What time of day do you exercise? Why?

Options
Hey there! I used to be an evening jogger and now I enjoy a good morning routine. What time of day works best for you? And what tricks have you learned along your journey?

Replies

• taylor5877
    taylor5877 Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    I run every morning at 6:30 and lift MWF at about 6 pm.

It's the time slots my wife will agree to and I hate doing strength training in the morning.
  • MelStren
    MelStren Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    In the mornings. Because if I don't do it as soon as I get out of bed, I'll never get it done!
  • CyniSister
    CyniSister Posts: 74
    Options
    I run every morning at 6:30 and lift MWF at about 6 pm.

It's the time slots my wife will agree to and I hate doing strength training in the morning.

Oh yeah! When I used to strength train, we did it after dinner. Gosh! The morning would make your head explode! LOL
  • Vercell
    Vercell Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I workout in the morning before work and I workout before I go to bed to help with craving and it helps me sleep.
  • CyniSister
    CyniSister Posts: 74
    Options
    I workout in the morning before work and I workout before I go to bed to help with craving and it helps me sleep.

That's a great idea!
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I most often workout in the morning between 9-12 depending on my schedule but somedays at the gym their are certain classes I like to do so I have to workout 7-9pm but I prefer the morning workouts.
  • mhuch110
    mhuch110 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Right now I workout or run in the morning and go to Zumba 2 nights a week. However, I have the summers off (I love being a teacher!) so I'm not sure what I'm going to do once I go back to work. There's no way I'm getting up at 4:30 to exercise before work!
  • Eifersucht
    Eifersucht Posts: 34
    Options
    I prefer to get my cardio in first thing in the morning while my house is still quiet. =) I feel like I have more energy during the day and if I put it off until later in the day, I'm running more of a chance of something coming up and I'm afraid I won't be able to fit it in. Today, for example, I had a dentist appointment first thing this morning. I still have not managed to get my workout in and I feel yucky because of it.
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    morning, noon and night. I'm a fitness and dance instructor, so my schedule varies according to my clients' appointments.

Today I had a dance lesson at 1030, a spin class at 1130, and I have another dance class tonight at 800 pm.

When given the choice, however, I prefer mornings, and that's usually when I go cycling, paddleboarding or lift.
  • kellyreynolds14
    Options
    I work out on my lunch break, best thing ever! Almost nothing intervenes with my workout time unless I am on vacation and not at work :-) I am always too tired in the morning and too tired at night (I commute 45 minutes to and from work and I work 10 hour days 7-5pm so I leave at 6:15am and return at 5:45pm).
  • RealWomenLovePitbulls
    RealWomenLovePitbulls Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    i like to use my elliptical sometime in between when i get home from work (2:30 or 3:30pm) and when my husband gets home (4:30 or later) and then me n my dog go for a walk in the evening once it cools down outside (he's a lazy pup and won't walk if it's hot, even if i bring ice-water)
  • MrsSexton2013
    MrsSexton2013 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    4 pm. I can't bring myself to get my child up at the *kitten*-crack of dawn so I can go to the gym.. he would not be grateful. I work 7:30 to 4 and head straight there. I live about 10 miles outside of town, so I know if I go home, I won't leave again. Straight there gives me no chance for excuses.
  • laurasimmons
    laurasimmons Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Most of the time I workout right after work in the evening, but I have also been trying to get a little morning workout in too.
  • RaeannePemberton
    RaeannePemberton Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    5am, 6 days a week :-)
  • Dionysus35
    Dionysus35 Posts: 74
    Options
    0500 every morning primarily because of my kiddos. But I love starting my day with a good run or bike ride. And it's a little cooler
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    I walk for 2 miles (30 mins) every day during my lunch hour, and do my run/HIIT/weights in the evening.

I already get up at 5:30am for work, and there is no way I'm getting up any earlier to work out.
  • crazy_indeed
    crazy_indeed Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I run or goto the gym when I get home from work, usually between 6 and 7 pm. I function best on an empty stomach.
  • lt3ag4s
    lt3ag4s Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    I typically exercise right after work and before getting home.
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    I used to work out in the evening because i loathed waking up early... but my 2pm i felt zonked and really didn't want to. Now i wake up early and get my workout done early on. I have much more energy and it really sets the tone for the day.
  • Jani2416
    Jani2416 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    every single day, anywhere from 6am-9am. sometimes I'll go for a brisk walk/jog in the evening.