Has anyone really overweight completed Insanity?

Options
2»

Replies

• crazy8ts
    crazy8ts Posts: 360
    Options
    Go at your pace... push where you feel like you can, but be easy when you feel like it's becoming too much (yeah, way easier to say than do). And the suggestion for knee support is a great one... Because it's a bunch of jumping around, I work knee braces (just ace bandage types... nothing too structured) for the first couple of weeks...
  • Cwilbanks12105
    Cwilbanks12105 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I started insanity at 255ish and completed it at 230. Just make sure you know your limits, realize that there's a pause button for a reason, modify when needed, and most importantly land your jumps correctly.
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your input :)
    My main worry is that I won't be able to do enough and burn what I am supposed to be burning in order to lose weight while following the nutritional guide.

Definitely a valid concern, and I was worried about the same thing. I found that I actually was overestimating my burn at first. Luckily I got a HRM so I can know for sure.

If you're iffy, just go for a lower option for activity level when you're following up the nutritional guide. I think it tells you to use active or very active - I thought I should use very active, but found my burns were more consistant with the active category. So I'd go with that if I were you.
  • RobinBeLongs
    Options
    I just finished week 3 and am 70 lbs overweight. I lost 5 lb and 1.5 inches so far. I modify some of the exercises to accommodate the pressure on my knees, but I make sure I keep moving. The exercises have become easier to do as the weeks have gone on. I really like this program and I plan to do a few rounds. There was a big difference between my first and second fit test. The important thing is to press play every day.