Oatmeal & Peanutbutter?

Options
StephStepByStep
StephStepByStep Posts: 131 Member
Does oatmeal mixed with all natural peanutbutter actually taste good?

Replies

• newmein2013
    newmein2013 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Not so sure about this one. Try a tiny bit of pb with a spoonful of oatmeal before actually mixing it in. This way you'll know right away & won't waste it if you don't like it. I have fresh fruit with my oatmeal & just have a tbsp of pb as an afternoon snack,
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    It's disgusting.
  • shady1987dre
    shady1987dre Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    This sounds interesting. I may try it.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    This sounds interesting. I may try it.

Don't do it. Learn from someone that took the plunge. GROSS!
  • StephStepByStep
    Options
    Guess this is a no go. Thanks guys.
  • splucy
    splucy Posts: 353
    Options
    I loved it :) I stir mine in after the oatmeal is cooked/heated up. I sometimes put a spoonful of nutella in - now THAT is yum!
  • StephStepByStep
    Options
    I mean, I like oatmeal & peanutbutter so in theory I imagine it tasting okay. haha
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    I find it mighty tasty.. But that's just my opinion. :P
  • sofia0586
    sofia0586 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    i put pb2 in it with some chopped strawberries.
    it's like pb&j.
  • justjenn1977
    justjenn1977 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    if you think you might like it then try it

never let anyone else influence you with "that's disgusting" and then you just take it...

that is so mindless....

if you like pb... and you like oatmeal try them together if you want...
  • realme56
    realme56 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    i put pb2 in it with some chopped strawberries.
    it's like pb&j.

^^^^ This is so good, so is regular PB!! In oatmeal that is. A treat oatmeal combo is almond butter, white chocolate and dried cranberries!
  • rudegyal_b
    rudegyal_b Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    pb could make a dirty sock taste good, what a question!
  • jennysnewlife
    Options
    I would stick to just oatmeal for its less calories instead of adding PB to it. That is for those that are counting calories. Keep in mind, those that are counting calories you need 1 protein and 1 Carb with every meal.
  • slowlyfading
    slowlyfading Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I like oatmeal, peanut butter and sliced banana :)
  • carolebville
    carolebville Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Love PB in my Oatmeal. Give it a try ... and like others mentioned try adding fruit also. YUMMY!
  • iKapuniai
    iKapuniai Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    OMG... I NEVER thought I would like Oatmeal w/ peanut butter, BUT... I made these things called "Elvis Bars" once, and I was HOOKED. It's oatmeal, peanut butter, banana and chocolate... HEAVEN! You can find recipes for it online. It's high in calories and requires baking, BUT to answer your question, I think the oatmeal and peanut butter combination is AMAZING... with some banana and dark chocolate chips. yuummmmmmmmmm I've actually been craving it for weeks now... it's just so damned high in calories lol BUT DELICIOUS!

Edit: For a "lower calorie" oatmeal and PB, try Pb2 instead of regular. PB flavor w/o all the cals. Still yummers.
  • itsjustdawn
    itsjustdawn Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    I liked it.
  • Gestahl
    Gestahl Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Almost anything tastes great with peanut butter, and oatmeal does very well with almost anything inside of it. It can't go wrong.

I have tried cooking oatmeal with peanut butter... I loved it. I believe it was especially good, though, if you throw a banana in as well right before you eat it.
  • paint_it_black
    paint_it_black Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal, pb and a little grated dark chocolate is known in my household as mud, and is the #1 breakfast of choice.
  • neurochamp
    neurochamp Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I loved it :) I stir mine in after the oatmeal is cooked/heated up. I sometimes put a spoonful of nutella in - now THAT is yum!

This.

Don't put the pb in until the oatmeal is cooked and removed from the heat. I use steel cut oats and add 1tbsp Jif Natural creamy peanut butter + ~1tbsp stevia extract (it needs the extra sweetness, IMO). Also, either nutella (~1-2tsp) or ~1tbsp mini chocolate chips added in is pure heaven.