Options
    gym owner, personal trainer, spin instructor
  • prettylittlegreekdoll
    Options
    I'm an ER / Trauma nurse
  • SueCBrannon
    SueCBrannon Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Wife, Mom, Mimi ... best job in the world!! Love it!
  • mygrl4meee
    mygrl4meee Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    I am caregiver for in home care for the elderly and the only way I add calories burned at work is if my client and I go to the gym to swim or when we take walks. Mostly, I am not really active at work.
  • mndamon
    mndamon Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    I'm a Systems Engineer in IT, looking to start real estate investment next year. I can't stand being stuck in an office all day every day anymore!!
  • Rodamort
    Rodamort Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Test computer software from home. Not much activity here... :(
  • Hawksbillus
    Hawksbillus Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I'm a stay home, homeschooling dad by day and a therapist for troubled teens later on.
  • candacious
    Options
    Sales... my only exercise is when I get out of my car to walk to the office. This will change soon, when I get motivated to actually do some exercise :)
  • sophayz
    sophayz Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    i am a lead 3d artist for a video game compagnie .. even though my job is really stressfull and busy i spend most of my day sitting in front of a compiter so i get little to no exercice from work , thats why i try and go to the gym as often as possible but with 10 to 12 hours shifts its kinda complicated :P
  • Glamorous_RN
    Glamorous_RN Posts: 204
    Options
    Im a ER Trauma Nurse
  • creech6317
    creech6317 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I work in the parts department at a winery here in lovely Sonoma County, Ca.
    Othere than the hike to get to the restroom, I am stuck behind a desk almost all day long.
    All my exercise is before or after work.
  • JosieRawr
    JosieRawr Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Essentially, I get paid a very nice salary to troll the MFP forums when I should be sysadminning

lol nice, i use to have a friend who was a night time security guard, he was online gaming at work all the time!
  • Ladysummers
    Ladysummers Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I teach my young daughter at home (home schooling).
  • toysbigkid
    toysbigkid Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    I'm retired now but I used to drive a school bus, I'd start at 6:00 in the morning picking up kids till 9:00 we'd drop the kids off at school then have us (busdrivers) a 2 hour walk then go home and do a few things (getting on with your day, cleaning house etc.) and back out to pick kids up again for 2, we'd have to be at the bus earlier and do our inspections etc. Then get done at 4:30, right back at school to do the sports run, late runs. get home at 8 or 8:30 pm. That was a long day. Nice to watch the kids grow up before your eyes though. Miss that. Kindergarden to H.S. Lots of time for junk food on the run! I gained my weight after I stopped driving though. too much down time.
  • julieh391
    julieh391 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    I'm a part time in home nurse. I stay home with my 3 kids during the day and work a few evenings a week. I love it. :)
  • jadeanstey
    jadeanstey Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm a power engineer at an oil refinery. I work 12 hour days with a 1 hour commute to and from work making it 14-15 hour days. I am having a very hard time making time to eat healthy and exercise. But, I love my job so I'm trying to find a happy balance between work and health.
  • 2muchsauce
    2muchsauce Posts: 1,078
    Options
    I work in healthcare..................MRI Technologist
  • mmmyotwnz
    mmmyotwnz Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Until just a month ago I was a preschool teacher of 14 3-4 year olds. Now I am trying to get all of the funding/grants/scholarships together for my only daughter to go to college in 3 weeks. When I figure this out I should be ready for child #4 to go to college next August.

When the economy was really good, I did faux painting of walls and furniture and painted murals in my spare time of teaching and raising 4 children.

Unfortunately it will look better for FAFSA next year if I was not gainfully employed outside my home until February of 2013. So we are down to one income now. yay.

I still like to paint for myself from time to time, but haven't done canvas work in years. This may be the time to dust off the brushes and palate. Other than cooking and gardening, I am an avid quilter to likes to take classes and collect fabric.

What I will do for a "living" now is to get myself healthy and strong so I can live a healthy active lifestyle. I am not on a diet, I am on a lifestyle change for the long haul.
  • walber
    walber Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am an insurance agent. I travel allot and work in a different location daily. My days are mixed. Some pretty active and others very slow and office work.
  • NycciSky
    NycciSky Posts: 5
    Options
    I have five kids 2,3,4,9,12....full-time job, I also am a server in a Italian restaurant, but in two weeks I will be making a huge transition to a server in a Fine Dining restaurant! Woot, Woot!! I also want to go back to school for my B.A. in Exercise Science and all day, everyday I am a Beachbody Coach, this by far is one of my most rewarding jobs!!! I get to lose weight, and help others lose weight!!!!