x
  • soul_sista88
    soul_sista88 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    232 more to go. I'm on a mission!
  • BrilliantResilient1
    BrilliantResilient1 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    O wow! I am so happy someone asked this question because I thought I was alone in this. I don't have the motivation at times, and I find myself craving things I love like cheesy mexican, cheesy pizza, and pastas. So I allow myself these things during one meal a couple days out of the week (usually I don't eat them though), but I know it's an allowance I've set for myself. My highest weight is 370, and I've only lost 12 lbs. I got on the scale and cried the other day because I'd gained 6lbs, but it was because I'd just finish drinking about 50 oz of water with my salad and burger (yes I said it burger with cheese and tomato! lol). The next day I was down 5 of those 6. It's hard to stay motivated to eat right (and log my food) and workout, so if anyone has any tricks or tips please inbox me, better yet friend request me. Thanks for posting this!!!
  • melmoran
    melmoran Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am right here with you! I just restarted my journey on Monday but these news feeds and seeing all of this support is really helping me stay focused and motivated throughout the day. To know that I'm not the only one on this journey and facing these daily struggles. It's not going to be easy and there are going to be some "bad" days but push through and the support that I am seeing on here and the success stories that I am reading is promising and yes we can! Let's go!

PS I need at add all of these people as my friends you guys all rock! :laugh: :laugh:
  • okeedokee5
    okeedokee5 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Me, me, me.... from start to finish is about 100 pounds, give or take. I've already lost a little over 50 pounds. I try to think of it not as a diet, but as a total lifestyle change... because we all know once you reach that "ultimate weight goal", you can't go back to eating like you used to, or else the weight all comes back on. It's been a lot of coming to terms that I may never eat a chicken finger dinner or pig out on french fries and onion rings again. I've been working on trying "healthier" versions of those foods so I don't feel too deprived.

I'm also quickly learning that the farther you are in the goal, the slower the weight comes off, and the harder you have to work to lose it. This has been frustrating, but I'm fighting through it.

Just try to take it day by day. If you keep looking at how FAR you have to go, it's overwhelming. Enjoy every little success, whether it's half a pound, having the willpower to say no to dessert, or realizing your body is able to do something it couldn't do a few weeks before.

I'm in the journey, too. Feel free to add.
  • rockermom5
    rockermom5 Posts: 58
    Options
    Me as well. :) And I'm clueless. I think I've been about this size most of my adult life (looked at old pictures today...my clothing size has been pretty constant since the birth of my second son). I've watched my husband lose over 100 lbs over the last 3 years..he looks awesome and he did it on his own. I made him join a gym with me and I created a monster, lol. It's never been easy for me, and I definitely need the motivation that I've been seeing on this site. I've been doing this for about 3-4 weeks now, and I've noticed myself making better choices and seeing small changes, so I just need to keep moving forward.
  • jucelee
    jucelee Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I would like too!
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    A year ago I did. And it seemed like an impossible task at the time. I set my first goal to lose 30 pounds, then just kept lowering it. The smaller increments made it more manageable.

But I did it, and I'm 9 pounds from "goal" (though I am very happy where I am right now).

Set small goals, and be kind to yourself during the process. If you make this a miserable experience, it won't last. If you can create a balance where you enjoy your life while losing weight, you will find that the next year will fly by and you won't believe what you see in the mirror :)

Good luck, you CAN do this - just don't give up :)
  • kellyg891
    kellyg891 Posts: 16
    Options
    Meeee! 149 to be exact. Down 17 already so 132 to go!
  • ladybug8814
    ladybug8814 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Don't let that number freak you out and discourage you. The Bottom line is it doesn't matter if it's 35, 85 or 105. It still required the same decisons, work, heart and soul to see success. You can do this! I can do this!

I have 225 lbs to lose. And I know that weight loss is important to everyone. However, when it is going to take you 2 to 4 years to lose all your weight I think it is the same decision but for so much longer. So if you have less to lose then stay with us for as long as it takes us and keep encouraging us but please don't tell us that losing 35 is the same as losing 100+.
  • ladybug8814
    ladybug8814 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Wol5894
    Wol5894 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Losing 35lbs does require motivation and commitment but losing over 100 lbs requires it for a LONG time. I have around 140 to lose and the first 8 are gone (in 4 weeks to be precise). I've got another 12 to 18 months to go to get to my ideal weight and every bit of encouragement is needed to keep me going for that long.

Even so, I am hopeful, especially with the invaluable help of MFP.
  • after_the_rain
    Options
    I do, yeah :(

I've always been big, I was just over 300 in my teens. I had my first child when I was 18 and went up to 380 while pregnant with her. I got down to the 320's by the time she was 2, but then I got pregnant with my son. After I had him I lost my pregnancy weight and was around the 340's. But then for medical reasons I was put on a medication (Coumadin) that caused me to gain 34 pounds in 3 weeks, with no changes to my diet or exercise. I've been around 375ish for the last year since starting that medicine. And then earlier this year I had some more health issues and got blood clots in both of my legs. While I was in the hospital my legs ballooned up from swelling, and I gained over 30 pounds in just one week from all the swelling. So my starting weight is...414. UGH. I can't even believe it. I'm 5'9" so my goal weight is around 150-160. I just started trackinjg on MFP and regularly going to the gym last Sunday, it's been ten days and I've lost 17 pounds. (I also lost 17 pounds before that, not sure when exactly, but that's just from the swelling.) I'm at 380 now and just hoping I can continue to lose and lose and lose. It's daunting, it's something you have to stick with for a very long time. But the success stories on here really help to motivate me and everyone here is so nice and helpful and supportive! really hoping I can stick with it and finally get the weight off!!!

and yeah, anyone feel free to add me :)

I started at 347 and yes it's difficult, but YOU CAN DO IT!!!!! :wink:

Thank You!!! You look AMAZING! Very motivating for me!!
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    How do you stay motivated? I go as long as one day of conviction, then lose it. I have 85 lbs to lose to reach a modest, healthy weight of 150. So many distractions and temptations out there! I am 58 and feel pretty hopeless.

You fake it till you make it. You just simply DO IT.

For me, I told myself that I would not stop until I had lost 40 pounds. That was my rule. I didn't have motivation to track food every day, I didn't want to exercise, but I just did it. And once I started doing it, it became easier. Exercise became enjoyable, tracking became second nature, and people started noticing. When I hit 40 pounds, the place where I had given myself permission to stop, quitting was out of the question: I was in it for the long haul.

You just simply have to do it. Who cares whether you want to. Losing weight takes work. If you want to achieve that goal, you do the work whether you are motivated to do so or not. Go through the motions until it becomes habit.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!