A bit of a rant.

Options

Replies

• dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    Obviously jealous. People likely get defensive when they feel attacked...even if that attack is on their own self esteem. It is not your fault at all - but this person obviously has some low self esteem issues and needs to work on that herself.

Great job, You look wonderful! Very inspiring.
  • tishad58
    tishad58 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    She is either jealous as h*ll, or she is blind. :) I vote for jealous cuz you are lookin great! :)
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    She's insanely jealous.....:devil:
    So, just stay the course, and as you continue to make progress, make sure to gloat over this sub-human.
    And at some point when she asks for your advice, steer her toward the most insane crash diet on the market.
    Research whatever the biggest scam is.
    Tell her that's how you did it.
    And good luck with your continued success:drinker:
  • airlily
    airlily Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I know this will sound odd, but I would tell her the truth and start by saying "If I'm acting odd around you today, it's because I don't know how to act in light of what you said about me a few days ago." She'll ask, and you can tell her what you overheard. At least it'll be off your chest if you do so. She'll have some excuse, but at least you said it. Then, pull away from her and try not to talk to her anymore. That would be me. :)
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    I recently put my profile picture of my weight loss on Facebook. I am very proud of how far I have come along and got nothing but encouraging words from all of my friends. My best friend's sister in law saw me a couple of days ago (she is pretty big herself). She told me how skinny I was and that she hated me (kidding of course, or so I thought she was) and that she thought that the picture I put up on Facebook was photoshopped. I told her "My God if I could photoshop" and left. I went back to my friend's house, she was still there. Before I knocked I heard her sister in law say that I hadn't even lost that much weight, that I wasn't even that pretty, that my before picture was so embarassing and that it was awfully tacky that I put a before and after picture up when I wasn't even done loosing weight. My friend told her "well she has lost 45 pounds and I think she looks good":smokin: I left. Of course it made me mad but I am a lady and will not stoop down for anyone. I am not one to care what people think (much) but what is her problem? Why do SOME women have to be so catty with each other? This is my life right? Let me be. It's my friend's birthday monday and I know she will be there. She is a hypocrite and will act like we are the bestest friends in the world. :noway: Do I tell her something? Just leave it alone? What would you do?

First of all your before/after in your profile looks amazing.
    Second of all you look great.

Lastly, there comes a time in life when we need to reflect upon the words of other brilliant people, to pull us through these hard times. In this case I leave you with:

"B1tches ain't sh1t". -Dr Dre.
  • Miribg
    Miribg Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Allright: Strut stuff, ignore her, play along with her "niceness", keep loosing weight while she looses my respect, have fun with my best friend in the world. <--- Will all be done come Monday. Thanks guys :smooched:
  • aimsteen
    aimsteen Posts: 49
    Options
    I recently put my profile picture of my weight loss on Facebook. I am very proud of how far I have come along and got nothing but encouraging words from all of my friends. My best friend's sister in law saw me a couple of days ago (she is pretty big herself). She told me how skinny I was and that she hated me (kidding of course, or so I thought she was) and that she thought that the picture I put up on Facebook was photoshopped. I told her "My God if I could photoshop" and left. I went back to my friend's house, she was still there. Before I knocked I heard her sister in law say that I hadn't even lost that much weight, that I wasn't even that pretty, that my before picture was so embarassing and that it was awfully tacky that I put a before and after picture up when I wasn't even done loosing weight. My friend told her "well she has lost 45 pounds and I think she looks good":smokin: I left. Of course it made me mad but I am a lady and will not stoop down for anyone. I am not one to care what people think (much) but what is her problem? Why do SOME women have to be so catty with each other? This is my life right? Let me be. It's my friend's birthday monday and I know she will be there. She is a hypocrite and will act like we are the bestest friends in the world. :noway: Do I tell her something? Just leave it alone? What would you do?

Lastly, there comes a time in life when we need to reflect upon the words of other brilliant people, to pull us through these hard times. In this case I leave you with:

Dr. Dre quote is too awesome...end thread
  • Miribg
    Miribg Posts: 149 Member
    Options

Best thing I could be left with :laugh: :drinker:
  • weighlossforbaby
    weighlossforbaby Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    Your friend's sister-in-law is just jealous about your progress and how great you are doing!!!! I am glad your friend told her nice things about you.
  • clover5
    clover5 Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    jealousy... it does a lot to a person.

She is taking it out on you because you have done what she wants to do but isn't brave enough.

ETA: You look fabulous by the way.

I agree ^ She's jealous! Ignore the comment. And yes, you do look fabulous.
  • KALMdown
    KALMdown Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    jealousy... it does a lot to a person.

She is taking it out on you because you have done what she wants to do but isn't brave enough.

ETA: You look fabulous by the way.

^^^^ Exactly this.
  • volume77
    volume77 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    Of course she's jelous of you... U look amazing! Just wear something super cute and have a great time mingle show off ur sexy self And completely ignore the *****!
  • dpwellman
    dpwellman Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    There's nothing to say except that sucks. . .but yet you have your accomplishment regardless of someone else's (stupid) opinion.

EDIT: That and some people are just jerks.
  • acv43
    acv43 Posts: 11
    Options
    Wow! you look fantastic!!! Obviously she is jealous of what you have accomplished ...it takes a lot of strength and fortitude to lose 45lbs and not everyone is up to the challenge. There is absolutely nothing "tacky" about posting pics of your accomplishments. Don't pay her any mind at all- some people can only make themselves feel better by putting others down.

Keep up the great work :)
  • lovinmyselfagain
    lovinmyselfagain Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    You look awesome. I say the best response is to keep doing what you're doing-losing weight and looking more fabulous by the day. If she attempts to be catty again, tell her how you feel...all with a smile on your face :).
  • nrvo
    nrvo Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    F that B!! You look fabulous and she is just jealous.
  • nnylee
    nnylee Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    She's soooo jealous. Just ignore that crap. I looked at your photo and I see a HUGE difference. You look great, girl!
  • ephemerata
    ephemerata Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    dont confront her, but keep flaunting those skinny pics. at the end of the day, you are losing weight and she is losing your respect.

stone cold. i love it.
  • AuddAlise
    AuddAlise Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    If she came up to me I would tell her I heard every word and that I would prefer to not talk to her and then walk away.

BTW you look A-MAZING!
  • jly33403
    jly33403 Posts: 49
    Options
    I say keep flaunting it! Normally I am against saying people are jealous, but in this case I have to say she definitely is. You've worked hard for how you look now and I wouldn't hide that.

also a good testament of your friendship that she stuck up for you; a lot of people would just say "yea" and leave it at that.

Congratulations!