Calling all Beachbody coaches, RE: Shakeology

Options
1234568»

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    Options
    Why do cows eat green grass and white milk comes out??? I don't know. I just know that it does.
    There are many like Acg who don't just take people's word for it. I don't either. If something is apparently working, I'd like to know why it does and why another doesn't. It's called KNOWLEDGE.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    shakeology is like a pyramid scheme? like amway?
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Yep. Why do you think it's so damn expensive compared to other shakes? :smokin:

IDEA Fitness member
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    Why do cows eat green grass and white milk comes out??? I don't know. I just know that it does.
    That's a really horrible and scary attitude to take regarding ones health and nutrition.
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    Yep. Why do you think it's so damn expensive compared to other shakes? :smokin:

IDEA Fitness member

ugh. my brother is in amway. it sucks. he refuses to see how much money it's cost him these last four years. four years of saying he's going to retire in six months. and he's become a living breathing advertisement. claims the supplements and energy drinks has made him a better athlete and made him lose weight. it might be that, or it might be because he quit smoking pot, and drinking as much, and started playing soccer 6 days a week instead of once.
  • gazz777
    gazz777 Posts: 722
    Options
    bump only
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    ugh. my brother is in amway. it sucks. he refuses to see how much money it's cost him these last four years. four years of saying he's going to retire in six months. and he's become a living breathing advertisement. claims the supplements and energy drinks has made him a better athlete and made him lose weight. it might be that, or it might be because he quit smoking pot, and drinking as much, and started playing soccer 6 days a week instead of once.
    I remember, the Nutralite line! My dad was in Amway for a few years and worked hard at it. IMO, MLM's are scams. While a few do make it, the vast majority who join are the supporting cash flow for the upline. To me that's just a way of preying on people who are usually wanting to make it and willing to listen to some "sponsor" and spend their hard earned money on a dream that is likely out of reach. While most successful people started at the bottom, along the way they become shrewd salespeople feeling good about people joining (even though they may have had nothing to do with it) because it's another bonus in their pocket whether the people become successful or not.

