Replies

• Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    Mine says I'm overweight :( lol
  • dajn44
    dajn44 Posts: 13
    Options
    thank you that big red obese on my medical chart is what made me start weight loss it is the small victories that keep me going. :flowerforyou:
  • tosmoothash
    tosmoothash Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Thank you for this....I so needed to hear (well read) this!!!:drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • jeffrodgers1
    jeffrodgers1 Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    MY BMI says, I was Obese when I ran my marathon two months ago. It was awfully hard to put on my size 34 jeans after. No wait, thats cuz my legs were sore.... Nevermind.

I have approx 17% body fat and I'm still considered Obese.

BMI = CRAP used by insurance companies to justify not selling insurance.
  • SunKissed1989
    SunKissed1989 Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    The BMI also says that I would be considered 'healthy' if I were 7 stone (98 pounds). A nurse told me this when I enquired about weight loss and said there would be hardly anything on my body (I'd basically look skeletal) and 10 stone (140lbs) would be an ideal weight for my height (which was my goal anyway).

Although it is widely recognised, nothing is perfect and it does have its flaws. Keep up the good work and use NSVs to measure your progress along with the number on your scale (when they agree with each other). I told my auntie I'd nearly lost a stone and she said it looked like I'd lost more than that.

Numbers ain't everything :smile:
  • SmashleeWpg
    SmashleeWpg Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Ahhhhhrnold would also have qualified as "obese" back in his heyday Mr. Olympia Days ... yeah, he looks super fat to me! Riiiiight :)

ArnoldSchwarzeneggerPicture.jpg
  • specialkyc
    specialkyc Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Thanks Olee...that's awesome!
  • brickhouse76
    brickhouse76 Posts: 146
    Options
    "like"
  • nolakris
    nolakris Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    If you go by just BMI, I'm pretty sure Shaun T from Insanity would clock is as 'obese" and there is nothing fat about that man.
  • Josette89
    Josette89 Posts: 244
    Options
    Haha.... Yup, my chonies used to shrink all the time.... dang dryer..... but I've switched detergents, it's called "Healthy". HAHAHAHAHA!!! Seriously, I put my undies on now and they are all saggy around my body, I guess it's time for new ones :) But that day for new clothes will come when I reach my goal.
  • Josette89
    Josette89 Posts: 244
    Options
    The BMI also says that I would be considered 'healthy' if I were 7 stone (98 pounds). A nurse told me this when I enquired about weight loss and said there would be hardly anything on my body (I'd basically look skeletal) and 10 stone (140lbs) would be an ideal weight for my height (which was my goal anyway).

Although it is widely recognised, nothing is perfect and it does have its flaws. Keep up the good work and use NSVs to measure your progress along with the number on your scale (when they agree with each other). I told my auntie I'd nearly lost a stone and she said it looked like I'd lost more than that.

Numbers ain't everything :smile:

:) a stone sounds so much nicer than a pound. hehe. I will just say from now on, I'm 14 stone. :D