Kate Upton, FAT??

Options
Leiki
Leiki Posts: 526 Member
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/entertainment/2012/07/kate-upton-fires-back-against-body-critics/

I can't believe some people think Kate Upton is fat. What is your opinion? Should she lose weight? Gain muscle? Or stay curvy?

Replies

• trenley
    trenley Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Oh god I saw this too! She is absolutely fit and her body is spectacular. The reason men find her so attractive is because she has that small layer of fat- normal to ALL females- that makes her look soft and feminine. And let's face it- men are subconsciously attracted to women that look fertile. It's the science of it. We may think stick thin models look glamorous when they're all made up, but subconsciously, most people's first reaction is, "Oh, that girl must be ill." The brain likes what looks healthy!
  • Jbjessi
    Jbjessi Posts: 288
    Options
    i think i would kill to look like her.
  • kiwipez
    kiwipez Posts: 144
    Options
    Oh, I wish I was fat like her! :wink:
  • britlocs
    britlocs Posts: 124
    Options
    these people are lunatics.

she looks fantastic.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I saw that on Fox News and went on the internet trying to find the pics where she's fat and couldn't find any. :ohwell: I can't see where anyone would think she's fat. I think she looks fantastic.
  • backwoodsbama
    backwoodsbama Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Posted on my FB and G+ after I read the article:

OK, I normally do not care for media politics and try to stay as far away from it as I can but this right here infuriates me to no end. I was sent to this site by a friend of mine and it just made my jaw drop. This right here is exactly what's wrong the fashion world and the world view on women in general.

I must ask the question: How can anyone in their right mind claim this nice looking girl is fat or "a cow"? This girl has been blessed with a nice body and yet isn't afraid to live in a little excess every now and then. I see nothing wrong with her at all. Just because she has curves or whatever does not distract the fact that she's still very beautiful. She shouldn't have to be asking forgiveness because she doesn't confirm to your anorexic, bulimic standards. Yes, there are women out there that should take better care of themselves and get on a stair master or elliptical every once in awhile. However, attacking a girl who is just an average, beautiful woman because she has curves? Really?

How about all you twigs out there that can barely stand up because you do not have the body fat or muscles to do just keep your opinions to yourself, have a cheeseburger and STFU!
  • Julz2586
    Julz2586 Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Posted on my FB and G+ after I read the article:

OK, I normally do not care for media politics and try to stay as far away from it as I can but this right here infuriates me to no end. I was sent to this site by a friend of mine and it just made my jaw drop. This right here is exactly what's wrong the fashion world and the world view on women in general.

I must ask the question: How can anyone in their right mind claim this nice looking girl is fat or "a cow"? This girl has been blessed with a nice body and yet isn't afraid to live in a little excess every now and then. I see nothing wrong with her at all. Just because she has curves or whatever does not distract the fact that she's still very beautiful. She shouldn't have to be asking forgiveness because she doesn't confirm to your anorexic, bulimic standards. Yes, there are women out there that should take better care of themselves and get on a stair master or elliptical every once in awhile. However, attacking a girl who is just an average, beautiful woman because she has curves? Really?

How about all you twigs out there that can barely stand up because you do not have the body fat or muscles to do just keep your opinions to yourself, have a cheeseburger and STFU!

Well said!
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    If Kate Upton is fat, then I am the size of a blimp.

Kate Upton has a great bod. 'Nuff said.
  • missprincessgina
    missprincessgina Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    She looks amazing!!
  • collinj8
    collinj8 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    If she is fat, wonder what I am.
  • Laura_Suzie
    Laura_Suzie Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    I quote Jenna Marbles when I say: I don't know if I want to be her or be on top of her. :smooched:
  • kpnuts23
    kpnuts23 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    She is absolutely drop dead OMG gorgeous! I would do a lot for that body! :noway:
  • C00lCountry
    C00lCountry Posts: 282
    Options
    For models standards, I think she maybe considered fat.
    To me she could be a little more fit.
    I think the model starving mode takes it's toll on the body.
    I do think she looks nice though but there is room for improvement
  • amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    Seriously, the women on the thinspo site that posted it are mental. One was complaining how she only ate betwen 300-900 calories a day and exercised but only lost a lb. Like GO EAT SOME FOOD WOMAN!!!
  • leopard_barbie
    leopard_barbie Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    What a rude person who sparked the debate!

Yes you can probably find flaws with her body if you look hard enough, but she's a healthy weight, beautiful and confident and that's a million times more attractive than your average model.
  • bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    Pro-ana people are mentally ill. I am not sure why a website run by mentally ill people who celebrate being mentally ill, as opposed to looking for ways to get better, ought to be covered in the news, or even responded to.
  • stephc0711
    stephc0711 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Uhhh... Really? If that's fat...... :(
  • natashahunt2010
    Options
    I was just talking about this on facebook. I think she is perfect. And, I would trade my whole stamp collection to look like her. <3
  • natashahunt2010
    Options
    For models standards, I think she maybe considered fat.
    To me she could be a little more fit.
    I think the model starving mode takes it's toll on the body.
    I do think she looks nice though but there is room for improvement

Wut? O.o
  • eatrunstretch
    eatrunstretch Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    This is what is wrong with the world. Its so nice to see that Kate is healthy both physically and mentally! We need more role-models like her for our daughters!

Thats like the criticism of sportswoman Jessica Ennis, who has a 6-pack by the way! Attaching link for those interested:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2149781/Jessica-Ennis-fat-comments-Heptathletes-coach-Toni-Minichiello-hits-Olympics-official.html