Need Snack Ideas For an Ice Cream Addict!!

Options

Replies

• 1twistedjew
    1twistedjew Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Allow yourself one day a week to have some ice cream, a small amount. On those days do extra cardio or eat a smaller meal. Everything in moderation. I can't give up my deserts, especially chocolate so I buy the weight watchers deserts and have one each night, factoring them in to my daily caloric intake.
  • macx2mommy
    macx2mommy Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I love ice cream and frozen treats. The frozen banana idea has been a staple. I will add cocoa powder, or peanut butter.
    Homemade sorbet, I find a really good hand mixer or blender should work. Just take frozen fruit, add a little vanilla, touch of juice, and your sweetener of your choice. I will use Splenda for me, and honey for the kids. Don't like them having sweeteners.
    I have been making a lot of Popsicles too. Blend fruit, add Greek yogurt, vanilla, sweetener or some juice. I have actually been giving m kids yogurt Popsicles for they breakfast dessert because its been soot here. It's just fruit, vanilla, and Greek yogurt, skip the sugar. They thinks it's a great treat.
  • sparklelioness
    sparklelioness Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I love ice cream, winter or summer, it doesnt matter. I refuse to give it up, I've just found ways to make it work :) here's what I'm currently having for a snack after dinner at night- i need something sweet after dinner, i just dont feel satisfied otherwise.

Oikos frozen yogurt in vanilla - 100 cals in half a cup. Its actually pretty good on its ow, but sometimes i crumble in two sugar free oreos (60 cals each i think, or around there), and a little mint flavor, and voila, mint chocolate cookie ice cream, a decent amount for 220 cals :) its really good. They have other flavors too, but some are 140-160 cals per half a cup.

So Delicious oconut milk ice cream in cookies and cream. 140 cals in half a cup. SO. GOOD.

Trader Joes Mint oreo mouthfuls -60 cals for one decent sized 'mini' (theyre not that small), usually two is enough to satisfy me. Yummy.

Good humour chocolate eclair bars-140 cals each. Not as healthy as frozen yogurt or coconut milk obvs, but i dont have them all the time. Theyre really chocolatey and satisfying.

Thats what I've got in rotation right now. Theres some other flavors Oikos i want to try, and a couple other brandsof oconut milk ice cream i need to try-when i do I'll try to remember to update this thread. I love ice cream, i refuse to live without it :)
  • dellybelly57
    Options
    Ice cream is my favorite treat too... and I have a past of eating it right out of the carton instead of a bowl, which didn't help the denial about how much I was eating. :( Now I have one ample scoop in a cute little dish, perhaps topped with fresh berries and I savor each little bite. There are lots of lower calorie ice creams/yogurts out there too. Skinny Cow has some nice treats and there are WW frozen fudge bars etc that are quite satisfying. Also, you might try freezing some banana slices. When frozen you can eat them that way or blend in a blender with a little milk. The result is a sweet, cold, creamy frozen treat that tastes simular to ice cream. Good luck. :)
  • fitterhappiermoreproductive
    Options
    Dreyer's Slow Churned Light Ice Cream - Black Raspberry, 1 cup 180cal
  • ctflute
    ctflute Posts: 22
    Options
    The banana thing is a winner. One banana, cut into coins and frozen. Throw into blender/food processor/Ninja with 1tbs peanut butter and couple squirts lite chocolate syrup. Once blended, you can stick it back in freezer for 30 minutes for great soft-serve consistency.

Another great ice cream substitute is the sugar free Jello pudding with some sliced banana and whipped cream. It will definitely satisfy an ice cream craving!
  • ThePersnicketyOtter
    ThePersnicketyOtter Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Put random fruits in the blender with some water. Blend and freeze. It's my healthy replacement. If you want or have extra calories add other things you like, like jelly, or sugar, or caramel, etc.
  • rkteal
    rkteal Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Chop a banana into chunks and freeze. Put in bowl and drizzle chocolate syrup on it. Yummm
  • 2012MidLifeChrysalis
    Options
    Fat free greek yoghurt with pureed fruit stirred in. I recently had a load of apples left over (always buying fruit and never eating it!) so blitzed them with some cinnamon and threw in some yoghurt, froze it ... my goodness it was lovely and if you do it yourself so you know what is in your fruit - blooming delicious. Rhubarb and stem ginger is another good one.

Good luck!
  • Hershey09
    Hershey09 Posts: 2
    Options
    Dairy Queen fat free no sugar added fudge bars have 50 calories, and the no sugar added dilly bars have 150 calories. Both are very good!!
  • RealWomenLovePitbulls
    RealWomenLovePitbulls Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    if u get fruit (like fresh strawberries) and freeze them, u can put the frozen fruit in the blender and add just a tiny bit of water and it makes really yummy, healthy ice-cream!
  • fatty_to_fitty
    fatty_to_fitty Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    wheyhey icecream - protein ice cream!!
  • eig6
    eig6 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I just made a protein smoothie that tasted like butter pecan ice cream; 1 scoop vanilla protein (I use body fortress), 1/2 cup milk ( I use almond) 1/8 cup pecans, 4-6 ice cubes blend and enjoy! I think butter extract would make a great addition but I didn't have any. 320 calories, 22 carb, 14 fat, 29 protein, and 5 grams of fiber :-) Also, fat free frozen yoghurt really is good as everyone else has said!
  • joan41
    joan41 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    definetly skinny cow. The individual cups are perfect. My favoriet is the dulce le leche, but sometimes its hard to find. I don't know if its because it has less calories and fat than the others or what. But me personally, I NEVER was a huge ice cream person, but now I try to save some calories at dinner for ice cream. I also like the brownie fudge, and the carmel cone. The ice cream sandwiches by skinny cow are good too. I like the chocolate and penutbutter!
  • itsjustdawn
    itsjustdawn Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    yasso frozen greek yogurt bars! 70cals!!!! and they taste good, too :)

Wholeheartedly agree with this! Just wish I could find the raspberry ones somewhere near me :-)
  • itsjustdawn
    itsjustdawn Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    I haven't scrolled through all of the comments but there's Arctic Zero ice cream replacement.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    We got these adorable little ice cream scoops at TJ Maxx that you are supposed to eat out of. So it's basically 1/4 cup of ice cream. You get your scoop, eat it, and you're done. Don't deprive yourself, just reduce the portion!
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    bump
  • treimnitz
    treimnitz Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Skinny Cow!