Premade Bring To Work Breakfast Ideas

Options

Replies

• SsetAdnama
    SsetAdnama Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Wonderful ideas! I've been trying to stick to hardboiled eggs and oatmeal but have been falling into my old full-on bagel and cream cheese trap. Really needed some new ideas. I'm going to try the egg cupcakes/mini-quiches for sure.

Thanks everyone!
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    I made veggie muffins on the weekend and just had one for a morning snack.
    They had grated zucchini, carrot, apple, wholemeal flour, unflavoured protein powder, eggs, 1/12 cup cheese... ummmm can't remember what else but they are pretty yummy and under 100 cals each. Two of those, an apple and a coffee would be a good brekky.
  • coloschick
    Options
    I bring several things of chobani greek yogurt and a box of Go Lean Crunch with me at the beginning of the week. Then I have a yogurt and I put Go Lean Crunch in it. It is really good. I have my husband eating it now too.

Tammy
  • Breadbar
    Breadbar Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Great ideas!
  • DuckiNabisco
    Options
    I am new to this and looking for great breakfast ideas. However, it must be eggfree or minimal eggdue to a slight allergy to eggs. Any suggestions are welcome!
  • laineylynnfit
    laineylynnfit Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I am always thinking about scrambling some egg whites the night before for the next morning at work. Do eggs/egg whites reheat well if stored overnight? And if so, how long do they last? Could I make enough for a couple mornings?
  • laineylynnfit
    laineylynnfit Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Using a muffin pan, make mini omelets on Sunday night. In each muffin hole, add an egg (mix well), low fat cheese, and some veggies. Bake them until cooked, let them cool, then put them i the fridge. Then you can pull one or two of them out each morning for breakfast to go.

A friend told me about this except she put a piece of ham (or she said I could use turkey breast) and shape it into the form of the muffin hole, add the egg or egg whites, low fat cheese and anything else you want and bake. I will have to try this!
  • jhardenbergh
    jhardenbergh Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    Atkins makes some meal replacement bars, usually range between 150 to 240 calories, good source of protein and fiber. They keep you pretty full. Low in sugar as well. The ones with the red on the box are the ones that are higher in calories and protein. They are pretty filling. They can be found in every grocery store that I have been to. Usually either in the granola bar aisle or if your grocery store has a pharmacy area in with the dietic foods.
  • lewandt
    lewandt Posts: 566
    Options
    I love the sandwich idea. Curious how they cook up though, microwave?

I sometimes do the slow cooker steel cut oats, make a batch Sunday night and bring a cup everyday to work to eat at my desk.

Or i do the spice muffins someone posted here once (recipe below). I bring 2 of them to eat at my desk (94 cals each). I freeze them and take 2 out of the freezer the night before. I always bring a hard boiled egg for the protein.

Spice cake breakfast bars:

Take just a general cake mix (preferably spice), mix in 1 cup of pineapple tidbits, 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, 1/4 cup raisins and 1/4 cup shredded carrots and add 2 cups of dry powdered milk to the dry mix, add the water that the box calls for and bake. You will come up with a dense breakfast bar that not only is a grab and go item, but has one serving of fruit & vegetables in in, along with the nutritional value of one 8 oz serving of milk.

Change out adding coconut, chocolate chips, M&M's and other goodies for a sweetness and crunch change.

* Do not add anything the cake mix calls for, just the ingredients above.
  • mom2mozart
    mom2mozart Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    one of my friends used to do this. She would add spinach and cheese - they smelled awesome. I always envied
    her on those day.
  • MarCarCas
    MarCarCas Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I love to have a Lara Bar for breakfast, but I'm going to try the spice cake breakfast bars! If I'm not having a Lara Bar, it's greek yogurt or a healthy cereal with skim milk.
  • mdebbie1026
    mdebbie1026 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • ford8709
    ford8709 Posts: 140
    Options
    Bump
  • hunnyspice
    hunnyspice Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    These are some great ideas....
  • 57rainbows
    57rainbows Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I don't buy mine from the grocery story, but my favorite go-to on-the-go breakfast is these homemade breakfast pockets.

I base my recipe on this and then just make a batch or two and freeze them. Then, in the morning, I throw them in when I turn the oven on to 350º, and then when I'm ready to walk out the door 30 minutes later, they're perfect to grab and go.

http://www.budgetgourmetmom.com/breakfast-pockets/

For dough I sub applesauce for the oil and up to half the flour for whole wheat.
    In the filling I use low fat turkey ham or whatever I have on hand, egg beaters, and extra veggies (spinach and mushrooms are a favorite)!

I think they're great and keep me full all day (and come in really cheap at approx $1-$1.30 a pocket depending on if you add extra meat or not!)

This looked so yummy that I entered it in to MFP as a recipe so I could check out the calories. I entered it exactly as originally written and it came out as 377 calories a pocket - not bad at all! A few substitutes would probably lower this number, esp switching out the sausage for a lower calorie meat or more veggies. I'm going to try these (-:
  • shady81x
    shady81x Posts: 290
    Options
    I've never been a "breakfast person" (lazy + I always need that "extra 5 minutes")... but after looking at the suggestions on this thread.... I might be a convert! Especially those egg muffins. Makes me hungry. Thank goodness it's just another 1/2 hr to lunch break! :laugh:
  • theflyingartist
    theflyingartist Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I love the sandwich idea. Curious how they cook up though, microwave?
    He's got a toaster oven at work. I suggest toasting it in a toaster oven if you have and reheating in a microwave. Or (so wasteful on energy though) using broil on your oven.
  • sarammorgan
    Options
    Going to have to try some of these!
  • CDPhipps
    CDPhipps Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    BUMP :happy:
  • galena79
    galena79 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    bump