help, dinner without carbs?

Options
I've been trying not to eat carbs like bread, rice, pasta etc and my mum made pasta for dinner tonight... I told her that I was going to make my own dinner but I have no idea what to make? I really want to lose weight so I want to make a healthy but filling dinner. I also just did an hour of running... What should I do? helppp

Replies

• ephemerata
    ephemerata Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    my suggestion, from a low carber, since you didn't plan ahead: 1. eat a moderate portion of the pasta your mom prepared. 2. thank her for the badass meal.

my suggestion to you if you're looking into low carb for a weight loss solution: 1. start planning ahead.
  • JackieMPearson
    Options
    Good advice. You can not do low carb without planning ahead.
  • Want2BHealthyy
    Options
    ...okay! but for in the future what can i make to eat?
  • Martucha123
    Martucha123 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    chicken breast or any other meat/fish
    if it can be low carb, not no carb, you can add broccoli or other veggies
  • Want2BHealthyy
    Options
    chicken breast or any other meat/fish
    if it can be low carb, not no carb, you can add broccoli or other veggies

thankyou :-)
  • Want2BHealthyy
    Options

oi you're really funny hey, nah kidding that was a good one.
  • Kara_xxx
    Kara_xxx Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    I've recently stopped pasta, rice and potatoes and not found it difficult or missed them either.

We usually have a meat... anything from chicken, fresh fish, beef, pork.... with any two vegetables such as carrots, mashed swede, broccoli, cabbage, green beans, grilled courgette etc.

But yes, planning helps. :laugh:
  • auntie_mush
    Options
    You could have a salad with the kinds of greens you like, add an egg and some light cheese (I get a lactose free cheese that is very low in carbs).

I usually try to have a low carb breakfast and lunch, as they are the two meals I can "control" and leave my dinner free as my better half usually likes going out.

You can add me as a friend by the way :)
  • ChrisRN75495
    Options
    my suggestion, from a low carber, since you didn't plan ahead: 1. eat a moderate portion of the pasta your mom prepared. 2. thank her for the badass meal.

my suggestion to you if you're looking into low carb for a weight loss solution: 1. start planning ahead.
    Kudos! Loved this response.....
  • RoswaB
    RoswaB Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    It depends on how much you like cooking?
    You can keep it simple with a meat/fish and 2 veg approach or you can try out recipes that replicate your favourite carby meals. I made a sort of lasagne last night, which i'll eat again for lunch today. Tonight we're having chicken stuffed with cream cheese and spicach in a parmesan crust served with some veg.
    It takes a while to get the hang of low carb cooking but I promise it gets easier.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    salad chicken breast
  • runfatmanrun
    runfatmanrun Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Since you want to do the no carb thing, just do a protein and veggies. Every once in a while we won't hav a carb for dinner either but usually it is supplemented by more veggies. Personally, I feel since you are running you will need the carbs but whatever works for you.
  • Bakkasan
    Bakkasan Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    And I will keep whoring my favorite, taco salad.
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    eat carbs. even low carbers don't exclude all carbs from their diet.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Lol asks for no carb dinners, person after person is recommending veggies. Strong reading comprehension
  • _Mimi_
    _Mimi_ Posts: 233
    Options
    I replace pasta with spaghetti squash and rice with cauliflower rice. I'm trying to avoid starchy carbs for dinner, but I allow myself vegetables, and sometimes even fruit for dessert.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    There's carbs in fruit and veg - it really is difficult to get away from them totally!

But fairly easy to find a low-carb alternative.

Cheese omelette.
  • bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    Lol asks for no carb dinners, person after person is recommending veggies. Strong reading comprehension
    Well, yeah, but fiber is a carb. We are assuming she means low-carb diet, not high-constipation diet. :laugh:
  • abbylanes
    abbylanes Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    If you're running, you probably need a few carbs, just not enriched white flour or other carbs that turn to fat. Try Quinoa. It's healthy carbs, with vitamins and fiber.