• lindseym1983
    lindseym1983 Posts: 209
    Options
    YOLO !

Yes this one too!!! Grr.
  • mama2shi
    mama2shi Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    When people say "they say" all of the time to bolster their statement or argument. Who the eff are they?? If you can't remember to give me specifics then I am not taking what you say seriously. :explode:

supposably. That is NOT a word!! :angry:

^^ hahaha - I just heard someone use "supposably" the other day and cringed.
  • Broxsonator
    Options
    YOLO... well duh!
  • ShaunMc1968
    ShaunMc1968 Posts: 204
    Options
    When people say ......"I personally think..."

Who the hell else thinks for you??
  • bwmiller1
    bwmiller1 Posts: 98
    Options
    put a pin in it. why don't you put a pin in this?
  • lindseym1983
    lindseym1983 Posts: 209
    Options
    ^^^ haha... like this one!
  • Drop_it_Like_Its_Hawt
    Drop_it_Like_Its_Hawt Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I get annoyed by "I know, right?" in response to someone. If you KNOW, you don't have to say "right?" at the end like a question! Either you actually, positively know, or you don't know.

...Right?

(jk)
  • poptart106
    Options
    It is what it is

And what not

Just saying
  • hiker359
    hiker359 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    "Can I axe you a question?" First of all, it's 'ask,' not 'axe.' Second... you just asked me a question, but I suppose I'll let you ask one more.
  • aimelee
    aimelee Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    pretty much any corporate jargon makes me want to punch someone in the throat. "push the envelope" "hit it out of the park" "take a stab at it" "dog and pony"

Also, i'm a graphic designer and if someone asks me to "just jazz it up" one more time, i'm going to jazz my foot up their *kitten*.
  • MILFdoesabodyGd
    MILFdoesabodyGd Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I'm not going to go through this entire thread to see if anyone has already said it, but I hate when people shorten words.

gorg (gorgeous) this one I hate the MOST
    obvi (obviously)
    ridic (ridiculous)

can't think of anymore right now...but there's lots

also, when someone wants you to know they're very serious or completely telling the truth about something, they say "bible"

:explode:
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    YOLO... well duh!

I saw a girl at the gym with a tattoo of this on the back of her neck. I laughed.
  • CinJay
    CinJay Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    "actually..." (said in a snotty way) when they're correcting you, like what they're about to say is superior to what you've just said...
    "just saying..." (loathe that one)
    "just so you know... " (not a favorite either)
  • Alexstrasza
    Alexstrasza Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    "I could care less" when they obviously mean "I COULD'NT care less."

YOLO - Because going out drinking is really something you just HAVE to do every weekend because you only have one life to live. Ugh.

FML - Oh no you dropped your phone? Yea you're life is soooooo f-ing hard.
  • hesn92
    Options
    The random shortening of words that people use... my friend says "adorbs" a lot. There are others...
  • d0gma
    d0gma Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    "Irregardless" This is not a word.
    "I could care less" and all it's variations "I could give a f---, sh--" etc. What you are saying is that you care.
    "To make a long story short." after you've told me a long drawn out narrative. I'm always tempted to say "Too late."
  • hesn92
    Options
    A facebook friend of mine sometimes puts the word "Knowledge" at the end of his facebook posts as if they were supposed to be really important or something.
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    pretty much any corporate jargon makes me want to punch someone in the throat. "push the envelope" "hit it out of the park" "take a stab at it" "dog and pony"

Also, i'm a graphic designer and if someone asks me to "just jazz it up" one more time, i'm going to jazz my foot up their *kitten*.

Yes!! My old manager used to say there were gremlins in our machine all of the time. Drove me nuts!

That and after explaining something 'clear as mud?'

Uhhh, if you know you did not do a very good job of explaining it...try again.
  • anorangie
    anorangie Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Oh and the expression, "Bless your heart!"

All southern women know that means nothing more than "Go f**k yourself!"

LOL!

(I always think "to each her own" means the same thing--GFY--when someone who disagrees with me says that to me.)
  • shierrarobin
    shierrarobin Posts: 181
    Options
    "Hey shawty." Or any phrase with the made up word "shawty" in it.

"What's up dawg." Or any phrase with the made up word "dawg" in it.

Pretty much any phrase that was made up by rappers I absolutely hate because nothing annoys me more than rap.