Women who are 5' 8", what is your weight goal?

Options

Replies

• mayday1969
    mayday1969 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 8.5" Currently 138 after a 30 pound weight loss. I am not quite where I want to be. I would like to get to 128, but 130-135 would be comfortable. I have skinny bones. Ring size 4
  • 5pmsomewherenow
    5pmsomewherenow Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and started at 209lbs as a person who worked out at the gym with a trainer, weights etc. So I was strong but not too "fit" & definitely not a slimmed "toned." Once I got the diet more healthy and balanced and gave up 90% of the alcohol I was consuming, I dropped 45lbs in 6 months to reach the RANGE that is my goal 160-165lbs, which is about 24.5% body fat.

About ten years ago I got down to 135, --it was "too skinny" on me, and I couldn't maintain it easily with the time and activity it takes to stay that active.

I'm not a yo-yo dieter, so I'm going to give this range a while and see how it feels and how I can maintain it. Summer and fall seem to be easier to stay active outside, in addition to gym work and classes, etc.

I think it's fairly common that there is a pretty wide range of goals and looks in our "healthy" weight range, between 130-165lbs.
  • missindepndnt86
    missindepndnt86 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Dang, lol. I'm shooting for like 180. It's technically above the "healthy" weight, but I'm built thick. When I get there, I'll re-evaluate and see if I want/need to go any smaller.

@abberbabber... I was just thinking the same thing "Dang" Hahaha, I don't want to be a stick. I want to look and feel healthy. To me, I shouldn't be able to see people's ribs and things like that. I was shooting for around 180 also.
  • Miss_Chievous_wechange
    Miss_Chievous_wechange Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
  • Angie_Fritts
    Angie_Fritts Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    My first goal is 165. I will reevaluate once I reach that goal. I may shoot for the 150's. I have been in the 170's or above most of my adult life. So, I am trying to be realistic about it.
  • bayan2010
    bayan2010 Posts: 9
    Options
    Whoa! These are some low numbers! I'm 5'7" and when I weighed 160 lbs I was soooo lean. 150 or less would have been unhealthy. You have to consider how much muscle you carry. Maybe you could consider basing your goal weight on a goal for body fat percentage rather than anything else.
  • Erica4218
    Erica4218 Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm 5'8 3/4...I currently weigh 193 and my body fat % is 23.4%...My goal is 185 but i am built bigger than most!
  • katheern
    katheern Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9, large framed. Currently 154lbs and probably will stay around there.
  • catshively
    Options
    I'm shooting for 135-140 but ultimately that won't happen until after my next child is born. Hoping to have one by mid next year but I'll keep up on my exercise to make those stubborn pounds easier to lose. I'm at 203 right now so I've got a ways to go but I'm working on it slowly but surly.
  • dotbell123
    dotbell123 Posts: 11
    Options
    My first goal is 165. I will reevaluate once I reach that goal. I may shoot for the 150's. I have been in the 170's or above most of my adult life. So, I am trying to be realistic about it.

This is me too. :smile: I've been 135 at my thinnest (was very sick at the time and I looked horrid) (a size 8 hung on me like a sack). I was 160 in high school, am around 180 now and am hoping for another 10-15 lbs. off. With metabolism and all, it's tough going.

When I was 140, I wore a 10. At 160-170, I wore 12-14. "Big boned" isn't a myth, it's my reality.

My wish is to dump the plus sizes (done) and get back into my 14-16s. You know that 'tote in the corner with the skinny clothes' that we all have? That's my goal :bigsmile:

Today, I'm in some of those clothes. In a few months, the rest will be worn and I'll have a ton of 'fat clothes' to donate.
  • HornsUT32
    HornsUT32 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    175 for me =) 165 is the lowest I'll go lol. I'm a big person though, even at 240 I didn't look huge.

this is me around 245 (I wish I could say some of that weight was boobage lmao. No such genetic luck =))

210x79y.jpg

You are just like me...at 190 I took these pictures. I am still not comfortable with wearing a bikini, but I plan to be by next summer :). At 190, I hope to lose 40 more pounds.

securedownload.jpg

securedownload1.jpg
  • renaloggins
    Options
    I am shooting for 175-185 I cant imagine myself being 135. When I weighed 175 many years ago, I was a size 10 this was perfect for my frame. On my current pic I am 285lbs
  • renaloggins
    Options
    August 26, 2013 4:29 pm

I am shooting for 175-185 I cant imagine myself being 135. When I weighed 175 many years ago, I was a size 10 this was perfect for my frame. On my current pic I am 285lbs
  • fitpam90x
    fitpam90x Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9 and my goal weight is currently at 140 but I want to eventually get down to around 133. Afterwards I might hope to gain some weight through weights and stuff. :)
  • StPattiesKitty
    Options
    I feel really comfortably abour 175 but also I am just BIG not fat...well atm I am fat but I am from big stock so I would look ugly if I was like 150 so My goal is 175...
  • FrankiesSaysRelax
    FrankiesSaysRelax Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Im 125 (ish) and happy here. I fluctuate between 124-126. Mostly looking to add a little muscle now.
  • suziehastie
    suziehastie Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm working to get to 130 then maintain, and would be happy to stay in 130 - 135 territory.
  • 2fat4knees
    2fat4knees Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Some of you seem to be aiming for too low a weight....my goal ( given to me by my medical professionals) is 165
  • Event_Horizon975
    Event_Horizon975 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8 3/4...I currently weigh 193 and my body fat % is 23.4%...My goal is 185 but i am built bigger than most!
    With ya lady! My goal is 170. I'm older now & realize the number isn't everything. I just want my *kitten* to look great in my jeans!!
  • marebear17
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and I'm 125 pounds, give or take. I haven't had children yet- but I feel like I'm a pretty good weight and want to maintain it. I feel if I gained ten more pounds, I'd still be happy with my appearance!