MEN & WOMEN Pls Boob shape & size change

Options

Replies

• justjenn1977
    justjenn1977 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I was 54/56 H/HH (depending on bra and company) when I was my heaviest... 340#

I am a 44 DD (or 46DD again depending on brand) so I have definitely lost lots of size...

I can't really say much about shape... was saggy before... still saggy
  • trm981
    trm981 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    "Breast surgery to perk em up can make breast feeding not a possibility."
    [/quote]

That is simply not true. Please research this surgery before saying things like this that discourage people.
    [/quote]

This is 100% true, actually. I just went for my breast lift/augmentation consultation appointment yesterday and there was a huge section on this in the information given to me. Its one of the reasons I waited until after I had kids to do it.
  • Priincess_Natalie
    Priincess_Natalie Posts: 367 Member
    Options

That is simply not true. Please research this surgery before saying things like this that discourage people.
    [/quote]

"This is 100% true, actually. I just went for my breast lift/augmentation consultation appointment yesterday and there was a huge section on this in the information given to me. Its one of the reasons I waited until after I had kids to do it."
    [/quote]

I've had augmentation and I belong to a wonderful group with 1000's of other women who have had and are going to have procedures done and I promise you this is false. The best reason to wait is because having kids can/will change the shape of your boobs and you may need another procedure in the future to lift them back up. Many women just choose to wait until after children to avoid multiple surgeries but as for breast feeding, that is a myth. You can have a lift and/or augmentation and still breast feed just fine. Do more research.
  • tradkins12
    tradkins12 Posts: 20
    Options
    Okay, maybe I just had the wrong size before this, but I went from a 42C to a 38D. I still try to use some of the 42's simply because of budget concerns, but the 38's are much more comfortable.

Chances are I was in the wrong size before and now that the nice lady at Victoria's Secret measured me I am in something that fits a heck of a lot better.

I had the same thing happen.

I went from a 46DDD to a 42F. I was measured both before I lost weight and after I lost weight so I know it wasn't from wearing the wrong size. The lady that measured me explained that I went up cup sizes bc I didn't lose any in my breasts but went down in width. So now my boobs are farther off my chest therefor making my cup size bigger. Hope that makes sense :)
  • carebear7951
    carebear7951 Posts: 404 Member
    Options

[/quote]

This is 100% true, actually. I just went for my breast lift/augmentation consultation appointment yesterday and there was a huge section on this in the information given to me. Its one of the reasons I waited until after I had kids to do it.
    [/quote]"

I'm so glad you piped up here! I thought that was the case but didn't have any information to back it up. Besides that...why would you pay all that money and go through the pain and recovery, etc...to have pregnancy "ruin" the surgery????? No thanks. I'd wait til I had my kids....(I have 4 by the way that I b'fed and wouldn't trade it for perky boobies on any level! Although...now that I'm done..LOL)
  • vibrantval
    vibrantval Posts: 46
    Options
    The last comment from my hubby was, 'you have lost some boobie there.' lol but not in a mean way, although I dont feel they deflated, I have noticed the are rounder and firmer. Idk cup sizes because honestly I wear sports bras 24/7. I usually wear 42/44DorDD.
  • Priincess_Natalie
    Options
  • JenaePavlak
    JenaePavlak Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I used to be a 38DD... Currently a 34B... =(

Only thing I wish my body didn't change!!! (good thing I didn't take my doc seriously when he told me to consider a breast reduction a couple years ago!!!)

"Lift Heavy! Run Hard!" =D
    www.facebook.com/jenaesmithfitness (daily motivation posts)
  • lealee81
    lealee81 Posts: 1
    Options
    Im just starting, but I for one hope i lose weight in my chest. I want a breast reduction but I am not big enough for insurance to cover it. Therefore, its going to come out of pocket. If I can have one naturally, then HEY!!!!
  • Soniatori
    Soniatori Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    i lost so much weight i went from a size c to really flat. it was so bad i went to get a breast augmentation
  • MeliJean78
    MeliJean78 Posts: 249
    Options
    Did you say boobs?
  • salgalruns
    salgalruns Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I am convinced it's the first place I lose. I went from a full 36C (most likely should have been a 38, but I just never wanted to admit THAT measurement). Now a 34C (a B in certain styles), although they're definitely not as "perky" as before. Crud. My boyfriend never ever complains - says he'd rather have me slim and healthy than with excess boobage. :)
  • ZoeyRobinson
    ZoeyRobinson Posts: 301
    Options
    The Butt Bible has helped with my tremendously. They are perkier and are much happier now. They look better now then they did when I was 18. So I would highly recommend the butt bible or working out with weights. Also, there is a massage you can do in the shower that helps the breast tissue and makes them look better for a few hours. I know it sounds strange but it works.
  • mystinamarie
    mystinamarie Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Mine have lost an inch and a half, but I'm still the same cup size.

