela :flowerforyou:
  • SUGARPLUM098
    Options
    Started over since i HAD to weigh in yesterday so it's day one for me again! Didn't weigh today:happy: