Weird Little Habits that Help

Options
I do 50 jumping jacks every time I use the restroom... strange, but it amounts to about 500 jj's a day, and with almost no forethought.

Anyone else have a strange little habit for health?

Replies

• tberend
    tberend Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Great idea. I can't wait to hear what other people do.
  • doomspark
    doomspark Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I have a can (unopened) of diet soda on my desk at work. Whenever I get the urge to buy one, I look at it and think "Naaaah".
  • Jennifer_Mack
    Options
    love the jumping jack idea ..

whats wrong with diet soda ?? 0 cals right??
  • beezlebubb
    beezlebubb Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I have a can (unopened) of diet soda on my desk at work. Whenever I get the urge to buy one, I look at it and think "Naaaah".

So then you just drink the one on your desk...? Or you think "I don't need diet soda."
  • doomspark
    doomspark Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I think "I don't NEED this. I only WANT it." So the can sits unopened and I look at it and grin.

ETA: Nothing wrong with diet sodas per se, but the sodium plays havoc with my blood pressure.
  • miranda_mom
    miranda_mom Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    I don't know if they're weird habits but I don't eat anything after 8:30 PM (it's easier than it sounds), I weigh myself every day to make sure I'm going in the right direction, and I plan out my meals in advance and don't deviate from them.
  • heartkermit
    heartkermit Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I have no habits. But this is very interesting maybe I will gain a habit
  • love2nicks
    love2nicks Posts: 21
    Options
    you go to the bathroom 10 times a day? that seems like an awful lot. I drink a ton of water and I don't even go that much LOL

My little habbit is that I never leave the house without a bottle of water. My kids have developed the same habbit. Drives my husband batty but it's healthy so he can't really justify complaining ;)
  • ladytinkerbell99
    ladytinkerbell99 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    I do 50 jumping jacks every time I use the restroom... strange, but it amounts to about 500 jj's a day, and with almost no forethought.

^ Mine is similar in that when I am waiting for the kettle to boil when making tea (for me it can be 3 to 5 times a day) I do squats or lunges.
  • kaervaak
    kaervaak Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Pull-up bar in the doorway to the kitchen. Anytime I pass by the bar, I have to do pull-ups to failure. Increased my pull-ups from 0 to 6 so far.
  • WineVine
    WineVine Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Bump.
    Good ideas.
  • gc_tweety
    gc_tweety Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • xxTAMxx
    xxTAMxx Posts: 614
    Options
    Stretching in the shower. This morning I was in a hurry which resulted in me in the shower, brushing my teeth, on one leg stretching out my quads...
  • iLose2Gain
    iLose2Gain Posts: 138 Member
    Options

I go to the bathroom way too much for that!! LOL Yes I go more than 10 times a day!!!
    But my trick, not necessarily strange, but I drink a 20 oz bottle of water every 2 hrs! & stop after 5p (so I won't go to the bathroom during the night!!) This way I get in about 80 oz of water a day before 5 pm!!
  • ChapinaGrande
    ChapinaGrande Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I used to do squats and lunges while I brushed my teeth. I not only got the exercise, but I also brushed my teeth longer. Double Whammy! POW POW!
  • XtyAnn17
    XtyAnn17 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Bump! Wanna hear what others have to say
  • bloomlately
    bloomlately Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    I think "I don't NEED this. I only WANT it." So the can sits unopened and I look at it and grin.

I have a can of Dr Pepper that I picked up during a company party and never opened. I often look at it and then reach for my yummy black teabags instead. I generally don't drink soda--broke the habit a long time ago--but it doesn't hurt to have it sit around for a particularly bad "I NEED sugar" kind of day.
  • AShawneeF
    AShawneeF Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Pull-up bar in the doorway to the kitchen. Anytime I pass by the bar, I have to do pull-ups to failure. Increased my pull-ups from 0 to 6 so far.

that's such a great idea!
  • DeadMarsha
    DeadMarsha Posts: 203
    Options
    you go to the bathroom 10 times a day? that seems like an awful lot. I drink a ton of water and I don't even go that much LOL

Dude, that's nothing. If all I drink is water that's my average. ;) If I have anything else to drink I have to pee every half hour. I would be in great shape if I did that, though my co-workers would think I had lost my mind, haha! TINY BLADDER PEOPLE UNITE!
  • bzmom
    bzmom Posts: 1,332 Member
    Options
    Bump