My mom's death sparked my weight loss of 110 lbs.

Options
123457»

Replies

• Jazzyjules71
    Jazzyjules71 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I'm a cardiac nurse practitioner, and am very very excited to see all the stories of people initiating change after health care crises with their loved ones. It's often in my job that I see NO attempt at changes despite the health problems. So I'm really excited to see it here.

Congrats to everyone that is making a change in their own life after seeing their loved ones suffering a health related health crisis!
  • cpldjski
    cpldjski Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    When I read the topic of your post I thought to myself, that could be me. My mom passed away in December 2009 after a long illness. She had just turned 58. I remember her dieting and regaining my entire life. In the 3 months prior to her death she lost 60 pounds. After she passed away I told myself that I would take my health, and weight more seriously. I didn't. It took the first anniversary of her passing to give me the kick I needed. I didn't want my kids to go through the same thing. I have lost 65 pounds now, with 10 coming off since starting MFP. I miss her everyday, but I know she is up there cheering me on. Congratulations in your weight loss, you should be proud of yourself. I am sure your mom is. :)
  • MzMiller1215
    MzMiller1215 Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    It's amazing you used such a tragic event to motivate you to drastically change your lifestyle! Such an inspiring story!! You look fantastic! Make this change for life and you will live a long time!! Great work!!
  • pam6870
    pam6870 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    You have an awesome testimony!
  • timeforsomethingsweet
    timeforsomethingsweet Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    You are such a remarkable story of triumph! Keep it up and I wish the best for you and your family :flowerforyou:
  • ilovemybuggy
    ilovemybuggy Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    Beautiful job! You should be very proud of yourself; I know your mom is!! <3
  • HealthyMe46
    HealthyMe46 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Such a bittersweet story. What a gift you have given your family and friends!
  • amylovescupcakes
    amylovescupcakes Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    My mom passed away April 01 of this year. :( I gained 20 lbs pretty much by July. Gah I love her. :(
  • 14uqueen
    14uqueen Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Geat job! Thanks for the informarion!
  • fenna3107
    fenna3107 Posts: 46
    Options
    Amazing! You look AWESOME! Thanks for posting your story.
  • OnMyWay2Me2
    OnMyWay2Me2 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    YOU LOOK AWESOME!!!!! AND WHAT AN INSPIRATION TO US ALL!!! GREAT WORK!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!