Any criers out there??

Options

Replies

• Determinednoob
    Determinednoob Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    I am not sure I have ever cried over the death of a family member. I have teared up pretty good watching my mother cry over the death of a family member.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I got weepy when talking about the Colorado shooting this morning. :cry:

I cry more from anger than sadness, and I hate that I do that because it makes me feel really wussy. But it's a far better reaction to anger than my brothers' reaction to punch or kick things. I've never put a whole in a wall or broken any bones that way. :happy:

I very rarely laugh til I cry. I laugh until I wheeze and can't breathe first. :laugh:

In case anyone doesn't know, never ever say the words, "Don't cry," if you think a woman is about to cry. It opens floodgates.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I cry at a lot of things. But never in front of people I don't trust, which is like almost everybody.
  • tugboatme1
    tugboatme1 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    My mom my sis & my grandma all cry over everything they say im heartless cuz i dont cry all the time.
  • jenlarz
    jenlarz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I cry often but it's usually when I'm overwhelmed and stressed out. I hate that crying is how I react to stress. It's happened a few times in work situations and it's embarrassing... I can't really control it, though.

I am so this! Glad Im not the only one. I also cry when I get mad.

Far from it! I cry when I'm mad all the time and then get more mad b/c I'm crying and can't stop! I cry pretty easy over sappy things and sad things too-eg it brought tears to my eyes when I saw all the school stuff out and I know I have to send my baby to kindergarten this year.
  • Shelbert79
    Shelbert79 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I cry over commercials, movies, shows, songs and sometimes when I'm frustrated. I don't think my husband was ever a crier until we had our kids, now tv shows, movies, and songs will choke him up.
  • Exquizyt
    Exquizyt Posts: 33
    Options
    I don't remember who I heard say it, but they were spot on. I cry from any heightened emotion.

For example:

* I cried when I had $500 stolen from my bank account 3 weeks ago because I was sad
    * I cried happy tears yesterday when I found out that I got my money back into my account
    * I also cried on Tuesday when I went into an interview (I'm a college drop out) for a job I really wanted because the person who interviewed me said "We're looking for someone with an associate's degree to prove they've accomplished something". I balled out of embarrassment and frustration.
    * I saw a bunch of funny *.gif 's in a thread today and cried because I was giggling so hard.

Difference is though, I cry once I'm away from people if I'm sad/mad/embarrassed because I don't want to make a scene, crying is just how I unwind and cope. If I laugh till I cry, it's short lived :P
  • teeley
    teeley Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I am crying right now!!

I cry ALL the time, can't help it....and it is not just tears....crying comes with a blotchy red face and high as h*ll red eyes for the majority of the day..
  • txlissa62
    txlissa62 Posts: 128
    Options
    I cry - when I'm sad, when I'm happy, or when I'm made. Extreme emotions make me cry. For instance, I'm a photography fanatic, and my husband gave me a camera I'd been wanting (but not expecting) for my birthday a few weeks ago. I cried. Last week he told me something that meant a lot to me, and I cried.

Maybe it's pre-menopause? :laugh:

He will cry sometimes, too, and is not ashamed about it. It's one of the things I love about him.
  • Jani2416
    Jani2416 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I had a great cry a couple weeks ago, it was great and it helped me to move on from what was bugging me, nothing wrong with it at all. Today I had tears of joy...best tears I've had in a very long time!
  • Maria_T007
    Maria_T007 Posts: 107
    Options
    I cry, I don't cry much but when I do its like a faucet turns on and I can't stop. I get to the point where I almost cry all the time but to actually cry is big :)
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    I cry all the time, I cry at the fluffy Royale kitten commercials...i cry at cheesy movies, I cry when I get into arguments (even though I'm really really angry and not upset/sad) I can't help it, and I actually don't like it as I feel it portrays me as weak.

But it is what it is...

my ex's son used to have this statement when we were watching movies "Is Lauren crying? Yup gotta be a good movie then..."

:embarassed:

sometimes one just can't help it.

Lauren
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    last time i really remember crying, like a real cry, was 9/11.
  • WestCoastPhoenix
    WestCoastPhoenix Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Dawson-Crying-dawsons-creek-1445426-640-480-thumb-450x337-28420.jpg
  • shanae727
    shanae727 Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    I cry when I'm happy, sad, upset, mad or ooberly excited! I'm a compassionate person so it doesn't take much for me to tear up. I don't think there is anything wrong with that.
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    When ladies cry, I fall to pieces.
    I can't be around that. I once forgave a huge debt just because this crumb sent his wife over to snivel in my presence.
    Never again!
    I have a heartless admin person who runs interference with any crybabies who slither in looking for sympathy.
    She's tough as nails.
  • Anomalia
    Anomalia Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I'm a cryer for sure.
  • JWB42
    JWB42 Posts: 112
    Options
    GIRLS CRY...BOYS LIE!!!
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely a crier, though there is little consistency about what sets me off, except when I'm angry and frustrated, which successfully makes me angrier.

I digress. I can cry at commercials, songs, books, sometimes for absolutely no reason at all that I can work out (try crying at work and having someone ask you what's wrong and only be able to respond 'nothing').

However, I rarely cry at funerals, which does not mean that I don't cry over a close person's death.

People are different. Heartless people rarely worry about whether they appear to be heartless.

Edited to add: My husband seems to only cry when our pets have to be put down, though he does come close at funerals.
  • still_crafty
    still_crafty Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    There are really only 3 things that I can think of that have made me cry in the last 15 or so years:

My daughter - if she's hurt (really hurt) and crying, I will cry. If she's gotten her feelings hurt and is crying, I will cry. If she is just being the amazing child that she is, I will cry.

Anger - if I get so angry that the only options are to totally lose my *kitten* or cry, I will cry.

I cried when my dad died in October and I cry each time I visit his grave. I have to drive about 70 minutes to get to the National Cemetary and I can be totally fine the entire drive there but the second I turn into the cemetary the tears start falling.