New to MFP, looking for friends

Options
HI,
I am new to mfp and I would like to meet friends who are on the same path. I am nearly 36 and have 2 young children. I am looking to lose 75 pounds and would love buddies for inspiration, ideas and chat. I am still figuring out how mfp works and would love any help and motivation I can get. Thanks!

Replies

• Dani_wants_to_be_fit
    Dani_wants_to_be_fit Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP =)
  • sleonardbranson
    Options
    Welcome...feel free to add me....
  • MrsWilsoncroft
    MrsWilsoncroft Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    HI,
    I am new to mfp and I would like to meet friends who are on the same path. I am nearly 36 and have 2 young children. I am looking to lose 75 pounds and would love buddies for inspiration, ideas and chat. I am still figuring out how mfp works and would love any help and motivation I can get. Thanks!

Hey and welcome to mfp :)
    I have been on here for a while but love catching up with all my friends and seeing what they've eaten and what exercise they've done.
    Feel free to add me.

Stacey x
  • Rockmyskinnyjeans
    Rockmyskinnyjeans Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP ~ I'll add you and support you through your journey! Stay active! It's been the best thing ever for me!
  • daharja
    daharja Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi - Welcome to MFP. It's an excellent resource, and I'll friend you :)

Cheers,

Leanne
  • RainaWalks
    RainaWalks Posts: 72
    Options
    hi,

i'm new too just started at the end of june...i'm loving it....

i log on every day and love to give and get encouragement...so feel free to add me....

Enjoy and hope to cheer you on ..on your weight loss journey...

Raina
  • MissTexas25
    Options
    Me too, I really need support and am willing to return the favor of course! Please add me! <3
  • kellyjomundy
    Options
    Welcome :)
    It's a lot easier when you have support on here. Feel free to add me :)
  • dbparra
    dbparra Posts: 21
    Options
    I started about a month ago. Logging in absolutely everything is challening, but keeps me accountable to change eating habits for good! A bonus is all the friends and encouragement. Feel free to add me.
    Deb
  • tumblyweed
    tumblyweed Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I'll be your Huckleberry! Feel free to add me. :)
  • auburnblue
    auburnblue Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I joined at the beginning of June. Feel free to add me!
  • bweisenberger84
    Options
    Welcome :smile: this site is great!! Good Luck:smile:
  • kittybear86
    kittybear86 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm new as well(I joined a few days ago.) Welcome to MFP.
  • ShizukaSamurai
    ShizukaSamurai Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi! Welcome to MFP! I just joined early this month and I'm loving it. I find myself more motivated to change my lifestyle with MFP than with WW, which I have tried in the past. Best wishes on your weight loss journey. I sent you a friend request. :)
  • JESSJESJ
    JESSJESJ Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me, just started this for "real" about a month ago!
  • Pillowbum
    Pillowbum Posts: 5
    Options
    Thanks so much for the replies and friend requests! We moved from the UK to Canada about 4 months ago and since it the first time in my life I've been without a car I thought the weight would fall off without effort as I'm walking all the time. The weight hasn't budged because I am walking at the rate of a 2 and 5 year old and mostly because I had no idea just how many calories I was consuming before I started logging on mfp. I can't believe how much butter and cheese I was eating!

Some days are harder than others, I have been doing this for 2 weeks and am starting to get bored of cucumbers/hummus/chicken/etc. I am really looking forward to learning tips, recipes and getting motivation when I need it most :smile:
  • MariFitBody
    MariFitBody Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Hi! Welcome! Add me if you'd like!
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    I'll add you!
    I.m new here still, I guess. (6 days)

The best part for me is SEEING what all I am eating/doing/not getting enough of... It really is helping me make a better plan.
  • anna_lisa
    anna_lisa Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    similar boat. you can add me if you like
  • cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    welcome to mfp and feel free to friend me. ive been on here since december 28, 2010, so if you need anything just let me know.