IDEA Fitness member
  • oregon_nicole
    oregon_nicole Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Beachbody is not a pyramid scheme. You pay a one-time fee of something like $40 to be a coach. It is up to you to put in the work as to how much you wish to earn. There is a large support system to help you build your business as far as you'd like to go, and you actually get clients sent to you from Beachbody.
  • Debbiedebbiey
    Debbiedebbiey Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    In skimming over this, did beach body ever come back with a reply? I personally love shakeology Choc. Did my last one yesterday. Then went to gnc. If I was going to get the stuff there that's in the shake, the $ is super close, plus I'd have to take pills as big as my thumb. And I love the taste soooo much! Their distribution warehouse is about 20 miles from my house, I'd be willing to work pt there ( looking for job anyways) just to get the discount to drink it again!!!! I'm sad I'm out & have to wonder what the peeps are drinking that say shakeology tastes terrible . Do you get mad at Starbucks because their making money off you ?? And this is way healthier than that !
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Beachbody is not a pyramid scheme. You pay a one-time fee of something like $40 to be a coach. It is up to you to put in the work as to how much you wish to earn. There is a large support system to help you build your business as far as you'd like to go, and you actually get clients sent to you from Beachbody.
    So it's not an MLM? Really? If you don't know that by now, then you're the type of person they want.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    In skimming over this, did beach body ever come back with a reply? I personally love shakeology Choc. Did my last one yesterday. Then went to gnc. If I was going to get the stuff there that's in the shake, the $ is super close, plus I'd have to take pills as big as my thumb. And I love the taste soooo much! Their distribution warehouse is about 20 miles from my house, I'd be willing to work pt there ( looking for job anyways) just to get the discount to drink it again!!!! I'm sad I'm out & have to wonder what the peeps are drinking that say shakeology tastes terrible . Do you get mad at Starbucks because their making money off you ?? And this is way healthier than that !
    Starbucks makes money of a reasonable price. $4 for a serving from shakeology compared to $1 a serving for the avg shake is 4 times more, but the product ISN'T 4 times better nor effective. And where does that money go too? To some upline that has joe schmoe on their down line.
    If you've read the whole thread, you'd know by now that Beach Body DOESN'T manufacture the product (it's done by a 3rd party that makes protein powders for several other companies as well) and doesn't oversee where the raw product is derived from. That means that there's no assurance that the product is as "pure" as Beach Body makes it sound since it doesn't manufacture it.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
  • RicSnyder
    RicSnyder Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    MLM and pyramid schemes are not the same things...I cannot believe I got sucked back into this ridiculous thread.
  • Debbiedebbiey
    Debbiedebbiey Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    I did NOT read the whole thread which I stated in the first few words of my post. It's my opinion to say that I like ...no, LOVE the taste of shakeology. People like you suck the fun out of these boards. Honestly, it's my 4bucks, not yours ! Have a great day!:drinker: Yeah shakeology !!!
  • TinaSikkema
    TinaSikkema Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am quite amazed at the OP's questions. He obviously knows his stuff when it comes to personal nutrition. As a new BB coach I am glad that you asked these questions and I am also glad that Ric was able to help you out and find some of the answers to them for you. (I was actually just in the process of searching for them when I saw that he had posted the answers already).
    BB just came out with some vegan formulas so I am curious to know if they have any further insights on some of the questions you poised. I will email Shakeology and ask your questions and post their response on here!
  • TinaSikkema
    TinaSikkema Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Okay I have submitted your questions and am awaiting a reply. If you have any further questions here is the link to directly submit your questions to Shakeology. https://faq.shakeology.com/app/ask
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    I am quite amazed at the OP's questions. He obviously knows his stuff when it comes to personal nutrition. As a new BB coach I am glad that you asked these questions and I am also glad that Ric was able to help you out and find some of the answers to them for you. (I was actually just in the process of searching for them when I saw that he had posted the answers already).
    BB just came out with some vegan formulas so I am curious to know if they have any further insights on some of the questions you poised. I will email Shakeology and ask your questions and post their response on here!

I find the ingredient label for the vegan protein hilarious, they are trying to be even more deceptive with a monster prop blend of all their ingredients instead of breaking out each one like on previous labels. The is most likely because it was very easily to spot that nearly all the "superfoods" were laughably underdosed. Granted it's still easy to tell that the majority of the things in ShakeO are underdosed and well under any studied efficacious dose.
  • tuffytuffy1
    tuffytuffy1 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Did acg's questions get answered somewhere in this thread? I didn't want to wade through a million pages if they did not. I just had a friend offer Shakeology to me, and I'm very skeptical.
  • ebgbjo
    ebgbjo Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    Superfoods... I really hate that word

I find the ingredient label for the vegan protein hilarious, they are trying to be even more deceptive with a monster prop blend of all their ingredients instead of breaking out each one like on previous labels. The is most likely because it was very easily to spot that nearly all the "superfoods" were laughably underdosed. Granted it's still easy to tell that the majority of the things in ShakeO are underdosed and well under any studied efficacious dose.
  • Anastasia0511
    Anastasia0511 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I did NOT read the whole thread which I stated in the first few words of my post. It's my opinion to say that I like ...no, LOVE the taste of shakeology. People like you suck the fun out of these boards. Honestly, it's my 4bucks, not yours ! Have a great day!:drinker: Yeah shakeology !!!
    I did not read the entire thread either but have been drinking Shakeology since it came out and don't have time to list all the reasons why I like it versus some bull**** $1 Slim Fast drink. Let people have an opinion and you and I will stick with what we know lol.
    I am not a Beachbody coach, never will be and don't listen to what 99.99% of them talk about. But I do like Shakeology and it has helped me in many ways.