Fashion Faux Pas - Personal preferences

Options

Replies

• bikermike5094
    bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    guy shorts that go down to the middle calf... then calf high socks.. so only about 2 inches of leg is showing. dude, if your going to wear shors, make them shorts or wear pants.. but nothing inbetween.

and cowboy hats... cowboy hats dont go with anything.. they just look stupid .....period!!
  • RonneyKay
    RonneyKay Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    My two pet peeves are:

1: Flip-flop/Sandles with jeans. - It just looks sloppy to me. Here in Florida, flip-flops are a way of life but, shorts only please.

2: Sideways hats. - If you wear your hat sideways, you are either a professional rapper or a retard. My guess is on the latter.

Ditto on both!
  • RonneyKay
    Options
    OH! i don't know if this counts as a fashion faux pas BUT... Comb overs and/or toupes! definitely a style faux pas
  • tajmel
    tajmel Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I have no problem with neon clothing, tattoos, piercings, colored hair, the scene-mullet... because all of those things are more of an expression thing. Failing to correctly wear formal wear or use makeup is much more bothersome to me.

Lip liner, 90% of the time, but particularly if its too dark. Drawn on eye-brows (not darkened or filled in eyebrows, but perpetual surprise eyebrows). Thick foundation which is a full shade too light. All-over bronzing. Pink eye shadow (with some exceptions). Blue eye shadow (with some exceptions). Basically, anything a clown would wear.

Also, being really greasy and dirty looking. There is zero in point wearing your cutest dress and heels with lank gross hair and yesterday's makeup. You just look sloppy.
  • tajmel
    tajmel Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    1: Flip-flop/Sandles with jeans. - It just looks sloppy to me. Here in Florida, flip-flops are a way of life but, shorts only please.

2: Sideways hats. - If you wear your hat sideways, you are either a professional rapper or a retard. My guess is on the latter.

I wear sandals and jeans all the time, and think it looks fine, even cute. Maybe it's just more common where I am.
  • ramgi
    ramgi Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    WTH, is up with the silly head bands with the huge bows? Maybe this is only a fashion where I'm from. I can't stand crocs!!!! I wear navy and black on occasion and I rock denim on denim. I wear a denim blazer with jeans on dress down Fridays. I totally agree about the leggins. They aren't pants. I don't want to see the outline of your wahwho or your tosh.
  • MeliJean78
    MeliJean78 Posts: 249
    Options
    When women wear their pants so tight they get a camel toe.

Seriously, how is that comfortable?

Oh, and Crocs. Don't even wear them for gardening. Please.

Edited: Sweat pants with ugg boots. You know how sloppy you look? Gross.

Exposing my pudental cleft is a fashion no-no?
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I am wearing a navy shirt with black shorts right now :-p ... I'm about to go to the gym and I don't have any workout bottoms that aren't black. But I don't care... I'm going to the gym.

Anyway. Denim with denim is pretty bad.
    flip flops to a formal-ish event.
    wearing a scarf with short sleeves/tank tops/shorts. sorry but when fashion contradicts functionality that much, it just looks stupid.
    Wearing a bra with normal straps with a racer-back tank top. (I do this when I'm not going anywhere important but when you are trying to look nice, I have news for you. Your bra should not be showing.)
  • KL124
    KL124 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I hate people who wear shirts that are short and wide. Shirts should be longer than they are narrow. If they're not, please throw them away.
  • SVCat
    SVCat Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    Popped collars...makes me want to high five them in the freaking face.
  • yelpat
    yelpat Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    White socks with black shoes, really high waisted pants, crocs, men wearing shorts with knee length shorts and sandals
  • RonneyKay
    Options

I am guilty of this LOL I have a tattoo on the back of my neck and sometimes have to wear my collar up to hide it, but it depends on how I wear my hair. But I don't wear polos... popped collars on polos drive me bonkers.

haha anybody else coming back to this thread to see what faux pas they are making? LOL or is it just me?
  • SVCat
    SVCat Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options

I am guilty of this LOL I have a tattoo on the back of my neck and sometimes have to wear my collar up to hide it, but it depends on how I wear my hair. But I don't wear polos... popped collars on polos drive me bonkers.

haha anybody else coming back to this thread to see what faux pas they are making? LOL or is it just me?

Haha...maybe that was you I saw at Mills Mall with the popped collar. If I was pointing at you making this face :noway: it was you.
  • RonneyKay
    Options

Haha...maybe that was you I saw at Mills Mall with the popped collar. If I was pointing at you making this face :noway: it was you.

Uhm no, that look is strictly for work. If you saw me at Mills I was wearing jeans and an authority zero shirt most likely
  • digitalbill
    digitalbill Posts: 1,410 Member
    Options

I wear sandals and jeans all the time, and think it looks fine, even cute. Maybe it's just more common where I am.
    My wife also wears Kino's with jeans. I refuse to go anywhere with her until che changes.
    At the same time, she HATES my Hawiian shirts. I have about 30 of them.
  • Ohmydaze
    Ohmydaze Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Cowboy boots with shorts

I'm sorry, but think this is cute. :blushing:

Haha, me too. I wear this.
  • hippiechel
    hippiechel Posts: 170 Member
    Options

My wife also wears Kino's with jeans. I refuse to go anywhere with her until che changes.
    At the same time, she HATES my Hawiian shirts. I have about 30 of them.

hawaiian shirts! why hasn't this come up yet. i just saw a WSJ post about "fashionable" hawaiian shirts and i said, nooooo. merde.

you're probably still awesome though.

and i do jeans with sandals.. i don't like wearing shoes cos it causes eczema on my feet (gross, i know).
  • RealWomenLovePitbulls
    RealWomenLovePitbulls Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    hilarious! i feel exactly the same way. at some point in my life it was drilled into my head that u do not mix black and brown or navy and black (not even if it's ur belt or shoes) and i also think that brown pants and a green top makes u look like a tree! funny
  • Merithyn
    Merithyn Posts: 284 Member
    Options

:laugh:

Nah. I don't care if how I dress offends anyone's sensibility, mostly because I know I don't show too much skin or wear anything too tight. Anything else I consider "free expression". :drinker:

Well, really, it's more of the "overworked, underpaid, overdone wife and mother" look. I'll dress it up when I'm not the one in charge of making sure that everyone else looks like an idiot when they walk out the door.
  • kristinacottle
    Options
    I wear sweatpants in public, I don't think anybody should dress up every place they go, haha. If I'm going to the grocery store at 9am on a saturday morning, you best believe you'll see me there in sweatpants and flip flops, or sweatpants and uggs/slippers in the winter!!

One thing I haaate is when girls wear uggs with skirts though. Drives me insane :noway: If you can wear a skirt, it's not too cold to throw on a pair of heels or even sandals lol!