Replies

• puffidredz
    puffidredz Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    wow amazing. congrats! truly an inspiration
  • handle123
    handle123 Posts: 62
    Options
    WOW..what an amazing achievement.. WELL DONE! You look amazing, it just shows what we can do when we set our mind to it and were determined... fantastic thread..congratulations xx
  • nannabannana
    nannabannana Posts: 787
    Options
    MY GOODNESS WHAT A NICE PIC.....You have done so remarkably well. CONGRATS and tks for sharing.
  • pgcline60
    pgcline60 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    That is great!!!!! Congratulations on that accomplishment. You look fabulous, by the way!!!!
  • Bevigal
    Bevigal Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!
  • LinaBo
    LinaBo Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look great!
  • silkinita
    silkinita Posts: 1
    Options
    this is awesome!! congratulations :)
  • kittybear86
    kittybear86 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    WOW.Congrats on your weight loss journey.You are an inspiration :)
  • maandyx0
    maandyx0 Posts: 59
    Options
    You look amazing! Great job!!
  • argenterie
    argenterie Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    This is amazing, congratulations! You look incredible. And so happy!
  • jesshayl1
    jesshayl1 Posts: 5
    Options
    You are such an inspiration. I weigh about what you weighed when you started and I even look like you a little in the picture, sizewise, and 160 is my goal weight. I know that someday I will be posting my goal weight pictures. I can't even imagine how great you feel! Congratulations and you are inspiring a lot of people. :)
  • jonski1968
    jonski1968 Posts: 4,498 Member
    Options
    Fantastic result...Well done.
  • dmwood
    dmwood Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! Thank you for sharing your success story!
  • meliad
    meliad Posts: 71
    Options
    You are gorgeous! Congrats
  • jsdude
    jsdude Posts: 1
    Options
    This thread is so inspirational, it's inspired me to become a new person. You look amazing, and you touched my heart and made me feel like I could work just as hard! Question: How hard/long did you work out? I'm trying to work out more calories than I'm eating. My family is all overweight, and eats ridiculously. It's a comfort thing. I'm on my own at college now, so I make changes.

At 18 years of Age, 280 Lbs, 6'1, I decided I needed more in life. My girlfriend was a big catalyst for change. She's a very skinny but very sexy gal, and she's totally into me. I never understood why (well, I don't look my weight, and I do have a cute face and hair but still, she could have anyone why me?) and I have so low self esteem. She once told me the only problem in our relaitonship is how negative I am about myself. That I have a handsome face and smile, and my perosnality jokes and interests and behaviour is everything she wants in a man. When I bash myself, she gets very angry and tells me to stop or she will make me. We hope to marry someday, but I fear if I keep having a negative self image I will ruin the relationship.

I get it now. My self loathing can't be good for her, or me. So it's not for her- cause I hold her effection, but for the health of our relationship that I want to fix myself so I can smile when I look in the mirror. I was always a skinny kid, but at a very young age I contracted an Illness, Ecoli or something I forget, and wound up weighing around twenty pounds. There was fear I was going to die, and so my parents lovingly fed me the worst food all the time they could. it worked, till when I hit around 10 and it had the opposite effect, and I was now somewhat chubby.

Still active, I always remained a little chubby, though with a string of leg injuries the past two years letting me be physically active maybe 20%, I really gained weight. Looking in a mirror was painful.

I want to be 160ish again, and I'll even sacrifice my muscle to get there, muscle will be easier to build up and tone at 160 than at 280 :/

This thread, is giving me the will to lose 120. I thank you, and I hope I can look and feel good once more, not afraid to take of my shirt and swim at the beach or wear a speedo etc.

My question to anyone who might know: How bad will my skin sag? My physician said as long as I lose the 120 over the course of a year or so, at a young age of 18 and still healthy even in my bad weight (minus my liver :3) that my skin will rebound and probably be tight.
  • mstifb
    mstifb Posts: 230
    Options
    That's AWESOME!!!!! :drinker:
  • kisskid24
    kisskid24 Posts: 1
    Options
    congrats to you you look amazing:happy:
  • Weight_less
    Weight_less Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    You look gorgeous!!!! Congratulations!!!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Thank you so much for sharing your success. I have over 100 to lose right now (I lost 40, got discouraged, and gained it back... now I'm trying again) and it seems impossible, so it helps so much to see someone who has succeeded!
  • weightloss06
    Options
    You look amazing. Congrats on your journey!!!!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!