Anyone going on vacation soon?

Options
I just booked a cruise in 44 days! Can't wait. We just got back from the beach 10 days ago after a week there (and gaining 5 lbs). I need to lose at least 6 lbs in the next 6 weeks, but would love to lose 10. Anyone else have a goal in mind due to a trip (or wedding or whatever)?

Kristin

Replies

• soo_z
    soo_z Posts: 42
    Options
    I cruise in 51 days!! =P Can't wait!!! What ship are you going on? I'm going on the Carnival Legend (Sept. 9).

I don't weigh myself and I don't like to term "to lose weight", but I want to be fit by the time we go =)
  • MammaSki2Boys
    Options
    I cruise in 72 days! I would like to drop 10-15lbs by then
  • maervin9
    maervin9 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm honeymooning in Paris in September and I don't want to be the chubby American!

I am new to MFP community forums, so nice to see all the words of encouragement! Keep up the good work! :happy:
  • moriaht
    moriaht Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    South Korea in 20 days!
  • JMPerlin
    JMPerlin Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Just a long weekend at Ocean Isle with the family. The breakfast buffet is going to kill me. :smile:
  • Kekibird
    Kekibird Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    I leave in 4 days for 2 weeks in the Republic of Georgia with my son's grandparents and his father.

I'm not losing at home so I don't plan to lose on the road but I hope to fit in some fitness goals like running while I'm there.
  • wildcata77
    wildcata77 Posts: 660
    Options
    I'm going to the beach in 1.5 weeks for a week. It's our family vacation and we spend most of it on the boat/in the water.

I'm on a 2 week trying to eat only food from home except once a week (breakfast/lunch), getting in 4-5 workouts each week, and getting all of my water in.

I just want to FEEL healthy on vacation so I can be active during the trip. The more I swim and play, the less I have to worry about what I'm eating while there (which is mostly seafood, so not too bad, but BIL and I tend to drink a lot on vacation, too.)
  • kitigonkukoo
    kitigonkukoo Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I'm going to a beach resort in September for a week, and then a 7 night cruise in November- so vacations ARE my motivation. :laugh:

CRUISERS!!! Where are you all going, what cruise line, and what departure port?

I'm on Royal Caribbean, our of Port Canaveral- going to Labadee, Jamaica, Grand Cayman and Cozumel. :flowerforyou:
  • 1holegrouper
    1holegrouper Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    We just got back from an 8 day vacation at the beach. I kept up my workouts and even ran extra. I was extremely careful about what I ate, etc. When I got home I gained 8 pounds. I was so personally embarrased that I didn't record my weight on MFP, lol. Three days later I lost 9 pounds. So, it was a good reminder that when you eat out it is nearly impossible to avoid excess sodium as compared to home prepared foods. Once the sodium cleared out the excess water I was carrying cleared out and I was ahead of the game.
  • ILoveTheBrowns
    ILoveTheBrowns Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    leaving for myrtle beach saturday then from there to rocky mountain national park in colorado...2 weeks in total.....lets go!
  • kitigonkukoo
    Options
    I'm honeymooning in Paris in September and I don't want to be the chubby American!

I am new to MFP community forums, so nice to see all the words of encouragement! Keep up the good work! :happy:

AWESOME!!! I LOVE PARIS! Have you been before? It's such an amazing place!
  • luvinlife58
    luvinlife58 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Leave on a cruise on Sunday ! I am determined to not gain weight while gone ! Which means ! I will be working out on the ship everyday before activities ! I will make very healthy and small portions for breakfast and lunch and have a decent dinner ;) hoping I can stick to itfor the week there ;)
  • blonde71
    blonde71 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Next Saturday I'm going to a fabulous beach resort and back again to the same place at the end of August. So excited!!
  • LAS_1980
    LAS_1980 Posts: 156
    Options
    Were going to Florida Aug 3-6th. I am hoping to be down atleast another 2 or 3 lbs by then. Fingers crossed! Have fun on your cruise!! :)
  • swisspea
    swisspea Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    2 weeks till my husband and I go to Corsica for vacation! Can't wait! I've got to buy a new bathing suit :)
  • kitigonkukoo
    Options
    We just got back from an 8 day vacation at the beach. I kept up my workouts and even ran extra. I was extremely careful about what I ate, etc. When I got home I gained 8 pounds. I was so personally embarrased that I didn't record my weight on MFP, lol. Three days later I lost 9 pounds. So, it was a good reminder that when you eat out it is nearly impossible to avoid excess sodium as compared to home prepared foods. Once the sodium cleared out the excess water I was carrying cleared out and I was ahead of the game.

Same thing happened to me last year! We were a week in Italy and a week on a cruise right after that, and holy COW- I was trying so hard to be good, and we were very active! I got home, and WOAH- +9lbs. Now, as a negative self talker, I beat myself up for abotu 5 minutes, staring at the number. Then I remembered that the average cruiser gains about 10lbs on a week long cruise.. so I felt better...

THEN- a few days later I'd dropped 11lbs. Sodium is RIGHT!
  • bailyc
    bailyc Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Headed to Vegas to meet up with college girlfriends next weekend then down to New Mexico to visit my boyfriend! Haven't seen any of them in at least 6 months. Non of them have seen my weightloss yet! Can't wait!
  • tazboy
    tazboy Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Going to my parents place next week for 8 days. Where they eat fried, baked, fatty foods. Trying to tell them I'm eating healthier, but I get, oh a little won't hurt you. (I have a weakness for Bannock) Fishing for a couple of days as well. Hot hot sun, means lots of water for me. Somewhere in there is my 5 week weigh in, and I'm hoping I can reach my goal of -20 lbs by then. It should be interesting to say the least.
  • Cocochickdeleted
    Cocochickdeleted Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I'm going to California and Alabama next month, and on a cruise (Carnival from Miami to Grand Cayman and Jamaica) in January. I am at goal, but I am still working on firming things up, and will continue, because the last time I cruised, I was too ashamed to wear shorts. This time around, I will definitely feel comfortable rocking my bathing suit! I may even wear it to the beach.
  • MSepp
    MSepp Posts: 228
    Options
    I was hoping to lose 10 lbs by my wedding. Scale won't budge but inches certainly have...

Wedding is on two weeks from Saturday. We fly out in 1 week from this coming monday-EEK!