Options
    BUMP
  • CaseyCrafter
    Options
    Everyone add me - caseycrafter :)!
  • Caffeine_Addict
    Caffeine_Addict Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    i slathered pizza sauce, an ounce of mozarella and some pepperoni on an egg roll wrapper , rolled and baked.. came up with 171 delicious calories... that's 80 less than a slice of pizza.... you can 4 of these as opposed to 3 slices of pizza.. they war yummy
    jer
    ps. this is why i'm loving mfp. getting different ideas. wuhuu
    and yesterday I dropped it to 128 calories by only use one-half ounce of cheese and pepperoni each. no sacrifice on flavor either. wuhuuu

another great idea thanks :)
  • VirtuousVal
    VirtuousVal Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Hi Guys. One of my HUGE cravings is pizza :love: I know nothing can replace pizza but I thought I'd share my super easy, yummy low cal way of curbing my craving.

Dempter's BodyWise Tortillas are only 80 calories each.
    pizzadilla1.jpg

Add pizza sauce and veggies. I used walmart brand pizza sauce (seemed to have less calories) and mushrooms and green peppers. Obviously if you add meat/chicken the calories will go up. I was thinking of trying out turkey pepperettes one of these days. Might be a nice low(er) cal substitute for pepperoni (plus theyre nice and quesadilla sized).
    pizzadilla2.jpg

Add cheese and put in pan with 1/2 second spray of olive oil. I used Kraft TexMex cheese. It looks like a lot more than there is cuz its on top of the veggies. Maybe 1/4 to 1/6 cup. More cheeze = more calories. Plus it's harder to close with more stuff in there.
    pizzadilla3.jpg

Let the cheese warm up a bit and fold over the tortilla so it sticks shut. (Awesome spatula is optional but highly recommended).
    pizzadilla4.jpg

wait a couple mins and flip to warm the other side of the tortilla.
    pizzadilla5.jpg

Consume with much merriment!
    pizzadilla6.jpg

This version was 194 Cal
    194 22 11 10 470 3

Hope this helps someone with their cravings. Or at least gives ya guys a yummy choice.
    Take care :flowerforyou:

(ps. I love friends)

Thank you for sharing "Caffeine_addict"!! What a great demonstration that you did with photos & all!

*Thanks for sharing! Bump this to save for later! When I get a craving for pizza!*

Elephantbutt.gif
  • blesdchile
    blesdchile Posts: 62
    Options
    I was craving pizza Sunday night. Settled for a LC Margherita pizza. I'll be giving this a try.
  • bbbccp
    bbbccp Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • gwenmf
    gwenmf Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Hi Guys. One of my HUGE cravings is pizza :love: I know nothing can replace pizza but I thought I'd share my super easy, yummy low cal way of curbing my craving.

Dempter's BodyWise Tortillas are only 80 calories each.
    pizzadilla1.jpg

Add pizza sauce and veggies. I used walmart brand pizza sauce (seemed to have less calories) and mushrooms and green peppers. Obviously if you add meat/chicken the calories will go up. I was thinking of trying out turkey pepperettes one of these days. Might be a nice low(er) cal substitute for pepperoni (plus theyre nice and quesadilla sized).
    pizzadilla2.jpg

Add cheese and put in pan with 1/2 second spray of olive oil. I used Kraft TexMex cheese. It looks like a lot more than there is cuz its on top of the veggies. Maybe 1/4 to 1/6 cup. More cheeze = more calories. Plus it's harder to close with more stuff in there.
    pizzadilla3.jpg

Let the cheese warm up a bit and fold over the tortilla so it sticks shut. (Awesome spatula is optional but highly recommended).
    pizzadilla4.jpg

wait a couple mins and flip to warm the other side of the tortilla.
    pizzadilla5.jpg

Consume with much merriment!
    pizzadilla6.jpg

This version was 194 Cal
    194 22 11 10 470 3

Hope this helps someone with their cravings. Or at least gives ya guys a yummy choice.
    Take care :flowerforyou:

(ps. I love friends)

sounds yummy
  • gettinfit4god
    gettinfit4god Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    the force is strong with this food...

LMBO!
  • tmpayton
    tmpayton Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    This is Great! Pizza is my all time favorite....
  • Tender78
    Tender78 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    bump
  • kimberly2504
    kimberly2504 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the idea! My daughter just made a.pizza grilled cheese so she will love this.
  • jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options
    I hate to tease you all but since I made fresh sauce last week, I decided to doctor it into pizza sauce... i made the crust this morning and it's baking now.....nice and thick crust. I'm having a treat day with few regrets. hugs all