Do you eat too fast?

Options
13»

Replies

• trm981
    trm981 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I eat way too fast....after having a baby it started and I have never changed.:sad:

Me too! When my kids were babies they would cry and want to be fed whenever I was trying to eat, it never failed. I learned to shovel my food fast if I wanted to finish it before it got cold sitting there for a half hour while I fed a baby.

I like eating fast though. I don't know why, it just feels more satisfying to me to take big bites and eat fast than to nibble at food. So I just put the portion on my plate I know I'm going to eat and have logged my calories for. So if I finish it in 5 minutes or 20, who cares? I would have eaten it anyway. =)
  • opalescence
    opalescence Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    mindful eating. its not easy but its definitely a habit worth developing. google mindful eating hth

Best of Luck :flowerforyou:
  • mikejacobs1958
    Options
    Guilty as charged !!!!
  • JeaninePaige
    JeaninePaige Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I do. :( And I find that often when I eat quickly I end up still hungry after I'm finished. I really need to learn how to take my time so my body has a chance to be full.
  • stevepierson
    stevepierson Posts: 119
    Options
    I only have a 30 minute lunch and eat at my desk. I hoover my lunch!!

LOL, I resemble that remark!!
  • FitasBarbie
    FitasBarbie Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Try using chopsticks instead of you're regular fork and spoon... That should slow things abit :wink:
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I eat slowly. I don't have tips I just do it because I like to. I like to enjoy my food. My boyfriend takes the biggest ungodly bites and wolfs his food down so fast... it kind of grosses me out lol.
  • Tysonhi98
    Tysonhi98 Posts: 21
    Options
    I Destroy my food lol :) :L
  • twiztc
    twiztc Posts: 135
    Options
    I eat so fast

I used to eat a quarter pounder loaded with salad in about 2 minutes

I still eat fast

I think its because when I was about 13 I would eat as much as my Dad. If he ate faster than me he would try to steal bits off my dinner plate... that's until he got my fork in the back of his hand.

We both used to race each other and the first to finish got the best pick of what my brother and sister didnt want.

I cant believe I used to eat like that and stayed so very skinny.

My hubby on the other hand is painfully slow- I've known him take 2 hours to eat half a dozed chicken wings that I'd have finished in 5 minutes!
  • twiztc
    Options
    that is ok if you are crap with chopsticks:wink:

dont slow me down :laugh:
  • messyinthekitchen
    messyinthekitchen Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    Yes I eat like I am a prisoner lol. It's horrible but I can't help myself lol. A friend I know eats with her eyes closed. It has helped her lose weight and she eats slower now.
  • fitatfiftyfive
    Options
    YES. But I'm trying to be conscious of every bite I put into my mouth now so that I will know I'm really full. When I eat fast I always overeat. Taking time to savor really does help me. For instance, I can eat a Hershey bar with almonds without even realizing I've done it, but if I buy really good cholocate - say Lindor's Dark Chocolate with Chilis - I can break off a small piece and let it melt in my mouth - this always takes me longer than a Hershey bar or a bag of M&Ms. It seems more decadent with the more expensive chocolate.....:bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • JWmovin4ward
    JWmovin4ward Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Yep I eat too fast, it is something I am midfull of & try to eat slower especially when eating with others. I find putting the cutlery down inbetween bites is the easiest way...
  • twiztc
    Options
    oh ... now chocholate is differen......

its gotta be sucked as it melts

<<<DROOOOOOOOOOL>>
  • kr3851
    kr3851 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    I used to be ridiculously slow... now I eat pretty fast... To try to slow down I try to match my boyfriend and only put my fork to my mouth when he does. I might chew and swallow faster, but the food goes in at the same rate. Sometimes when he gets distracted by the TV I'm staring at him screaming (in my head) OMG HURRY UP AND TAKE ANOTHER BITE!!! I wouldn't dare tell him that's what I do - he'd make it into some sort of game for sure and drag dinner out over two hours!!!
  • coachblt
    coachblt Posts: 1,090
    Options
    I thought I was a fast eater but apparently not. I'm always one of the last to finish and ordered the smallest amount of food.

I'm not a slow eater like my grandmother was, mind you, but certainly not a fast eater either. I would say average, I suppose.