If you google to measure your bra size there are really simple steps to measure at home and find your proper size. A lot of women have the wrong bra size, or if you're losing weight you might be a new size and not realize it. I plan on re-measuring mine after I hit goal to see if I need to add all new bras to my shopping spree!
  • harley0269
    harley0269 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    ah yes, i used to have glorious tatas. a well rounded 42D ~that is till i started losing weight.
    now im only a 38C when i gather the girls up & confine them in one spot (aka the bra)
    when i see them a'natural all i do is start singing this song....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Pb6fADfG4I

gravity is a real buzz-kill when you get older! lol
  • trm981
    trm981 Posts: 42 Member
    Options

"This is 100% true, actually. I just went for my breast lift/augmentation consultation appointment yesterday and there was a huge section on this in the information given to me. Its one of the reasons I waited until after I had kids to do it."
    [/quote]

I've had augmentation and I belong to a wonderful group with 1000's of other women who have had and are going to have procedures done and I promise you this is false. The best reason to wait is because having kids can/will change the shape of your boobs and you may need another procedure in the future to lift them back up. Many women just choose to wait until after children to avoid multiple surgeries but as for breast feeding, that is a myth. You can have a lift and/or augmentation and still breast feed just fine. Do more research.
    [/quote]

I have researched it plenty. One snippet from one of many articles that come up in Google:

'Any surgery can potentially damage or destroy nerve endings and the milk ducts, which may make breastfeeding impossible or very difficult. However, it depends on the type of surgery, the skill of the surgeon, and each woman's individual anatomy. Implants generally won't affect breastfeeding at all, unless there is a problem during procedure or if extensive nipple reconstruction or repositioning takes place, which has the potential to damage. Insertion of implants through areola incision also increases the chances of damage to the milk ducts.

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/3404464

Lots of women have procedures like this done with no later difficulty breastfeeding. But it is a risk that should be taken into account when making the decision.

I have an information pamphlet about breast lifts, in front of me right this second, from the plastic surgeon's office, saying this exact same thing. Its not a myth.
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    Ladies ---Is anyone having this problem? I had a large chest before I lost weight. I was overflowing in a 36 DDD. I have lost over 30 pounds with just good nutrition and exercise. I think I may need a smaller bra. I may be a 34 DD or a 34D. But is anyone else's boobs changing shape/size with weight loss? If so did you do anything to change their size or shape?

MEN- Does boob shape or size matter? I want to have kids in the next five years and if it wasn't for that I would consider surgery They aren't bad they are naturally large boobies, they just aren't perky.

So far, I have gone from about a 36H/38G to a 34H/HH (probably a 32 right now). I have lost a little in volume (about 1/2 to 1 cup), and mostly in the band. (4 inches from my "underbust" measurement. My volume hasn't changed in weeks, now. After the 1st 20 pounds or so. My shape is the same, and size is similar.

It really depends on the type of breasts you have. Some people have breast made of more fat, others have more dense tissue. If you had large breasts before you gained weight, they will likely stay that way. If you gained weight, and gained size, then you'll lose more.

You may have gone down mostly in the band.
  • jacqui1612
    jacqui1612 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I don't know about anyone else but I think mine look bigger (so does my boyfriend). I've lost 10 kilos (a little over 20 pounds)... I guess I just didn't have much fat on them or something and as my waist has gotten smaller they look bigger.. I hope they don't shrink cause I don't have much there in the first place!!!
  • Spanaval
    Spanaval Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Pre-pregnancy, I was a 34B. Post, and after breastfeeding, a 36C. Now, a 32B. And it's not like I've lost a massive amount of weight, about 11 lbs. I'm not upset about it or anything; breastfeeding did more to alter the shape/perkiness of my breasts than the weight loss has, and I'm hopeful that some chest work will at least restore some perkiness.
  • Priincess_Natalie
    Options

[/quote]

I have researched it plenty. One snippet from one of many articles that come up in Google:

'Any surgery can potentially damage or destroy nerve endings and the milk ducts, which may make breastfeeding impossible or very difficult. However, it depends on the type of surgery, the skill of the surgeon, and each woman's individual anatomy. Implants generally won't affect breastfeeding at all, unless there is a problem during procedure or if extensive nipple reconstruction or repositioning takes place, which has the potential to damage. Insertion of implants through areola incision also increases the chances of damage to the milk ducts.

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/3404464

Lots of women have procedures like this done with no later difficulty breastfeeding. But it is a risk that should be taken into account when making the decision.

I have an information pamphlet about breast lifts, in front of me right this second, from the plastic surgeon's office, saying this exact same thing. Its not a myth.
    [/quote]

I've done plenty of research myself and provided links to back me up. If it is a concern of yours then by all means you should wait. I'm not trying to push anyone to do anything they are uncomfortable with but I am encouraging women to stop taking these statements as fact and do their own research. There is FAR too much inaccurate information out there about implants and lifts. Breast reductions are a different story because internal tissue is removed and can complicate milk production. I don't know much about it because I've never researched it. What I know about lifts comes from networking with lots of women who have had them. My knowledge of implants is because I have a set and researched them for over 5 years before I got them. There is a lot of false information floating around about these procedures. Make sure your sources good and make your own well educated decisions.

Oh and make sure you use a good plastic surgeon. Improper surgical technique could lead to complications breast feeding and this can be prevented using an experienced board certified PS. Good luck.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!