I don't anyone should eat this...

Options

Replies

• Miribg
    Miribg Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Well I was going to eat chicken today :sick: That's really gross.
  • jpuderbaugh
    jpuderbaugh Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I can just imagine the sound effect.

"Sccccccccccccchhhhhhhlllloooooooooooo-

--POP!"

LMAO!!!! I just had to stifle myself from laughing really loud in my office.
  • littlelaura
    littlelaura Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    start stocking up people and be prepared for zombies!
  • Dani_wants_to_be_fit
    Dani_wants_to_be_fit Posts: 550 Member
    Options

silkworm pupae

I have actually tries this... and it's even worse than it sounds and smells awful!
  • kwest_4_fitness
    kwest_4_fitness Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    I now have to try and find one these just for all of the potential comedic pranks that can be pulled.
  • markymarrkk
    markymarrkk Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    hmmmm soo delicious!!
  • auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    Options
    what is all that slime around it?

Aspic? (a savory jelly, often made with meat stock, used as a garnish,)
  • shani251
    shani251 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm LOL!
  • joanie1313
    joanie1313 Posts: 17
    Options
    That really looks gross. But maybe to some it would be of use to them.
  • Nelliebird1430
    Options
    :noway: No. Effing. Way. Ew!!!

^^^ What they said!! EWWW!!!!!! :noway: :sick:
  • shani251
    shani251 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Just for fun, I'm going to buy some of this, make a fake label saying it's chocolate icing, and put in the pantry and wait for my husband to find it.

haha you win! This is the best idea ever!

LOL! i'm so stealing this idea! I have four kids - one of them will find it! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
  • healthtenderfoot
    Options
    This is real, grossly enough. Tosh.0 had a bit on one of his shows where he sent someone a few cans of chicken and the person ate them. Actually ATE them. *shudder*. Here's the website where you can see it: http://tosh.comedycentral.com/video-clips/chicken-in-a-can-challenge
  • losinitagain1
    Options
    yuk!
  • ambrwaves27
    ambrwaves27 Posts: 206
    Options
    What aisle do you find this on!!!! I so want to gross out my daughters!
  • jhyan
    jhyan Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    A lot of very ridiculous replies on this thread. Have you ever heard the phrase 'first world problems'? There are a lot of people in this world that would be overjoyed to have a shelf stable fully cooked protein available like this.

It's chicken, cooked in a can. Not a lot different from chicken cooked in a pot. They put the chicken in there, close it and heat it up to cook the chicken. The 'slime' is actually just chicken stock that is created as the bird cooks.

If you were going to boil a chicken to make chicken soup, but cooled the chicken down in the cooking liquid before taking the meat off the bones, it would look remarkably like the chicken in the photo.

I'd be willing to bet I could take this can of chicken and make a dish that would cause you to drool...
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    :noway: :sad:
  • Anaconda62
    Anaconda62 Posts: 181
    Options

Aspic? (a savory jelly, often made with meat stock, used as a garnish,)

Nope. That "jelly" substance is naturally occuring after you cook a chicken. Have you ever boiled a chicken to make chicken enchiladas or anything else? If you have and let it cool down in the fridge, that substance is present. It comes from inside the bones of the chicken, from the marrow. That is what gelatin is made of. It's also inside any other animal bones (cows, pigs).
  • jimbo_a_logo
    jimbo_a_logo Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Salty Gelatin.....Mmmmmmm......
  • Anaconda62
    Anaconda62 Posts: 181
    Options
    A lot of very ridiculous replies on this thread. Have you ever heard the phrase 'first world problems'? There are a lot of people in this world that would be overjoyed to have a shelf stable fully cooked protein available like this.

It's chicken, cooked in a can. Not a lot different from chicken cooked in a pot. They put the chicken in there, close it and heat it up to cook the chicken. The 'slime' is actually just chicken stock that is created as the bird cooks.

If you were going to boil a chicken to make chicken soup, but cooled the chicken down in the cooking liquid before taking the meat off the bones, it would look remarkably like the chicken in the photo.

I'd be willing to bet I could take this can of chicken and make a dish that would cause you to drool...

I was sort of going to go this route for my reply, but thought better of it. I do find amazing some of the things "first worlders" will eat and not find at all gross.
  • cunfewzed1
    cunfewzed1 Posts: 80
    Options
    1znyck6.jpg

Looks just like the pic on the can!