Need Snack Ideas For an Ice Cream Addict!!

Options
1235»

Replies

• kje2011
    kje2011 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Fat free greek yoghurt with pureed fruit stirred in. I recently had a load of apples left over (always buying fruit and never eating it!) so blitzed them with some cinnamon and threw in some yoghurt, froze it ... my goodness it was lovely and if you do it yourself so you know what is in your fruit - blooming delicious. Rhubarb and stem ginger is another good one.

Good luck!

mmmmm, sounds delish!
  • kje2011
    kje2011 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    I make my own "ice cream" with equal amounts of milk and frozen fruit. For the milk, you can even dilute it. For instance, 3 oz milk, 3 oz. water, 6 oz fruit. Put it in the blender with a few good shakes of cinnamon. If you have equal proportions (or a little less liquid) it comes out chunky like ice cream instead of smooth like a smoothie. I like to be able to eat it with a spoon. The fruits that work best are mango, pineapple and/or banana. The only sweetener I use is cinnamon. Some times I had soy nuts or dry roaster edamame. This is delicious - believe it or not I like it better than commercial frozen yogurt, and it's as healthy as you can get.

will have to try it
  • aprice3320
    aprice3320 Posts: 26
    Options
    Blue Bunny Sweet Freedom Double Strawberry 1/2 cup is 90 calories. I also love the Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches.
  • Lovelil68
    Lovelil68 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    If you have a brookshires in your area they carry an inexpensive sugar free low fat vanilla ice cream and you can add sugar free chocolate syrup to it and fruit, or gummy candies which are fat free.
  • Tinkerbell1010
    Tinkerbell1010 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    from one ice cream addict to another... fudgsicle sugar free bars 40 calories each, and delish ! Or Blue Bunny Sweet Freedom but you need to measure :)
  • dgwear
    dgwear Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    go to whole foods and get arctic zero, its expencive but only 140kcal per PINT.
  • dandur
    dandur Posts: 267 Member
    Options
  • halarson24
    halarson24 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Have you tried using frozen fruit and then pureeing them in a food processor? It comes out like delicious soft serve ice-cream but only has the calories from fruit!

http://hollylarsonrd.blogspot.com/2012/07/fruit-ice-creams-more-delicious-treats.html

Delicious!